1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The official "NEWS FROM THE SOCIAL NETWORKS" thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by AC Support, Aug 10, 2016.

1. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

True, but as far as standard road-going cars go it isn't terrible. It's not going to measure up to a Porsche or Ferrari on a track but for typical spirited daily driving (which is the most the average person will experience) it handles as good or better than your average heavy 4-door saloons and puts a bigger smile on your face than most thanks to the ridiculous acceleration and cool gadgets.

Aristotelis likes this.
  2. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I don't believe in any of these marketing claims stated by Tesla for their new "roadster", but I'm happy to be proven wrong by independent testing.

If they have indeed already produced (since they claim they've already verified the figures) a production prototype "base model" starting at "$200k" that can do "0-60mph in 1.9 seconds", ">250mph vmax", "630 miles of range" in combined driving and corners like a roadster should all on the same set of road-legal tyres, without breaking down or overheating then great on them, and I suppose good for battery and tyre tech development for the industry. Because no one else has access to the tech to achieve all that so far.

I'll hazard a guess, if the figures prove to be correct the car will be compromised in some form that they're not mentioning.

Tomcul and LeDude83 like this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I've only ever seen one once while on a trip to London. I'm surprised there aren't more electric in Ireland, there is actually a lot of charging points around the country, even in small towns and we're such a small island the range really isn't that much of an issue. With a population of less than 5 million we can instigate nation wide change relatively easily, with an enticing government incentive we'd switch to electric pretty quickly just like we did when they incentivised diesel cars.. Which has blown up in our faces now that everyone knows diesel is pretty toxic.

I'm sure the performance is above and beyond what most people would have experienced to date but it's wasn't made to be a performance car, I'm interested to see what a performance electric with a chassis that can really exploit the electric motor would be like. If the electric motor can turn a standard saloon into a supercar the possibilities of an electric in a sports car are really exciting.

4. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

What makes you think new tesla roadster will overheat?

Everyone forgetting the NIO EP9?

250 kW (335.25 hp) indirectly water-cooled lithium ion batteries (one motor at each wheel, 1 MW (1,341 hp) total)

4 individual single-ratio transmissions (one gearbox at each wheel)

Electric range 427 km (265 mi)

6:45.90 around ring.

chksix and cerebralvortex like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

My guess is that new battery factory they built, which is producing a new larger battery cell that can produce more power and less heat plays a major factor in these new figures. When you consider that Mercedes SLS AMG electric came out in 2013 and could only do 15 minutes it shows just how far batteries have come in a short time.

It wouldn't surprise me if their top figures are a special mode that do drain the batteries really quickly but even if you have to drive around with half that power the rest of the time it's still an incredibly fast car for $200,000.

6. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Certainly not, it's a luxury 4-door saloon. But it manages to have decent handling performance on your typical twisty road which is where most people will get their jollies with it. Like I said, I drive a new WRX every day, which is no slouch, but I still get excited whenever he lets me drive the Tesla because it's a freaking blast. It's really impossible to form an opinion on Tesla until you drive one, they're really something else. Do they live up to some of the marketing hype? Probably not, not many products do, but it delivers a new and exciting driving experience and I'm quite sure the average petrolhead would step out of one with a smile on their face.

chksix and Schnipp like this.
  7. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Made me think of this video, it's in german though.

The first guy with the red shirt on the passenger seat is a tuner who specialized himself to tuning the old Audi 5-cyl. engines. He's running a few of those in different cars for himself (at least 3: daily, convertible and 1/4 mile machine with ~900(+) bhp). Also at the start where he's asked to be a passenge his comment was 'Ist das ein Fünfzylinder?' = 'Is it a 5-cyl. ?'.
    As they pull pack onto the parking lot after the test drive the driver asks the petrolhead if he likes it and he says 'I'd have to lie if I say no'. (well, the smiles you can see yourself)

8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Thanks for sharing that video with the AMG GT3 driver. He's faster than me after doing 1 warm-up lap in Assetto Corsa. :oops: Can someone point me to the nearest bridge? :( I did pick up on a couple of hints from his driving that combo and I'm try to integrate them right away compared to my normal driving on that track.

Minolin likes this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

That shows two things I think:
    1. AC is pretty close to RL
    2. Driving technique is more important than some would think

He already knows how to drive fast that car on that track, I'm really not surprised he was able to get a great lap time in a couple of laps. I also think he messed around a bit before making the video ;)

As for that bridge, I don't think it's a good time to watch fishes this time of the year :D

ALB123 likes this.
  10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

For me him being fast in rl and instantly fast in AC validates the sim. That there’s so little adjustment needed is a great thing.

ALB123, LeDude83 and xystof like this.
  11. xela1

xela1 Racer

.... crazy Macau race - every year.
    Accident caused by an AMG Merc ...
    IMG_7380.PNG

chksix, mms and MrDeap like this.
  12. xela1

xela1 Racer

13. Orne

Orne Alien

wow, that was crazy!!! Surprised it doesn't happen more often, Macau is so bloody narrow!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  14. Serge M

Serge M Alien

So we can safely say the Assetto Corsa public servers are also an accurate representation of real racing? Lol

GhostMan, Epistolarius, Vel and 11 others like this.
  15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

16. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Open server :rolleyes:

Edit....

Beaten to it by Xela :oops:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    M.Sampla, Tim Meuris, Jebus and 2 others like this.
  17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Onboard Tesla roadster 2020 0-60

Although the framerate is crap, it sure look insane.

If I was a spectator, I wouldn't know how to describe it.

18. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

I think describing it as "a complete clusterf**k" would be quite appropriate for that situation. :D

Then again, it's Macau, so SNAFU could work too. :rolleyes:

Schnipp likes this.
  19. xela1

xela1 Racer

watch out tomorrow 5:05 german time, wew link above. Chaos will go on with approx 8 cars

20. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

a stupid race on a stupid track, what do you pretend?