1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Rather disappointed with latest update release notes

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Chris White, Jan 9, 2017.

1. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

ingrobny likes this.
  2. Snowman38

Snowman38 Hardcore Simmer

It's really not far off from that though. (from my limited experience) It's the menu, and integrating it that would be the most labor intensive aspect.. But even that I cannot see being that difficult to get across.

3. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

i should add, it could be difficult if they "hardcoded" every single button action .. (but again this isnt 1980 development here)

Controller logic would be in a single class, so a menu to allow changes, a catcher to check if button already assigned (and remove it from other assignment) and a way to "store" it so its restored on next load
    Even with the UI/Menu and storage and QA time this is less than a days work .. infact borderline lunch time work for a quality engineer

however, if they did not implement this is a single class and did place "controller" logic throughout the code - then this would be the worst coding since 1980 and would take weeks of dev and testing to unravel

svenvangent and Snowman38 like this.
  4. mtbwa1

mtbwa1 Gamer

I have never done console programming, so my only thought is that maybe SONY and Microsoft have some proprietary APIs for control schemes, so it might be harder to develop for. I have noticed that even in Forza Horizon 3, control options seem pretty limited with a wheel.

Again, it's just a guess, as I don't have experience. Should be pretty easy on the PC, but I wouldn't put it past SONY and Microsoft to do things different on console (look at the fact that PS4 and XBOX One controllers are a different protocol than the PS3/X360).

Horus likes this.
  5. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Well I do know about development and anyone that thinks changing existing code to add new functionality, designing and implementing the UI and testing it is a few hours work is living in cloud cuckoo land.

If it was simple it would have been done.

Guillaume C and Horus like this.
  6. fredzy

fredzy Rookie

PC users have pretty much full freedom to assign whatever wheel buttons and keyboard keys they want to do whatever, right? Since most of the game code is shared between PC and console at this point, I wouldn't expect such a deep-rooted issue to be presenting here. Hopefully it's closer to being as simple to implement as you allege, and the reasoning behind delay is simple resources or something.

For the people crying about all of the folks coming here to partake in request whack-a-mole (fix/add one thing that everyone is crying about and then everyone cries about the next thing,) you should be thankful. I see it as s symptom of the game gaining traction, which you definitely want. It would be worse if nobody cared. On console, anyone who is at all into this game should have a few gripes. A lot still needs to be improved.

HOOK Airs (?) likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

We can bind all buttons except the d-pad.

8. MartyBook

MartyBook Simracer

and persisting those settings
    and designing a suitable ui
    and coding the ui to spec
    and ux code review
    and code review
    and full regression testing across a multi million line code base
    and play testing using every combination of system / controller / wheel / track / car
    and multi merging all changes across all code bases to source control
    and preparing press releases + broadcast across social media channels
    and updating documentation in multiple languages across multiple regions
    and plenty more I've not thought of no doubt

I realise this is pseudo code but, dude, what sort of stuff have you been developing for 30 years? This is kinda insulting honestly

I don't normally rise to this sort of stuff but the title of this post and ^ this sort of stuff really riles me. If you really are a developer, you'll know that horrible kick in the stomach feeling you get when you release some new code to an expectant client for uat and they're not happy with it.

Dookie, LeDude83, Guillaume C and 2 others like this.
  9. Horus

Horus Alien

Simples. :)

10. Snowman38

lol.. here we go again! **** this forum is a bunch of sh!t

RunKillCapture and paul_wev like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

Well stop posting, it will help some. :p

Edit: What was posted by Marty, was exactly what I was typing a few posts back. Creating anything in a game is never easy as it will affect other parts, even those not thought to be linked.

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Was this thread only made for people that want to complain on the devs?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  13. Snowman38

I don't follow

14. roadrunner_gs

roadrunner_gs Rookie

I spot several errors in the pseudocode, but then, that sort of is my job.
    Could change my buttons at will at the PC, am satisfied. :p

Horus likes this.
  15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

You have been saying that you dont know what you talking about but as far as u know its easy to implement. One user comes into the thread and say that its not as easy and suddently the forum is a bunch of ****.

paul_wev and Horus like this.
  16. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Och the elite PC guy's are back in town :rolleyes:

HOOK Airs (?) likes this.
  17. Snowman38

the forum being a bunch of **** was in response to the constant flow of he said/she said. The user saying it's not as easy is just another persons opinion.

I'll withdraw myself from this one though, and allow you all to continue.. :)

18. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I would like to be able to say I'm disappointed but that would mean I expected better. And by now I don't expect much from this mess.

19. Chris White

Chris White Gamer

While i do not disagree on the "needed" processes to get it to market is more than my off the curf pseudo code - whole design/dev/art/qa to master branch for this kinda of system is less than a week (week tops)

as for what have i been coding for the past 30 years , well start at zx80 (zx80, zx81, spectrum, amstrad, gameboy, gamegear, msater system) , 6502 c64 , 68000 amiga, atari-st ,megadrive, 8086 /80x86 pc, then throw in ps1 / n64 / saturn .. left console work at ps2/xbox one ... now have over 25 active mobile apps in stores (your properly playing some of them) .. and now programing walking robotics as a hobby

suffice to say,my example was that a very crude but simple implementation of how to read from "changeable" keys ... they do not pay me infact i am paying them by being an early adopter as i pre ordered and bought season pass on day 1

but this is taking away from my OP - it was simply a statement , i would have liked to see progress to resolving requests as well as DLC releases ... just doing DLC and not even fixing two of the major requests (yes i know private lobbies are the no1 and that is a rather large to xl size task), picking of some of the low hanging fruit would certainly help customers like myself free more happy to put hand in pocket

20. ingrobny

ingrobny Gamer

I know the frustration, i have deleted and installed AC 3 times on PS4, first time the game was too difficult for me and i gave up, installed it again when the new difficult settings was included, deleted it again when i found out that i couldn't get medal on I2 Monza and Imola on very easy, installed it after a month or so because i like the physics, engine sound, and the cars and AC have Nissan GT-R GT3 which Project Cars don't have and in the end i won on Imola but i cheated on Monza, but after I2 i can now achieve medals on every race on easy, i think the game is safe from been deleted now, but it has been a roller coaster ride :).