1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

I think that gtr has the transmission in the wrong place... Hahah, love the graphics, too bad the sound leaves me blind hahaha

2. LeiF

LeiF Alien

No apexes were harmed during the making of this film. Looks pretty but you can sense the rudimentary nature of the physics without even driving it. Is it just me or does that driver lock the wheels every time they try to slow down? Simulation value = -1

Fear, AurusCE, Simon92 and 4 others like this.
  3. Stains

Stains Simracer

I hope some developer can make a PC Sim with the same graphical quality as this. I feel my GTX 1080 ti is not being uaed to its full potential playing games with crappy AA and stupid x type trees.
    Having a Sim that drives great but looks like ship just doesn't cut it anymore.

Step it up development team.

4. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

The problem is make that gorgeous and run in the multitude of possible system combinations. Consoles have two hardware combinations to deal with, being one a more powerful version of the other. Other thing to bear in mind is if they had implemented half the physics of a true sim in this game, the gpu power would be assigned to take care of that and the graphical quality would take a hit, and a big one.
    That said, I'm happy you have the means to buy a 1080 as I had to buy a simpler 1070, but I'm sure the vast majority of players have inferior hardware than us, hence the need of a code that satisfies everybody.
    I still think most sims look very good tho.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

One thing I find funny with the GT vid is the tyre squeal, same squeal they had in the 458gt3 vid.

Racing tyres don't squeal! Only road tyres do... lol

ALB123 likes this.
  6. Stains

Stains Simracer

Now F1 cars don't make your ears bleed you can actually hear the tyres protesting and (squealing).
    @TheReaper GT i have a 1080 Ti and will very soon be upgrading my chipset from i5 6600k to? Ryzen 1800x maybe!

7. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Only if they are locked up or sliding sideways. Not when they are just taking corners

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Lol your post must make you sick and deserves an instant ban under its own rules.

BrandonW77 likes this.
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Can you change an ini file on that console? Its the only way you can raise simulation value in AC. Would suck if you had to keep it at -1, thank the lord kunos for a moddable master race build or we would also be doomed at default simulation value.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Only Sony can do that.

11. GaetanL

GaetanL Gamer

Sorry, but slick tyre squeals, even in a corner. From the moment they are pushed to the limits. Remember the first F1 Saison with the new V6 turbo which was not making enough noise ;)
    We could even hear them on TV and even more in real life.

Stains likes this.
  12. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Those trees look gorgeous.

Stains likes this.
  13. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I notice the same ones repeating over and over though.

14. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Racer

I'm on that 1800 too, seems like a good choice. Just gathering funds :D

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Here's a good explanation why they don't, scrubbing noise maybe but no squeel.

"Yes compound plays a part, but the main thing that creates squeal is the shape and size of the tread blocks cut iinto the tyre, as they slip slightly against the road surface the tread blocks will vibrate against each other slightly and that causes tyre squeal.

You will not hear tyre squeal on slick racing tyres as they have no tread blocks to vibrate."

Spent many years as a Motorsport photographer and driven a lot on semi slick tyres on racetracks, no squeel. I can promise that GTR or the 458 would never make those noises around corners.

GaetanL likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I only see two (three) reasons in picking the 1800X instead of the 1700X:
    - higher clock speed without wanting to OC
    - you want to achieve the highest OC possible (higher models seem to be better binned)
    (- wanting the top of the line cpu)

If you're ok with moderate OC then just go for the 1700X, which seems to be the best offer IMO.

Stains and TheReaper GT like this.
  17. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

A little.

It's 2017 now, we should be past the point of only having 6 .dds tree textures repeating over and over on a track.

Mogster likes this.
  18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Id go for the 1700 and not 1700x/1800x. Four reasons for that:

1. The OC difference ive seen is nothing, you could probably get another 50 MHz or something.
    2. Cheaper than 1700x
    3. Cheaper than 1800x
    4. You get a decent cooler if you dont already got one.

AurusCE and AlleyViper like this.
  19. Maxidyne

Maxidyne Hardcore Simmer

I thought DTM and Super GT where going to merge into one championship? Sorry for the off topic, was reading about DTM a couple of pages back in the thread.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

The only reason to apologize in this thread is if you going ontopic.