1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The VLN thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Access to live stream, ticker & timing table during the race saturday:

http://vln.de/de/live/features.html

----------------------------

Anybody interested in VLN? Today we had the "Test- und Einstellfahrten" (test and setup?).

Luckily there is a nice video on YT so I don't need to upload my inferior footage:

Notes & maybe news:

- New classes: SP10 (GT-4) and TCR
    - GT-4 will not allow professional drivers and has regulated tyres
    - TCR cars (like a VW Golf or Seat Cupracer TCR) look incredibly fast on the track
    - New Renault GT-3 car (class SPX for now)
    - Finally some Ferraris. Next to the racing-one 458 (SP-8) it looks like we have two 488 GT-3 now
    - M6s all over the place. Quite some teams have swapped them in for their 991s or AMGs
    - Edit: Ah, forgot - we finally will see an english version of the radio/livestream so most of you guys can join our fun!

Weather was, well Eiffel-weather. 7-9 °C, morning started with rain. At noon nobody knew which tyres to go for. Many teams only did the GP section which was half-dry and not good for any tyre. A few GT-3 teams tried slicks, by the spectacular looks of the driving and spinning.

With 1st-hand information: Kappeler Motorsport plans only to drive 3 VLN races this year, but participate the 24h race in May. Therefore they will start for the SP-7 class instead of the Porsche Cup one. Hüppi is also moving to the Cup Porsche instead of the yellow Cayman, being the 4th driver for the 24h race. His progress on the faster car looks very good so far, but unfortunately he couldn't do as many laps because of the dry/wet conditions.

Looking forward to next weekend: VLN #1.

Edit 2: moar material

(should be a 997 Cup)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    smw33, nivadepi, baboon and 11 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries [rsr] the 24h/vln 2014/2015 & adac gt masters 2014/2015 skin thread Oct 12, 2015
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room TRR VLN Series Nov 7, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [PSR] Pit Speed - Racing | VLN Series 1.0 Apr 14, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Audi TT VLN virtual mirror misaligned Oct 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #27 - VLN Cup 5 Apr 9, 2017
    Liveries Black-Falcon AMG GT3 VLN Apr 20, 2016
    Liveries Konrad Motorsport Huracan GT3 VLN Apr 8, 2016
    Liveries [WIP] Mercedes AMG GT3 VLN 2016 - HTP & Black Falcon Apr 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room MrMugel VLN Server - Nuerburgring Endurance Cup [MR-ABC] Apr 6, 2016
    Liveries Audi Race Experience #22 VLN 2014 Feb 24, 2016
    Liveries Phoenix Racing Audi R8 LMS VLN Ring Taxi Feb 18, 2016
    Liveries Nissan GT Academy Team RJN #17 VLN 2013 Feb 14, 2016
    Tracks modding Why is there no vln-version of the nordschleife till now? Dec 11, 2015
    3D car models [nlc] renault clio 3 rs vln (wip) Nov 2, 2015
    Liveries Toyota gt86 - vln 2015 #536 - tmg Nov 1, 2015

3. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Couldn't make it this weekend but I can't wait to go back. Or at least watch the stream.

Love VLN!

SP10 and GT4 will be interesting to follow. Also love the return of the Bentleys and the growing Ferrari field.

4. Minolin

Ah now while you name the classes. The SP9 is divided into Pro / ProAm / Amateur

5. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

I'll try to get to some of the races, not the 24h tho, too crowded with the wrong type of crowd.

Still hope we will get a non-German manufacturer on 1st in the 24h some day, happened last in 2003 with the Viper GTS-R. Can't even quite explain my reason :D Maybe the RS01 does it...Audi and BMW would not be happy if a french car with a Japanese engine takes the top spot ;)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    Minolin likes this.
  6. pons

pons Simracer

Another good video without camera shake and good sound.

kofotsjanne and Minolin like this.
  7. hazardic

hazardic Alien

nice but as far as i know last year there was a ferrari 488 gt3 by rinaldi racing?

btw it's interesting will the renault gt3 condender participate in upcoming 24h race.. it is also a shame m6 still plays at the back of new ford gt and c7r in tuscc events, hope this year bmw will get some places at eu podium at least..

edit again @Minolin will there be any video broadcast for vln races?.. i was always struggling to find a one.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  8. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

there always is rather little in official media coverage. RPR1 Ring Radio does cover at the venue, but not over stream iirc, Sport1 does short (~30 minute) reviews of each race on TV.

hazardic likes this.
  9. insectbrain

insectbrain Gamer

from
    http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/03/15/radio-show-limited-to-broadcast-vln.html

hazardic and baboon like this.
  10. Minolin

true, they did the 8th VLN race.

Yes I've read they will do the 24h.

I will put the link here when it's available. Don't know how they will handle the english version, but usually you have a "go live" link on http://vln.de during qualify & race times.

No, the VLN stream is covering the whole saturday. But again it's well hidden :-/
    And in contrast to the 24h you have no cams around the nordschleife, only onboards.

hazardic likes this.
  11. hazardic

hazardic Alien

amazing i'm ok with at least live onboards:D

Minolin likes this.
  12. Minolin

Is somebody there already? I really need to see a picture of #90.
    They did the new design, but wouldn't tell me what they went for (I made a proposal).

13. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Sadly I won´t be able to catch the new stream format tomorrow. But that´s ok, cause I´ll get on my bike and just go there. Finally going back to hell, so happy.

Not there yet, so I can´t help you.

Minolin likes this.
  14. Minolin

Nice. Have a look at Pit #18, should be around most of the time.

Edit: After a thought, maybe we should exchange numbers. You looked different on your last picture, and I'm not like my avatar as well.

Edit 2: More material

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. hazardic

hazardic Alien

damn the race will be within 5 hours i will be in deep night dreams once it begins:(

16. Minolin

No worries. Technology isn't coming to germany over night, especially out there :)
    The countdown at vln.de is just pointing to the race day, 0:00 am.

Race is 12-16:00 local time, which is the current countdown + 12h:

[​IMG]

Qualifying is 08:30 - 10:00. Can't tell when the livestream starts - maybe 10 or 11.

hazardic likes this.
  17. Minolin

baboon and hazardic like this.
  18. pons

pons Simracer

Radio is live.

8.01 by Dumas

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
    hazardic and Minolin like this.
  19. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

20. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Is there a list of all starters? Couldn't find one.

21. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Drivetribe is also streaming.

baboon, Epistolarius and hazardic like this.