1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Seems you didn't have the best of days. :(

@ all: wishes for tomorrows track?

liakjim likes this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Monza 66 without banking?

3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

That's true. Actually not really i was ridiculously slow but also took 2 CP and hit a guy ( i think pandora3003). Still A rating.
    This is the 1st time i drive this car and i just couldn't drive this thing.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I chose the one with banking because I like it. I know it sucks because of the long outlap, but driving it is pretty cool.
    Don't worry, it took me about a day to really get used to the thing, it is quite unique.
    Maybe try the 12C, the rear is a bit easier to control on that one.

But to drive it fast through corners, you have to drift it at the right angle (around 30° I'd say).

liakjim likes this.
  5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

That one is fine too berniyh.

I haven't driven the full course in the 250F, the bumps on exit sometimes throw cars into the rails. Don't know if it's an issue with these cars and didn't want to gamble.

6. OMG, I have just encountered the most ridiculous slowdown penalty in the history of the Universe. I overshot the braking point for the second chicane at Monza, and when I returned to the track (having already been passed by several cars), I was treated to a lovely 20 second slowdown penalty. Not the kind that allows you to recover if your speed drops below 35kph. I mean the most joyful kind, whereby even a slight touch of the throttle resets the penalty to 20 seconds. Seriously?? The rest of the field had finished the race, returned to their hotels, had a shower, and were dressed and ready for evening meal by the time I was allowed to accelerate again.

Absolutely insane.

Schnipp likes this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Yes, that one sucks.
    Slow down to 35kph off the track, then it's gone too. ;)

8. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I really wish there was a better algoritm behind these penalties. I understand it's not that easy to code every possible variable(s), but as they are now they're sometimes utter ridiculous and just outright infuriating.

By the time you've done your penalty, you're race is basically over unless you happen to be in the top lead, leading by a healthy margin over the pack. I'm quite convinced this is a contributing factor why, in most public races, we see so few finishers outside the top 5...

Then again, Im not offering any alternative solution here, so I guess I'm just venting...:) Oh, and agreeing with Mr Low...:)

Christopher Low and Schnipp like this.
  9. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

You don't need to, those are disabled on WW and CB, so far I don't see a reason to turn them back on again. Maybe just on Spa only if we run that again and see too much cutting on exit of Raidillon.

Christopher Low and Ricky Reject like this.
  10. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Agreed, there is no need to have penalties on at all on well moderated servers.

11. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Last night after CB I tested another server (Redbull full Audi VLN) . All drivers where strangers. What a pleasant surprise. God and respectfull drivers with proper racing conduct.

Schnipp likes this.
  12. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Hello guys :)

If you're going to raise up a classic cars server, I will be fully enthusiast for it ! Mixed cars or single car events, I'm all for as soon as she has a H shifter, a chassis temperament, classical music and a lovely shape...

Pretend racer, Gunja and Ricky Reject like this.
  13. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Lobby search for sf.net will list all our servers.
    Classic Blend is up with FERRARI F40, PORSCHE 911 CARRERA RSR, RUF YELLOWBIRD and SHELBY COBRA 427SC.
    Also Racing Legends with MASERATI 250F 6CYL & 12CYL
    Enjoy :)

Solmyr, Pretend racer and Schnipp like this.
  14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Some world class racers we all are...

:rolleyes:

15. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Lol, looks like something from an old Ninendo arcade game!

Schnipp likes this.
  16. Gunja

Gunja Alien

Hahah!

Schnipp likes this.
  17. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Lol! Pro simracing right there :)

Schnipp likes this.
  18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

OK, had a good fight a bit later against berniyh (red 250F) though after I understeered it the gravel (again).

SMOKING__MONKEY3 likes this.
  19. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

:)

Actually my battle against Leif earlier in that race was even more epic. That was real wheel-to-wheel fighting in two cars that you really don't want to fight wheel-to-wheel in. :D

Schnipp likes this.
  20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Ricky Reject and Gunja like this.