1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Stefano casillo streaming ep. 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by grat, Jul 26, 2015.

1. The simulation of gyroscopic forces will be really nice to feel! Might be a big factor to more real-like FFB.

Anyhow, these FFB updates will make every wheel owner from entry level to high end very happy. :)

sherpa25, yusupov and Psit like this.
  2. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Haha, I'm actually wondering what Empty Box will think of it now :D

mangal and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  3. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

With all due respect to the guy, I really couldn't care less of what he thinks about Sim X, Y, Z. I can form my opinion ;)

Having said that, I still enjoy his videos as they are a lot of fun...just don't take him as an expert in any shape or form...an entertainer is more like it :D

4. I personally don't give a sh*t what he thinks about it. His opinions have just as much weight as we all have.. :)

Edit: Ninja'd by @SimDrive

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    snyperal, etukeno, Psit and 4 others like this.
  5. Stereo

Stereo Alien

A server where the winner is whoever leads the race for longest (rather than who crosses the line first), but the leader's car gains 1kg every second, would be an interesting experiment.

Or do like Top Gear and pump a ton of water into all the cars at the start.

6. Min. 57.00 to 58.00, AI attacks outside the corner when Steffano defends the interior, that´s a great new.

7. Jebus

Jebus Alien

Is he using wheel for driving in these sessions? If so it would be interesting to see his "cockpit". I mean how he has setup his wheel, mouse and keyboard. It could be a killer for his body not to have those equipment placed ergonomically.

Being a back patient myself these things interests me.

8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I'm guessing he's using a fanatec clubsport as you see him reach for a rim and clip it onto the wheelbase, so my guess is CSW with BMW rim.

9. He constantly takes his wheel on and off of his desk; I think he uses a G27, would be a good question for somebody to ask in the next stream.

Jebus likes this.
  10. He said it on some stream. It was G25 or G27.

yusupov and Jebus like this.
  11. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

really?
    it looked like just a rim he was lifting up not a whole G25/G27

edit: just watched it again and paid proper attention, yeah it looks more like a logitech... my bad

12. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Can someone explain this "gyroscope" thing a bit further?

Jos_theboss likes this.
    bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  14. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

I'm struggling to figure out what does that have to do with cars..

15. Who doesn't? And also I'm confident he would like the new AI

Sent using Tapatalk

16. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Cars have wheels that spin. As he explained, because there is a huge difference in mass between the wheels and the rest of the car, the effects are minimal compared to motorcycles. But the effects are still there.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Boris Lozac and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  17. I hope it does the same, kind of dampening effect I can feel through my real cars steering wheel. As a non-native English speaker I propably can't explain it more accurately. :)

Boris Lozac likes this.
  18. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

each of the 4 wheels will have gyroscopic tendancies, the rear wheels arent as significant, but the front wheels while spinning will resist steering input because of the phenomenon know as:
    1. Gyroscopic precession is a phenomenon occurring in rotating bodies in which an applied force is manifested 90 degrees later in the direction of rotation from where the force was applied.
    You never did this in Physics at school?

What he doesnt tell you is that while its spinning as he tried to tilt the spinning wheel is resists is efforts to tilt it.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
    snyperal and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

theres probably a basic vision in the back of his head. but theyre such a small team each can only really focus on the task at hand with an idea of what can be done in the near future.

20. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

ninja'd as i was too busy reminiscing about physics at school