1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Streetfight [MR] servers

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Oct 23, 2016.

1. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

I've been on the streefight servers from time and it was fun mott, but nowadays evertime I look for it noones on :(
    Come on guys ^^

Ricky Reject likes this.
  2. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I've tried populating like 2-3 hours ago for 30-40 min., but left after 30-40min. since nobody joined. :(

3. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Me, Leif and Proody did a few races...I will join a server now; join if you see me :)

4. I don't have the enthusiasm for it at the moment. I wish we could get back to the good old days when it was just a couple of standard road car servers...

5. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I know what you mean, but it's really hard to get those populated.
    LW was decent though only a few days since it's up.

But I have the overall feeling that the appeal of SF is gone for many and even I have to agree, I've driven most cars and tracks so often by now that it just feels 'old' and almost a bit boring to me.

6. If that is the case, then online racing is effectively dead to me. I used to enjoy driving GT Legends TC65 cars in short races at the official tracks......over and over and over again. It never became boring when there were full grids. I could quite happily do the same in the Streetfight HW/SMW/MW servers. The ironic part is that I can live with a few (let's say "less observant") drivers in the mix if server traffic is consistently high, and I have a nice selection of interesting road cars to drive. It's why I started the thread in the first place.

7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

If there is good racing going on I still enjoy it, regardless of the grid. Some are a bit more fun than others, but I enjoy each one.

Sadly, sitting on a regular server for 30-60 min. (or more even) and not even one other guy is joining it has gotten very demotivating lately, so much to the point that I basicly don't want to race after let's say something like 45-60 min. waiting.

It's fine every once in a while or if I try too early, but it's happened far too often the last couple of weeks and it's not because I try at times that are bad, I didn't try before 18:00 (17:00 UK) on Mon. to Fri. and then during afternoons on weekends.
    I mean, I had that happen 2-3 days successively with different tracks and grids.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't want to blame or guilt trip anybody here, just sharing my latest thoughts.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Christopher Low likes this.
  8. Proody

Proody Racer

For example, server 2 has a good selection of vehicles.
    It would be interesting if you can not choose the vehicle,
    but randomly assigned.

"Zum Beispiel Server 2 hat eine gute Auswahl von Fahrzeugen.
    Interessant wäre wenn man das Fahrzeug nicht aussuchen kann, sondern zufällig zugeteilt bekommt."

9. falkeGT

falkeGT Gamer

I've seen there are a couple of new road cars in the upcoming dlc ... ;-)

10. To be honest, I was rather hoping that the Ferrari 288 GTO could have been added to one of the existing groups. I know that Schnipp ran some tests with mixed results, but SF server races aren't just about winning. Driving a slightly less competitive car can be a nice challenge, and enjoyable at the same time. As for the LS Bonus Pack, the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Maserati Alfieri are of special interest in this department ;)

11. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

About the 288 GTO.

It sits exactly between the grids, sadly.
    A fast driver on a clean lap might just be able to keep up on SMW, but it's a tricky car, so you can easily lose time. At most a challenge for the aliens IMO.

For CB also too slow.

For MW: a) it already has 12 different cars and b) is on the OP side of the grid.

12. fabT

fabT Alien

Silverstone Intl. , times from RSR ( take with grain of salt ).
    Car roster:
    • Ferrari F40 (SM) - 1:12.4
    • Ferrari 288 GTO (SM) - 1.13.5
    • Porsche 911 Carrera RSR (V70) - 1.13.5
    • Shelby Cobra (V) - 1.13.8
    • RUF CTR Yellowbird (SM) - 1.13.7
    Little restrictor on F40 may do the trick ?

As usual, that's just an idea.

EDIT:
    i picked Silverstone Intl. because it's wide enough to reduce risks and basically much forgiving.
    These are brutal cars, you know ;)

EDIT2:
    added / fixed tyres

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Biner likes this.
  13. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

Just out of interest, how much of a difference between cars would you say is still acceptable? My theory is that the difference between cars can be similar to the difference between drivers in an equal car. I've never run a server so I could be trying to shape reality to my expectations again :)

I've been away from AC for a while and am glad to see a lightweight server running Vallelunga again tonight. This was my first experience with the streetfight servers, good memories, I'll hop in later tonight.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think on a 2 min. per lap track the difference should be within 2-2.5s (maybe 3s).

Sorry to disappoint you Marc, but I've switched the server to HW at Barca Moto MR AB.

@fabT
    Maybe it could fit CB.

fabT likes this.
  15. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

Argh, no problem Schnipp, and thanks for the insight regarding the gaps between cars.

16. fabT

fabT Alien

Agree. Maybe worth trying next time.

LeiF and Schnipp like this.
  17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

18. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Your attempt was a bit early, I might try in 30-45 min. again.

19. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Somewhere around now would be a good time...

20. fabT

fabT Alien

Any "events" in sight ?

Carrera 3.0 and 330 P4 collecting dust ;)