1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

Humm... I did not understand the word "Squeal" (I confused), english is not my native language and I better understand with this explanation "but the main thing that creates squeal is the shape and size of the tread blocks cut iinto the tyre, as they slip slightly against the road surface the tread blocks will vibrate against each other slightly and that causes tyre squeal" Thanks ;)

2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I like the lighting, I'm not sure if it's baked in though, and the far distance representation is better than AC. I think AC's Nordschleife feels less repetitive and captures more of those important trackside detail though. It just manages to capture the essence of the place and suggests its made by someone that really understands the subject.

Ferdi and Schnipp like this.
  3. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

Unless he is running 120hz+ monitor. My i7 3770k is bottlenecking gtx970 hard and struggling to always stay above 100fps with large online grids. If you want to keep framerate always near 144, you'll need a monster CPU.

4. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The 3D grass is surprisingly sparse tho'.

As an owner of a PS4 Pro but (currently) no 4k TV, I'm curious to know if I'd see any benefits from having to render much fewer pixels.

5. Stains

Stains Simracer

We should also and more to the point be past crappy X type trees , pCars 2 seems to be the only game that looks to have good trees , i wish Kunos could or would update trees and AA for that matter !

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You guys have issues … :p

7. 3D people would be nice, but I don't see a whole lot in that Gran Turismo Sport video that looks any better than the impressive AC rendering of the Nordschleife. As far as I am concerned, the AC trees look better.

8. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Chase view - the view from nowhere.

When anyone selects chase view in a sim or driving game they should receive an electric shock through the wheel/controller.

Then the game and PC/console should self-destruct.

Typer, aphidgod, mantasisg 2 and 6 others like this.
  9. You have to be kidding... Trees better than this or that? I look at the whole image, and "entire graphic package" created for GT Sport is stunning. Reflections, camera shaking, picture framing and camera motions (from long to short range), lighting...
    Tyre squeal? Ok they put it 'cause it create "immersion and sense of speed" .
    Engine sound isn't as real as it gets? Yeah, but there's no title, not even a single one that's "so real", maybe the best is Driveclub.
    Backfires aren't real either, but if you look at the whole package I think it's really good.

Sent from my Samsung G935F with Tapatalk 6

10. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

For AC2 (sorry..) one of my biggest wishes graphics-wise is better trees. Those GT Sport trees look very convincing imo. Yes there is some repetition, but as a whole looks stunning, especially in replay.

Trees are very important imo, because actually... they form huge part of track graphics. In many tracks it's what you mostly look at.. over and over again. Trees.

Rosko, Mogster and Stains like this.
  11. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

GT is going to be awesome because they put in fat and skinny marshalls and they move, yes!

Hot Doge likes this.
  12. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I guess I'm doing it wrong then by looking at the actual track (tarmac), cars around, reference points and occasional look on my peripherals (apps, instruments).

Jebus, AC_RAF, LChaves and 4 others like this.
  13. Yeah the trees in AC don't bother me at all, the fact they blend in and and pretty much not noticed when racing means they are good enough for me.

Visually for me, AC is lacking mostly in the 'natural-ness' of the sky and horizon, which other sims seem to do much better. Some weather mods improve this hugely, but its still limited by the engine.

Otherwise I think AC does a good enough job visually.

aphidgod, AC_RAF, sissydriver and 4 others like this.
  14. Trees are indeed very important, but I fail to see where the trees in that video are significantly superior to those in Assetto Corsa. I can clearly see "tree walls" in the background in some locations, so we aren't talking "horizon to horizon 3D trees" here.

15. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

I'd be happy for the visuals to stay the same in a new version of AC, I think they're fine maxxed out in 4K.

Would much prefer proper weather simulation, including wet surfaces that dry progessively over time, pool in areas while drying in others, and loose surfaces (for rally and rally cross) and night driving.

Is that too much to ask?

16. seco46

seco46 Hardcore Simmer

The trees looks good but...

17. If you can see the track side objects you're simple not fast enought :p
    Expect you have to drive one Aparth 595 SS ;)

seco46 likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Yes obviously there is priorities. But anyway, people use things like Good and Bad weathers mod, while they don't look at sky either. When cars are already photorealistic how to improve graphics.. upgrading AC2 graphic engine would be kind of pointless, unless environments visual fidelity is upgraded (at least a bit, and obvious problem point is the trees). Cars are fine already (in my opinion kerbs/track surfaces too), trees look terrible...

And yeah you don't have to look at it, but having same kind of X-shaped cardboard trees in AC2 would be kind of ridiculous, when Automobilista running on dated engine (and overall looking dated compared to AC) has better looking trees than AC has. While they aren't 3D (thus light on system), in driving situation eye accepts them as actual trees, not as "visual representation" of a tree. Trees of AC (especially in certain lighting conditions, where the X shape really shows) look immersion breaking

Actually, 2D tree might be better way to go if proper 3D is too resource hungry, and only way to get somewhat-3D is cardboard trees. As the GT Sport video (and Automobilista) shows, you don't pay attention to trees being 2D while driving. The viewing angles are not such, that you would notice. What you notice is the crisp, organic and real looking leaves, branches. Otherwise you are either too far away, or passing too quickly to pay attention to the 2D quality of them

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  19. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Yeah, photorealistic skies are nice but only if it's part of the whole lighting package, so that the terrain under the sky looks like it suits the sky. After all ambient light is 90% from the sky, if the colours don't match it looks weird.

garyjpaterson likes this.
  20. Stains

Stains Simracer

Yep , just as bad as AC trees . As i said pCars 2 trees seem ( seem) to be the best .