1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yep, that's exactly it.

Also gets worse, because if you don't drive these cars for a while you will start at a low level again and have to regain your pace again.
    That's also why I struggled much more in the Yellowbird yesterday than I used to do, because I didn't drive it in like 2-3 months.
    CB gets better when it's up for like 2 weeks. It's not a combo like WW that you can just drop in for a day or two and have great racing without much practice.

However, when you get it right, it is soooooooo rewarding and fun. :)
    Regarding the tyres: I thought about allowing ST tyres for the Yellowbird, but so far it collided with the fixed setup problems. Now that those are gone, we might try it.
    However, imo the biggest issue with the Yellowbird aren't the tyres. Even the SV are fine.
    The main problem is that it has the crappiest chassis of any Porsche(-like) car ever. If we could at least adjust the ARB, suspension and dampers, then it might be possible to fix it.
    ST or SM tyres aren't a fix they are merely a cushion to hide the real facts, but they don't fix it.
    It's a bit like some of those horrible tuning cars where they worked on 1-2 aspects and neglected everything else.

Edit: don't get me wrong, it's still fun to drive the Yellowbird. ;)

Schnipp likes this.
  2. pavano

pavano Simracer

are you referring to any specifics?

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'll have a look at allowing ST tyres on the RUF.

Yes, Barcelona specific change that was always a big complaint while we used it in the past.

4. Slowdown penalties disabled? Improved cut detection?

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

Since T2 is the only turn you can gain time but there are plenty other turns we're you get those penalties while also losing time I've disable them for Barcelona.
    Afaik T2 is covered by the MR cut detection.

Anyway, the RUF can be driven on ST and SV tyres now, so if you load old setups be sure to select ST tyres.

@Berniyh:
    Just FYI, using a fixed setup for ST tyres on the RUF doesn't work if the allowed tyres in the server_cfg.ini don't allow ST tyres, so I've added the ST tyres and limited the F40 to SV's.

Gunja likes this.
  6. So, slowdown penalties were disabled, and the world did not end. Maybe we should try this out at every track on all Streetfight servers?

Ricky Reject likes this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Maybe not all, but those where it harms more than it actually does work.

Nürburgring has a nasty one, so I'd say off.

Brands I'm a bit mixed. You get them at places you can actually cut but also on places where it rather harms. Not sure how MR cuts are working here.

Spa I'd say keep them.
    Exit of Eau Rouge / Raidillon doesn't have a MR detection afaik and allowing to cut there doesn't work.
    Only the one at Les Combes is a bit bad, even if you slow down after running wide you get that slowdown.

Imola also mixed, I'd say off only if Variante Alta grants you some big MR CP's if you cut that one.
    Though having it off would be good on exit of Acque Minerali if you run wide.

Mugello for me it should be on, I think it's only the last chicane and IMO if you cut there you should get a penalty. (again, also a bit depending on MR cuts)

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

:confused:

9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

?

On exit of T5, if you run wide there you lose time and get served with a slowdown penalty.
    Therefore I'd turn it off.
    Speaking of the GP layout here.

10. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

I think I got more clear laps in at Brands! Lots of 'dodge'em today, which really made the CB cars a handful. Even so, it's all good practice and experience.
    Very true. I have been working on all 4 of these CB cars and will only drive the RSR in races as it is the only one I can confidently control in the kind of races we had yesterday. In two races, I got 1 clean lap...all others I had to swerve and brake and do my best to avoid the lap by lap carnage from all the offs. However, as you said, this is good practice, nonetheless. I find the F40 next easiest to control, then the Cobra (floaty, bouncy and can burn the rear tires off with all that HP) and then the Ruf (super challenging to master....except for the 2%! :D). I look forward to giving it another go today.

11. fabT

fabT Alien

As long as coped with MR A restriction, imho. ;)
    Or pirates will cut all the way.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, don't do that then. It's not even close to the ideal racing line.

I've driven many many laps around the Nürburgring and I never noticed a "nasty penalty".

On Barcelona it's different because there you can get a penalty by just moving slightly off the racing line.

13. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Easier said than done, especially if you have a car pushing you wide, either by simply racing and the other one doesn't care or pushes wide too, or even more if somebody divebombs.
    And yes, I'm pissed to get a penalty if it wasn't even my fault.

Ricky Reject likes this.
  14. I still think that we could disable them completely on Streetfight servers. There are enough admins around to warn people for blatant cheating. If they persist, they get banned. Simple.

15. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I hope I can join soon! I have the air conditioner on full blast as we speak! Hot and humid here today, just what the CPU likes. Not...

16. pavano

pavano Simracer

Re cuts: it always annoys me when people go wide on aqua minerale at Imola.
    Maybe the penalty is too harsh, but going wide there always is an advantage.

17. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The penalty though is set there in a way that going wide with the advantage doesn't trigger it and going really wide while losing time does give you the penalty.

18. pavano

pavano Simracer

ok, then this penalty doesn't make sense
    and me not knowing shows I don't go wide there :D
    :p

Schnipp likes this.
  19. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Yeah that one is retarded, and is surprisingly easy to get if you're side by side with another car. I hate all these penalties to be honest, I have no problem whatsoever in disabling them. Laptimes will still be invalidated with penalties off right? With good moderated servers like this they dont make much sense to me.

Schnipp likes this.
  20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, it might not have been obvious, I'm not against it at all, but as with all other stuff we should get some thoughts about it and then see how it works in races. :)

Gunja likes this.