1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Sim Racing System

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lino Carreira, May 1, 2016.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I didn't bring up individual incidents to put the blame on anyone but now I kind of have to leave this here to show I'm not really being unreasonable.

Nice gap to the curb, nice car angle. Where is he going exactly? He's actually hugging the curb few cars lengths before. Now you can almost fit another car on his inside. These are not GT3s, we can almost take this corner 3 wide flatout without issues. I get in the corner 50cm away from having fully cleared him and then maybe I should leave him 2.5 cars width instead of 1.5? It's almost actually funny because if he backs off he probably gets me on the draft up to Les Combes. You know what ? Same situation against a good driver, I don't even leave any room, it's my corner and he knows it, I have full trust he backs off because it's just what has to be done there.
    [​IMG]

The cars are probably the most easily raceable things there is in AC and the field can't get to eau rouge without a 1998 F1 style pile up. SRS overall is working great and I do hope it keeps growing and eventually can afford to filter out people who can't race in the more serious championships.

TDS and Quffy like this.
  2. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Did some testing: I will definately drive a lot better and quicker as in the first event. That 'trick' with the right front wheel's lower camber in Phil's setup mainly does the -a stabilising- job.
    Spa is finally a track to be able to finetune everything a lot better / easier, I wanted to say in first instance. But Jaap, and also Fluvio, etc. is out of reach ;).

3. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

That setup was special case for Donington national layout because only last bend was non-flatout left-hander. I wouldn't use such camber at Spa, makes you lose a lot of time around Pouhon..

jamiebeech likes this.
  4. JaapWgt

JaapWgt Rookie

Just a quick heads-up.

Last night at Spa I was put in the first pitbox slot. As soon as qualifying started I headed out and did a fast outlap. It recorded a 2m14s4, but this was straight from the pitlane and should therefore not count for Q.

Looks like a bug in AC, which is made possible due to the short pitlane & tight La Source corner.

So, if you're near the front of the pitlane, make sure to wait a little when qualifying starts or slow a little bit in your outlap.

PS: I recorded a 2m14s5 in the final lap of Q, which would've secured pole anyway, but I thought I'd still report it here.

5. jamiebeech

jamiebeech Rookie

Hmm that is a funny one! Great time though with the .5 :)

I managed a .6 earlier but comparing our splits I see you are running 6 tenths faster in sector 2 haha -

Jaap and my splits.png

Let me know if you want to swap set's :D

colombianomd likes this.
  6. St3fan

St3fan Alien

It seems that the results of the Porsche cup race yesterday at 14:00 GMT are missing. Was hoping to get points for that round :(

7. e.i.weijers

e.i.weijers Rookie

Love the league so far.
    Had some good battles and worn tyres
    And things only can get better, just keep focusing on fair racing and open conversation, we all make mistakes.
    Hope to find a good setup for Spa.

8. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Other than that more positive front right camber it differs anyway. When I put it around the same level as the left front, I would lose the car in quick right handers like Eau Rouge (because the left side of the car 'overtakes' -more grip- the right side of the car then) at a high FW around 30+. That's the only reason I still use that front right camber ;).

9. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Ferito l.c. tracker still works btw., worked at Spa. It was just that on the community track Donington it was not working correctly.

10. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Ok -you're right, also at this car-, I tried again with adding some negative camber. Lowered the rear 10mm, put less FW. Now it works. Not losing the car's rear (anymore with now ~normal camber values) and still quick (and almost quicker throughout the track, and through Pouhon), despite less FW. PB high 1:16 Min. atm., but that would be difficult to repeat in a server session with many cars, which PC performance wise always takes away some of the flowability that is needed to get the best out of it. (I'm kinda storytelling chatting too much here. ;) )

11. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Spa low downforce base setup to maybe help bunch up the field. The setup does low 2.15s @ 26°C and high 2.14s @ 21°C. Imo, you shouldn't really be touching it until you are doing mid 2.15s. When you do get there, increase front wing one click at a time and see if you can still keep it on track, each click should be 1-2 tenths faster.

The pros can straight away go to 29 front wing and aim for mid 2.14s @ 26°C and low 2.14s @ 21°C

Attached Files:

jamiebeech, mvtl and Andrea Lojelo like this.
  12. mvtl

mvtl Rookie

Thanks for sharing Phillipe. Will definately give it a go.

Something else i want to mention that i noticed in yesterday's race. I got hit by a car on lap 1 at Les Combes and went hard right into the wall (can happen, no hard feelings) but the car in question finished the race with 0 incidents?! Don't know if it's something in AC or in the F3 mod, but seems strange.

Sorry to the guys ( i believe Eero and Thomasz) i hit on Kemmelstraight afterwards. My over enthousiastic mistake to recover.....

13. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

You can go for higher tire pressures than 24 psi (heated up) here, to gain some km/h topspeed. They just do still have to get up to temp around 70°C-80°C, so too high pressures will not work, but a little plus of it will still work.
    Just noticed one or two drivers in the race with a higher topspeed than 234km/h on first straight, must've been their tire pressure ;) and slipstream of course.

14. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

Sry, for contact (with Dan) in lap1 after the first straight. Thought I 'own' the corner because of coming from outside into it, but ' were still side by side so I decided to left it out for safety reasons and came back a little too quick or sharp/soon getting in your racing line and we touched + a spin. Will be more patient also next time. But that was nothing comp. to some other pileups -watching the stream- further back, it seems ;).

15. jamiebeech

jamiebeech Rookie

Was a good race! I managed to get away with a good start and turn 1, Fulvio kept the pressure on until lap 5/6 but made a little mistake at curve Paul.

I'll share the setup when I get back to pc, the original was Phil's but I've changed it up a bit. Ran a 14.4 offline today with it

Andrea Lojelo likes this.
  16. jamiebeech

jamiebeech Rookie

Setup

Attached Files:

Andrea Lojelo likes this.
  17. jamiebeech

jamiebeech Rookie

The only problem I've seen so far apart from bad drivers is the camera on live stream.

It switches at some terrible moments eg- when an overtake is about to happen or some tight racing is happening! Is it auto by any chance?

18. M Waechter

M Waechter Racer

That was my first impression too, but in almost every overtaking situation it keeps on focussing on the current battle. Just another camera then.
    It barely misses out any overtaking attempt, that's a huge plus for the person(s) who are live streaming all this in a live environment. Even better than on RD in that regards ;).

On RD there were races or situations, where they kept this boring zoomed-in TV camera on each car. That was "stupid", because noone wants too see the car in the full picture all the time and getting nothing recognized from the actual track around and sense of speed. At least not me.
    That's a lot bettter in SRS live streams, since they are using the farer away cameras (which are catching more cars at once in one picture, also) and not the -for live streaming a race- usless ones.
    But they did a great job also for sure in their special/other areas on RD as well, no question.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2017
    jamiebeech likes this.
  19. PandaRed

PandaRed Rookie

By the way, sorry Marco for the touch at la Source at lap 2 yesterday. I really misjudged reacceleration (I was overly confident, as first lap was much cleaner that previous days :) ).

20. Andrea Lojelo

Andrea Lojelo Radiator Springs Racing Team

As far as I know, BCast app is used. It's automatically switching cameras to focus on duels. I agree with you, it's switching away from the action a bit too early. On the plus side, is always focusing on something nice to look at, making at least the broadcast interesting to look at. Maybe not always the most relevant battles, but still, it's not bad at all for something automatic.

I really enjoyed my race yesterday. Great battles on track, with drivers giving just enough space. Well done guys. Nice to race like this!

jamiebeech likes this.