1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by grat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. I am absolutely loving the gyro, stand still, and low speed correction that he is discribing in the stream. Another thing that was nagging at me, and just like Stefano I was thinking that it is just the way the physics engine handles these situations. It is nice to be wrong. Yet another thing that makes Assetto Corsa creep closer to reality.

Edit: Also those fore mentioned is planned for 1.2.
    Another thing is the stall feature that would be coming to 1.3, which is again Awesooome!

Edit2: "...so that's the perfect racing game, where you start and your car doesn't move, and then you exit... and go to steam and ask for a refund, so that's perfect!" Hahahahahaha!!! Cracked me up! :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

- finding a but is related to a diagnosis by Dr. House - lol
    - "this kind of bug isn't able to break anything else" - *lol*
    - He's heavily bomb-diving his AI. "play with the game, not against it" he said. "treat them respecfully as persons, not AIs and you'll do much better" he said.

:D

3. nonnex

nonnex Alien

@Minolin: "its Lupus" ;)

I love that he has decided to give engine stall a chance. wheehoo

Just a small thought I had recently about this topic: Maybe for the console version the engine restart procedure could be initiated automatically afer a small delay to simulate a manual start, because of a possible lack of buttons left on console, maybe if happen at all,... how ever.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    Minolin likes this.
  4. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Stefano said and stressed that is issue was not related to FF, but it came out from physics at low speeds.
    Then I presume that in 1.2 we'll have a FF that receive a polished input from physics.

PuffTheMagicBelgian and CKraegel like this.
  5. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Has anyone figured out (still haven't got to the end of the stream), if this bug that was causing the oscilation and vibration, does it mean it won't shake like crazy now when i'm standing still in the pits? That is driving me crazy

6. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I assume it means we'll be able to set heavier FFB without shaking.

Personally I'm not a fan of sharp jerking FFB I prefer smooth strong more realistic forces. Many seem to associate the jerking with somehow feeling the road and seem to prefer more lively FFB. Stefano saying it felt like his G27's FFB was turned off also has me slightly concerned, my only concern with AC's FFB is still the lack of pull to centre feel when running straight..

7. It makes me happy to see that Stefano realizes that the AI go into stupid mode when they are stuck on the outside while getting passed.

Quffy likes this.
  8. Did I understand correctly that a server admin can add ballast to individual users on the fly? Pretty cool if correct.

9. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

It sounded like Stefano said that.

10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Did he say 1.2 would be released before his next stream (or was it before next Sunday)? And his next stream would be Wednesday?

Michele Papis likes this.
  11. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

No he didn't say 1.2 would be out before the next stream; which is Wednesday I believe.
    He hopes it will be out before the end of July as that was the month they were aiming for

12. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

He said it is probably last weekend session before release and without some bad bug, release should be this week.

Bye, Franc

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We will need that added to the admin app and I should be able to win every race from that point on. :)

May need to have a way to limit which admins have access to this otherwise I can imagine if a few are in we will all end up with rather heavy cars.

14. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I think this was mentioned before? I'm not sure though.

EDIT: I think it's in the changlog "Add FF low speed reduction factor..." line.

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I hope not or at least not in the form that came to my mind after reading "on the fly" in your post. It might get out of control if it will be as easy as 'click to add --kg to guy X' during the race. This would be ridiculous IMO.
    :D

Alberto Llinares, Jekay, eXo and 2 others like this.
  16. 1.2 will be epic. As simple as that. :)

17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

I'm most excited about the FFB changes tbh. I really wonder how it'll feel now.

Niki Đaković and yusupov like this.
  18. neddyie116

neddyie116 Racer

Can't wait to drive that Nissan GTR Nismo:D

19. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Also in the end I think Stefano misunderstood a question about his vision about AC 2.0. I think people are asking about future updates while Stefano was talking about a sequel.

He said there was no vision atm for AC2. I don't know if this is good news or bad news though :p

Roberto Ferreira likes this.
  20. It means that he and the team are planning to spend the next year or two supporting and updating AC 1.x before even starting to think about beginning work on AC 2.x IMO

Roberto Ferreira and Phil64 like this.