1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Porsche Pack Vol. 3 DLC, Private Lobbies Update and Special Events

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by AC_CM505, Jan 27, 2017.

1. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

On Xbox the setup/tune screen is still not working correctly after 8 months since release.
    This is a fact. So I'm with Plato on this, it's just not good enough. It's ok to have a small team working on a game, but then when you release with day 1 bugs in it, you have got to throw all your resources at it to fix them asap. Not use all your resources to update your pc flagship version which seems to be the case with this game.

Plato99 likes this.
  2. Wonderfull. And then, have you a solution? i mean right now something to fix thoses problems?

3. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Honestly do you really think that this problem should still exist after 8 months. Why should it be me who's comes up with the solution, I'm the customer the product is not working as it should. But if I did have to come up with a solution I'd move more resources from the pc side to the console to fix these problems.

Plato99 likes this.
  4. What resources would you move, exactly?

5. No, i'm not thinking that 8 months are a reasonable time (and maybe more) for fixing thoses "basis issues".

But as i'm saying every single day, repeating the sames issues again and again, is not making things faster, and again it's not constructiv for us.
    We all know thoses issues, we all know that PC version is "way better". Yes we know, but first, you are not married with 505 or kunos, you can go play other game if that one does not suit to you.

Second, it's a ****ing video game, not the investment of your life.

paul_wev likes this.
  6. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Well when I look at the pc side, I see fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed. When I look on console side I see nothing. So pc side must have more resources than console side.

7. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Good points. Albeit with some caviats...
    The kind of bugs found in Windows 10 are minor compared with not being able to play a game properly on default settings on day one of release. Both PCars and AC fell foul of this. If ANYONE had picked up a controller and tried to play AC or Pcars release candidate for that matter, they would have been startled by the problems they would have faced. Which leads to the assumption thay they didnt test it, or they did and ignored it. Both sins are as bad as each other. Pcars went through a monthly patching process, regular as clockwork. Most of the big ones were fixed, the result being that the game got better with every patch and is now a very enjoyable and playable game, IMHO.

ppbucko likes this.
  8. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

Why do you keep going down this route? He's not a programmer, he doesn't work for Kunos, he doesnt have access to the code. Stupid line of questioning.
    If you worked in a car dealership and I brought my brand new faulty car back to you because of a problem, would you ask me if I'd brought my bloody spanners?

9. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

this is what i think as well (bold part). its a matter of manpower. more people taking care of development and bug fixing? more chances to see them sorted (and in less time).
    by the way, why are people even arguing about this ? seriously:
    does assetto have bugs/issues? yes.
    does kunos need to fix them? yes.
    do people have the right to talk about them and to see them fixed? yes, of course. forum should be the #1 place to let devs know about issues (and things are handled this way in the pc sections).

10. I can bring back the question in the other side, why is he reporting probs that we already know existence since 8 month? i mean everybody is aware of that...

I go this route to proove him that we need constructiv things and not same reports, it's boring, annoying and useless.

This is my point and i think since an entire week i'm explaining this point.

11. Perhaps just ignore it, there not rude or insulting like some of the posts in answer that l ignore.

12. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

It would help your cause if your numbers were correct. The game was released in August, which was not 8 months ago.

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

August next patch due April= 8 months lol I did miscount.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I keep bringing it up because it hasn't been fixed. when its fixed I will stop bringing it up.

15. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

......the game gets new players everyday, nothing is old because different people buy the games at different times and someone is allways new reading about this for the first time. You say repeating, but these last couple of pages is the first time I'm reading anyone mentioning these things because I'm new. Just because you have read something before doesn't mean every other player has.

16. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

edit sorry don't know how I managed to double post that

17. So annoying, so useless so idiot...

Here is not after selling service.

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Nice reply to a genuine 7 month bug with game.

Reinart86 likes this.
  19. I stop replying to you, you WANT to be right, but currently we're not saying you are wrong, we're saying you're boring and useless in this point.

Do not reply please.