1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Road noise from Tyres needed!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AlfaGunner, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

I done it. Nice feature, add some immersion, more inside of the car :D. But it have some drawbacks - surfaces ini needs to be tweaked, so no online with this. Also in many tracks there are no actual tarmac surface part in surfaces.ini. It can be passed but I dont know is it worth... Also tyre_rolling.wav is mono sample. I dont know is it will be better with stereo. Will add video tomorrow.

AlfaGunner likes this.
  2. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

how are you doing this, modding an ini?

3. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Not only. I downloaded FMOD, redone common.bank (there is ready project in sdk, you need tweak a little), changed some GUIDs, and, finaly, yes tweaked an ini.
    Also i figured out that tyre noise is present in kunos bank. It has very low volume comparing to tire skid noise. You can test this by setting engine, wind and surface volume to zero and cranking tyre volume on max ingame.

AlfaGunner likes this.
  4. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

If you could make it work from within ac that would be really good, then all cars could have a tyre noise effect? )

5. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

I have made some experiments and it works more or less.
    The wind noise event in each car´s bank can be used for this sound. But it is very difficult to find a good recording for a nice sample and it is more difficult to find the right settings for distance and volume to sound good.

Perhaps i have some time in the next weeks to go deeper into this topic and make some previews how it could sound...

jc1993 and liakjim like this.
  6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

What's the [TYRE_ROLLING] section in the sounds.ini of cars for then?

7. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

8. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

Thats an event for internal sounds only located in the tire event section of the car´s bank in FMOD. It´s not usable external because the distance value is limited for internal use only.

9. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Hey that sounds really really good, a brilliant start for sure. I like @ 3:15 as it goes by a nice tyre sound ) but could be louder

Inside of the car sounds good, but tyre noise inside the car should be more of a low end rumble bass and not too much treble at all, outside view and other cars going by should have a high treble slashing noise without any bass at all, just like a white noise at high a low volume.

Anyways you guys have taken up the baton of what I noticed was missing and you are exceeding my knowledge of how to actually do it )

Really look forward to seeing more of this ) I think its excellent

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
  10. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well it's not even audible in the cockpit view.

11. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

when you rolling without any revving i hear it ?

12. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

I just used Kunos sample. Im not a sound modder. If you provide me with good sample or video with good sample Im add it.

]You can try it. Just drop JSGME and MODS into main Assetto folder. Run JSGME and apply the mod. You easy can remove mod without copy/paste things.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwksxWIOmo7yZGRTRVZQM1VVdjQ

liakjim likes this.
  13. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

What do you need, a sound clip of an external sound and an internal sound that you can loop, then I suppose you can control the volume in AC?

14. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Go to the Assetto Corsa folser /sdk/audio/ac_fmod_sdk_1_9/Assets/common/tyre_rolling.wav - listen and you will know what I need.