1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The inconsistency in FFB levels really lets AC down

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by SeeNoWeevil, Feb 27, 2016.

1. It took me less than half an hour to dial in my new wheel, and only takes a few seconds to adjust per car when using the FFB app. How in the world are some of you making it out to be something difficult?

2. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Well this thread has now come full circle, we have people complaining that the FFB is too similar in every car and that it's too different in every car. It's almost like you need a per-car adjustment to please everyone.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  4. So... differences you can see/feel in real cars as well?
    ^ This...
    ...and ^This
    Make a good use of https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/force-feedback-anti-clipping-tool-v3-4.14165/ ,learn what your wheel can do, and it's: +, +, +, -, and you're done in few seconds.

5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Isn't the generated signal and therefore clipping is the same regardless of the wheel used, or AC have different gain for different wheels, which I haven't experienced in practice as moving from one wheel to another did not affect my custom FFB gain settings.
    So I guess question "why it's clipping/super weak out of the box" is perfectly valid.

6. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

I'm convinced making the per-car adjustment value more visible in the game would cut down the number of support questions, complaints, etc exponentially. Seems like more than half of it.

7. No if your wheel starts internally clipping after it has put out 1 N m or torque, instead of 4. It's going to be "super weak" no matter what, and the detail is the first thing to go when you push the wheel beyond that point.

8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Let's forget about hardware clipping at the moment as this is not topic of this discussion. The clipping value displayed in the game is signal, i.e. software level clipping, correct?

9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

So when the software ffb is clipping, all the forces signal isn't useful any more, no matter the wheel right? For example when software ffb is clipping, all you get is a straight line signal instead of all the variances between the car and the road?
    Although in reality, getting some software clipping won't impact your driving as usually is just a brief moment, but at least for our logitech, thrustmaster, fanatec wheels at 100% gain, we shouldn't get the inconvenient part of the software ffb clipping, considering there are clipping moments where is unavoidable.

This seems an interesting post about linear ffb: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-really-lets-ac-down.30935/page-3#post-644501
    Could this benefit people with the popular wheels and the ones with the expensive ones, DD wheels?
    This is a quote from that linked post: "I presently have a small Mige OSW at 20nm of tq. My ffb signal still clips if all forces are set to 100% in game. It doesn't matter that my wheel outputs 20nm which should be plenty for every car in AC. If I use the ffb clip app and adjust cars based on what it says I still need to adjust GT3 cars down to 60-70% to avoid clipping- Just as with my accuforce wheel, as well as my CSW V1. This is the software clipping."

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

SimCommander has a Clipping meter function and Visual Lap Anylizer to help identify clipping and can even help point to specif effects that may be clipping. The built-in wizard can provide pre-sets that avoid clipping too. I really should take a closer look at these as I have always tuned FFB by feel and run AC FFB at about 70%, maybe lower.

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Great article tommi, exactly what I was trying to say
    The signal strength expressed in percentage does not change based on the wheel used. When it exceeds 100% we have software level (signal clipping), and it is the same regardless the wheel used.

12. They're trying to wind you up, Michael. You know....for a laugh ;)

13. Yes, only the strenght (N m produced) changes per FFB wheel.

14. I just wonder if we all are playing the same game sometimes.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

If you can live with an approximation, that's fine. But I want optimum FFB without clipping in every car, so I have to go through the procedure I described above. No need to make fun of it MH...

16. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Guess im too stupid for FFB clip app :) Never quite understood what should i start with, and then what to change, car specific percentage or in the main menu..

Sent from mTalk

Radfahrer likes this.
  17. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

If I get what I asked for I can fully automate the app so even stupid people like you can have proper ffb, Boris! ;-)

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

18. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Even with a ";-)" that wasn't cool, ;-)

Radfahrer and Atle Dreier like this.
  19. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

I still love you, man! :p

Sent fra min SM-N910F via Tapatalk