1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Talk about that AI

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by piano.player, Jan 23, 2017.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i back Stefano mentioning it..

2. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

something about this changed in the last patch. Before the AI would always blast the KRB turbo to 100% in a race, now they keep it at stock value

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I hope these kinds of situations with the AI are getting looked at by Kunos too. Makes no sense to me that cars that have nothing to do with a crash and simply slowed down have some very short time-out for retiring and retire even if crashed cars are gone. With the improved AI there's potentially more crashes, more so on certain tracks or in certain turns, so it kind of ruins races more often when AI just retires like this. There has to be ways to get AI properly find their way around obstacles by reversing (AI rather retire and disappear than reverse from a barrier) and driving on grass if need be and there is space (or just simply get off the AI line) and also to limp back to the pits instead of disappearing and fully retiring. It's also not consistent, sometimes AI just stays in the same place and never retires. On a positive note AI that run too wide/spin and are off the track typically drive back and wait for a free track to rejoin instead of stopping and retiring or just crashing back into the field. And AI is overall very good at racing now. Just needs some more improvements in some areas.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    MsportDAN and Stepy like this.
  4. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

I believe they get through those situations faster with higher aggression levels, as the AI is keener to overtake.
    But when the AI is indeed racing I even let me to believe that I'm in multiplayer. :D

Edit: But I also have seen AI cars so damaged that should retire or get back to pits for repairs but keep racing, although very slowly due to the damage they have.

5. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Can somebody here be so kind and give a short summary about working with ai_hints and how to use them? @LilSki @Lord Kunos
    I think I understand most of them except the danger hint. What does the left and right value mean?

6. LilSki

LilSki Alien

Haven't messed with much myself but essentially it moves the road edge inward for the distance defined between start and end like all the other variables. I don't know if you can use negative numbers or not to move the edge outward. It does not show with the AI app in game so it is very much trial and error.

fbiehne likes this.
  7. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

I use DANGER_ on Nordschleife to get rid of some stupid mistakes that AI does on road cars. It narrows AI lets say "pass tunnel" so if
    [DANGER_9]
    START=0.520
    END=0.550
    LEFT=0.3
    RIGHT=0.3
    AI will not pass opponent if distance from him to track limits is less than 0.3 of a normal distance. It dont slow down an AI if it race alone.

fbiehne likes this.
  8. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

noticed the AI are a little funky (open wheelers!) even on lower Aggresion settings :( 85%

Attached Files:

9. 85% isn't a 'lower' aggression setting.

Cote Dazur and chksix like this.
  10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yeah they're a bit better in the 60% or even 40s. but i still get the in tight corner pile ups more with the open wheelers. (much more so than tintops)

11. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

have you tried realistic value like ...10%? Imo 80 till 100% should be reserved for full contact stuff like the 90s DTM cars or the Abarth 500s, even leaving it at 0% results surprisingly risky driving on some tracks

Cote Dazur and sissydriver like this.
  12. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

hows 10% realistic lol

So overly aggressive driver are more realistic than non aggressive drivers ha

yes i did try 0 % too they’re better obviously but still get held up on slower tighter corners like some of those at red bull ring like in the screenshot above.

13. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

That's why Content Manager is quite nice... I just set aggressiveness value from 0-100 or a similarly wide range (variation) with a full field of AI. Some AI will still be aggressive but the whole field is less likely to act the same. With the official launcher that aggressiveness setting is far more limited.

Fat-Alfie, Cote Dazur and MsportDAN like this.
  14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

theres a lot of settings that i wish kunos would take from CM, random bloody weather would be one of them!!!!lol but 1000% agreed!

15. Hotdog

Hotdog Simracer

wrong post

Attached Files:

16. Davemester

Davemester Racer

although I wish CM would implemet random wind in turn :)

17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

CM does have random settings for wind. Right click on it.

Assetto Corsa doesn't support (as far as I know) changing wind within a session though.

Davemester likes this.
  18. Kris.May

Kris.May Gamer

Is it me or the AI is like a tank? I mean one touch from them you will surely spin. I tried some maneouver to try to spin the AI, no luck. They will just drive straight like nothing happened and i obviously spin.

19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Not really. With the recent AI changes the AI can spin from contact easier than before.

20. I really wonder if we are all playing the same game sometimes. I PIT maneuver the AI just for laughs sometimes.