1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

The VLN thread

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Minolin, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

#90 had a piece jamming the throttle pedal in t1 -.- instant pit stop required, back on track after the 3rd starter group. Dafuq

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Fun race to watch. Thx for the reminder, Minolin.

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Good racing, too bad the Falken Porsche crashed 10 minutes before the finish. :(

Epistolarius likes this.
  4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Yeah, I was hoping Falken would get the win. Good on Manthey though, quickest car on track I think.

Btw, I noticed how they're running the new headlights unit out of the RSR.

[​IMG]

baboon, Minolin and Schnipp like this.
  5. Minolin

tbh this was a nice display of sandbagging. Porsche seems to go for the Karma, as they might have the weakest GT3 on this track.

6. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

It was very surprising to see Mercedes and BMW 'struggle' after their performance last season. Not expected.

7. Minolin

yeah. But: There are 2 rule changes for GT3 (vln). Rear wing has either 10cm less width or placement to the front. And all car's minimum height is now 70mm, instead of 65. So maybe the porsche suffer less here, but you never know.

baboon, hazardic and Epistolarius like this.
  8. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One team member of a Porsche team (either Manthey or Falken) in an Interview during or just after the race that 'The Porsche's raced and the rest only participated'....

9. hazardic

hazardic Alien

damn hope there will be a full stream on youtube shared somewhere - missed the first half:D
    congrats on the race though @Minolin!
    btw i noticed the sponsor on the plate now rowe instead of premio - does it mean it has to be changed every 6 years or there are other reasons for a change?
    and what about Sabine and her frikadelli?

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The Drivetribe stream is still available as video now.

Race starts at around 42 minutes.

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

After race, watching the results, I saw an Opel Calibra took part.:)
    Gimme...

Opel-King likes this.
  12. Opel-King

Opel-King Racer

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Nen Tacken tiefer, und breitere Radhäuser, wäre geil...:) @Opel-King

14. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Also tires. Development tires are not allowed this season, no special sets just for the Ring (as far as I understood)

15. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'm not so well informed on the tyre changes, but from what was said about it I interpret the tyres must be the same as each tyre manufacturer sells to customers.

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I suppose tyre development still played a big role. Lap times are on average down from last year I think? Wish VLN would put the track conditions in the results...

In other news, the cars are still flying a little bit on the modern Nordschleife. :p
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. fr13del

fr13del Racer

Wozu?

18. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Sorry for not meeting up @Minolin, we watched the start from the stands at T1 and than (after eating a traditional "Mantaplatte") got onto our bikes and headed for Brünnchen to get a different angle. Had to leave early, too but we still had a great day. Gladly my bike pulled through, even though the engine is almost done. So I don´t exactly know when I´ll be able to go again.

Some photos in the Spoiler below as not to clutter the thread to much. Still a noob at photoshooting, my brother handed me over his old EOS 500D and I figured that taking shots of cars racing 20m next to you at 150+ kph isn´t that easy :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One for @Ace Pumpkin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exposure was too long, figured that too late so most photos from the ranks are messed up.
    [​IMG]

Quite a lot of people at Brünnchen!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Need to practice some more and get a zoom lens some day, but photographing at the races is huge fun!

Minolin and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. hazardic

hazardic Alien

nice photos! any link to flickr albums or whatever?..
    btw one note regarding exposure - to shoot at long focus with nicw shutter speed you need a very good lenses with aperture at least 2.8 for day conditions. that is a L class of the lenses and they are not cheap. however they are worth it:D but i gotta warn that once you get a nice optics it is likely you will want to upgrade the body:Dnote ended:p

20. pons

pons Simracer

I hoped to find a photo of the Mantaplatte under that spoiler :(