1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC, Private Lobbies Update and Special Events

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Jan 27, 2017.

1. i've lot of "free time" in my work...^^

2. Don't know where your from but that's illegal in my country!

SlimCharles and @P73 like this.
  3. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

You can always "grab them by the pussy"

4. ????

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

That's a quote from your friend Donald Trump about woman.

SlimCharles and LeDude83 like this.
  6. And All american citizen do only legal things? cmon...

7. Oh he's not my friend l don't know him, only been to the states once about 10 years ago:p

8. Just becauase other people from all over the planet commit illegal acts isn't a excuse on a personal basis.

9. Right so for a moment stop being that useless please, again nothing constructiv, nothing interesting.

RoccoTTS likes this.
  10. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

This is not a discussion about USA, Trump or anything else we do not care about. This is the official forums of Assetto Corsa, as such, discuss things related to the game or do not discuss at all. If I see any new replys regarding this matter expect actions taken. I'm a bit done now with the whole drama, grow up.

-Kevin

Dookie, Reinart86, pippo10 and 5 others like this.
  11. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

....seems the game is missing so many and such important features that the "stop complaining again and again" logic is only going to be out the window. The features are just to important and effect gameplay to much for the discussion about it being needed constantly reminded of and bumped to make sure its constantly on the first page of the console forum until they are added.

Donald_Trump2016 likes this.
  12. You are right, and we all know that, but currently, did you have any solution to bring?

I mean, i don't say "stop complaining again and again" because i think that the game is perfect (it's clearly not) but repeat the same sentences or useless, it does not help AT ALL having updates faster.

If tommorrow somebody came and say "this game is bull**** because of it lacks of feature and content, i'm gonna fix this" i'll let him do.
    But apart from complainers...there is nothing new on it, so...

13. 5 weeks ago the new multiplayer system went in to QA, is it unreasonable to expect a status report? The silence is deafening.

14. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

....... to be honest for my little world of gaming. I just need cockpit cam adjustments and I would be totally happy with the game even without certain other features that other players need just as much as need that feature. Allthough that has stopped me from playing the game until that's added, my other comments has been about being patient. Should also mention I waited 5 months before I bought the game. So while I'm saying we need to be patient, I also havnt waited near as long as the day one players.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  15. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

They probably can't find enough people online to test it....

Redxbcoupe and Donald_Trump2016 like this.
  16. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Why are you here? I've never seen you saying something different than attacking the game.

It is amazing how someone can perform that level of haterism.

edit: A quick look on your messages

I'm watching my son play FH3.
    Playing online with 8 of his friends.
    Silky smooth frame rates. No glitches. It's a joy to watch. This is gaming in 2017.
    Catch up.

Me too. Still clinging in there waiting for the game to be fixed.
    It's gone ever so quiet since the buyout deal. Still, gotta keep following those carrots. Hopeful, as always.
    You should try it. Full multiplayer lobbies. Good racing. Nice framerates. Ok, AI isn't great but at least they try to overtake and make errors rather than AC's "faulty Scakextric" AI.

Save your time mate. Even when the AI start they refuse to overtake due to their exquisite upbringing and politeness.

"AC has ONE coder for the whole game"
    That many?

Even a donkey will get bored of following a dangling carrot eventually.

Does this mean on a 4K TV @ 60fps that the races will end even more abruptly?

Look chaps, do yourselves a favour.
    Fire up an Xbox 360 and launch Forza Motorsport 4. It was released in 2011.
    It contains all of the features everyone pines for in AC in 2017.
    It was brilliantly executed, it brought people together from all around the world to race, and it had private lobbies.
    You could sell liveries, setups, cars, and decals.
    It was at least six years ahead of its time judging by this unfinished alpha project were all waiting patiently to be finished when the developers return from Saturn or wherever it is they currently hide with the dlc cash.
    Let go of the bloody dream and start asking some probing questions, like "why is this acceptable?" or "is this really how we envisaged progress in next gen titles?"

Unbelievable. Not a single comment saying something different than ragging about the game. Is not that you are not trying to enjoy it, you are trying to not enjoying it.

Amazing how a human being can have such determination to only hate. Let me tell you one secret: developers are not gonna take serious your comments at all. Why? Because you show a totally bias mind and don't say nothing usefull to them.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    LeDude83, RoccoTTS and @P73 like this.
  17. Yes sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but it is ironically funny.

18. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Because the gaming world needs to wake up to the fact that not all of us are happy to accept the current situation of "release now, possibly fix later". People like you who actively defend this shoddy business practice only serve to strengthen developers beliefs that this is an acceptable business model and that consumers are happy to swallow it.
    Your constant defending of this situation only serves to strengthen that belief.

The gaming community needs to stand up and collectively speak out. It's not right. We are not here to beta test full priced products as part of some kind of open ended rolling development program (which incidentally if you haven't noticed appears to have ceased rolling).

Wake up and smell the coffee Charles. Extract your head from your behind and look at the gaming industry with a wider view. Come back in September after a year from release and tell me how great AC is and how the day one issues have all been fixed and I'll buy you a pint and admit I was wrong. In the meantime I'll live in hope that someone Sees fit to release the great potential this game has, if only someone could be bothered to or allocate enough resource to finish it.

Reinart86, paul_wev, ppbucko and 4 others like this.
  19. @P73

@P73 Simracer

Good point you make here. But let's not forget that the "release now fix later" concept is currently widespread throughout the gaming industry. PCars just gave up squashing all of its still present bugs, for example, whereas AC hasn't still abandoned its endeavors towards this end. There's still a lot to be done, but it's good to know they still haven't thrown in the towel and gone away to pursue a second iteration before even finishing the first. This would be condemnable!

It's interesting to notice that the release now and fix later is also a common practice with giants such Microsoft, which has been trying to fix the still buggy Windows 10, launched in mid 2015.

As you say, this game has problems to be addressed and the developers sure need to be reminded of it. But you need to admit that they have been trying to do what's to be done. They have claimed more than once they've been working on the implementation of missing features and improvements; so what's left for us to do other than wait and see?

If we wait and don't see? So be it, life goes on. In that case, we can just not buy AC 2 when it comes out, as I won't buy PCars 2 for the reason I mentioned above. But in the meantime, I think we should all take it easy and give the development chaps a break, so they can have their time to bring out what's expected. The constant bashing just won't produce any positive effect to speed things up to that end.

paul_wev likes this.