1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

these idiots need to make it clear right away that this is not NFS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, May 10, 2014.

1. TCLF

TCLF Alien

depends. Was he cheating in the way of cutting corners or was he cheating with hacks?

edit:nvm, you ninja'd me

If you know his steam you can report him to steam

2. TCLF

TCLF Alien

also, if you see him cheating, you can vote-kick him. When (hopefully next update) admin tools will be released, so people can actually admin their servers and ban cheaters etc

3. Brixxlnator

Brixxlnator Gamer

Well, we did try to vote kick him but despite all claiming to do so in chat, no attempt to kick him went through. :(

4. Blame

Blame Alien

The vote kick thing is a bust, people simply don't care and the cheaters don't end up getting kicked, the problem is that your ingame account is not connected to your Steam account.
    If your ingame account would be connected to your Steam account, servers would be able to perm ban players or the Kunos Administrators would be able to ban players.

5. TCLF

TCLF Alien

It's not necessarily that they don't care. It's more that it's too difficult to do so. I accidentally kicked @iVG once because I saw a button behind his name when I was spectating him and didn't know what it did. It's the worst implementation I've ever seen for online commands like that. But AFAIK they are going to work on it.

6. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Besides if there is a person who you'd like to kick, why would you really completely ruin your own race by going to pits and starting a kick vote..? they need to add an app to quickly access these commands.

7. Why don't you PM him on this forum? And the Steam name is right there, too.
    Yesterday night he was all happy of his "experiments". He told he's an experienced game modder, to my eyes he is only a "sfigato", but it's no more than my personal opinion.
    The only advantage I can see: he is 19. Maybe he is looking for some "fame". I am almost sure that, until working blocks are implemented, ignoring him is the best thing we can do, after having reported him to Steam(done).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

His GUID is 76561198024400202
    I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now and assume he was just 'testing' but if I see him in any of our servers causing chaos he will be added to the blacklist for when that comes into effect.
    It was A-holes like that who destroyed other sim titles.
    I hope Kunos can do something about it as they did with the grip cheat.

GTHQ_koop and TCLF like this.
  9. Kwizibo

Kwizibo Rookie

chrz for his ID, gonna Blacklist him from TAM server. He should do his tests elsewhere and no ruin others races in the process.

10. Aceking

Aceking Racer

Once the black list is fixed to work in the free join servers (Aug. 29th) this will greatly reduce the number of people who like to wreck drivers on purpose! During my racing in online servers i been collecting the names of these dickheads and cross referencing to find their GUID and those drivers will be permanently banned.

Thankyou for his name ("Piereligio Di Sante" GUID 76561198024400202) so i will now be able to include him to my blacklist!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  11. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

that's the price of having ac on steam its full of kiddies

12. markus1101

markus1101 Rookie

Hi Admins. I think that this message is very important.

This game have some problems when you try to ban someone. Simply is impossible, and when you play in some servers you foun people like this man (the name is in the video) who do this kind of thinks, and makes impossible to play at game.

Her you have the video, please, DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

[​IMG]

I know that's not your fault, I'm not criticizing the game, I like it, but to enjoy it should do something with these players, and I paid 35€ to enjoy the game.

PLEASE, SOLVE IT!!

Thanks for your attention.

Marc

fioc likes this.
  13. Horus

Horus Alien

Blacklists work if setup correctly, if that is not good enough for you join a league that looks after their community. www.aloog.net is one that takes bad behaviour very seriously, but there are many many more out there. Sadly there is very little that can be done about idiots, you just have to find a nice place to do your racing. :)

14. markus1101

markus1101 Rookie

Ok men. thanks for your information. i'm going to have a look at thos page, because now at the moment public servers are imposible.

THANkS

15. I don't know if this has been mentioned but a karma based system to up vote the reputation of good drivers or down vote the bad ones might be a good system I have seen it work well in other games and generally those with a horrible reputation are simply not allowed to play on certain servers as they will be auto kicked. I might be a casual sim racer (This one is the first i have ever bought but love it) only got a 360 pad can't afford a wheel atm but i try to make sure i'm not ruining anyone else's race i did see alot of ramming off the road going on if i did clean overtake some people just get mad it seems :S.

16. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Why the work uploading four videos? Did you leave the server before my announcement that this guy will be immediately lifetime banned? Every time i see such players i add them to my list for "special" people, sync it between all servers and that's it.

And because you're playing on one of our servers:
    The ban system works fine, but you wouldn't believe how little the number of players is who participating in a vote. And as long as there is no possibility to set different vote quorums for kick/ban and skip/restart sessions, you can only choose between less kicks or endless race restarts/qualifying skips.

17. markus1101

markus1101 Rookie

I was playing in your server, and all race this man was doing that. ThaS WHY I Have post this 4 videos. I no edited anithig, simply I record whit fraps and I upload it in youtube.

If the ban sistem of your server works correctly, sorry, I don't want to ofence you.
    Thanks

18. alex72

alex72 Alien

When someone behaves badly (real bad and not accidents) remember to vote when someone wants to kick that player since thats how we can ban atm, and it works good as long as people actually press "Y" when a kick vote comes up on the screen. "Vote kick" = ban if the server/host has activated ban.

19. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

Hi Jaye

What % is your vote set to on your servers?
    I appreciate that you cannot always be around to blacklist players and its great that your servers are always running but it does seem to be very rarely that anyone will get kicked (obviously i cannot see the voting results).

The kick/vote idea is difficult because if the % is set too low you get endless restarts but if its too high then poor players never get kicked.

Thanks

20. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

I hope you all prepared yourself for the incoming DAMAGESYSTEM which need to get tested by all wreckers and "cod with cars" style players :)

Vlad the insaner likes this.