1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

these idiots need to make it clear right away that this is not NFS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, May 10, 2014.

1. I'm ready, have my own server set up and so far 6 people who have access for good clean racing.

2. plaid

plaid Alien

It maybe would be a good idea to set damage off on open servers. Otherwise many bumps and spins will result in an end of the race. The people behave rather antisocial will probably be not the ones worring about a damaged car. I definitly don't believe in a healing effect, cause people who want to see the finishline avoid bumps cause the danger of spinning, anyway.
    Anyway I hope the GT cars will not fall into pieces by small bumps.

3. Jaye

Jaye Alien

unfortunately i can't drive as much as i want with all these real life problems like working and so on ;) would be also hard to play on all servers simultaneously :D

Long time ago i started with 75% quorum, then lower it to 65% and since a few weeks it is set to 55%
    Still nice for no restart excesses, but still hard to get a successful kick vote... there must be a real hardcore wrecker to get the Yes voters above 10 when their are 20+ players. So i don't know if it's better to lower it to 50% or 45% percent, maybe i will try next week on one server when there is more time to monitor the results.
    But there were also some player i saw often (and know they drive clean) and then they contacted me because of beeing kickbanned by votes when there were only a few players on the server, so 55% is also not the best for all situations. and it's not good to set kickvotes resulting in a ban for ever (so i set it to until restart).

In some other thread i already mentioned that it would be nice to have seperated config values so that u can set something like that:
    kick quorum: 50%
    restart/skip quorum: 75%

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  4. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Wanna race ?

[​IMG]

Bazza, mms, fbiehne and 2 others like this.
  5. redlinezak

redlinezak Racer

This is a nice idea.

6. Dominic Warr 2

Dominic Warr 2 Simracer

We need to do something about these trolls destroying good races on the servers.
    They pile into the back of everyone at the start and then sit and wait for the top 6/7 drivers to come around.

Some kind of tracking system that monitors their aggression online and gives them an icon next to their name to warn us.

7. esox71

esox71 Alien

AC currently on sale for £17 so expect more of that dude!!
    But how cares? As long as AC get the money for sale eh??

Dominic Warr 2 likes this.
  8. Dominic Warr 2

Dominic Warr 2 Simracer

its been happening way before AC was on sale.
    Every server, every race. always trolls

Enzo Martin likes this.
  9. ABernardo

ABernardo Racer

From looking at the clip it was pretty obvious that the guy was still in his starting slot. I don't see any piling up or waiting. The guy in front of you saw the car and avoided it. Why didn't you?

Not to say that there aren't wreckers online. But please, give us a better example.

Alan

10. esox71

esox71 Alien

Didn't know that was starting point??

11. Dominic Warr 2

Dominic Warr 2 Simracer

Starting slot? Do you know spa?
    This is lap 7 of 8 laps? the race is nearly over
    Also as you can see there is just 10 or so frames coming out of the first corner where you can see him.

i would also like to point out jim only missed the wall on the left by cm's with much more room

12. Dominic Warr 2

Dominic Warr 2 Simracer

Im in the BMW z4
    Unfortunately replay doesnt record python chat.
    A few laps earlier Alex braked to a sudden halt at eau rouge entrance in an attempt to block me.
    about 6 of us were actually trying to put proper qualifying laps in. We attempted to kick Alex and nils several times but the other trolls just voted no.
    I gave up pursuing them and just ignored
    Until i decided to record the replay of this.
    If you listen Alex clearly lifts straight off and turns in on me. I'm inside the raceline and the raceline is mine, im on a fast lap hes on his "Outlap".
    After the crash we was talking about Alex again (which is why im not moving) just as i stop typing nils appears and heads straight for us and then starts pushing me down the circuit.

He had plenty of time to see me approach him and anyone racing properly would makesure they are not on the raceline on an outlap

13. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Classic scenario which desperately needs addressing

14. 1. The start grid is on the other side of the pits.
    2. His view was obstructed by the car in front. The slightest loss of focus in that position, and......BAM

I don't see why this guy needs to be criticised when it was clearly the fault of the driver in the stationary car.

15. SimDrive

SimDrive Simracer

A: Not a start line
    B: The guy was reversing

I have had people reversing into me as well and I just cannot even begin to understand what goes through their mind when doing it...and yes, such people should be tracked and blacklisted from the servers.

16. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

I'd love to know the psychology behind the intentional wreckers that you see on public servers. Just doesn't make sense to me.

17. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

Kunos should implement a crash server where all the wreckers automatically ends up.
    Then they could crash one another all day long :D

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Start banning them, they will soon learn to behave after a few bans.

19. burrito

burrito Alien

see in this instance my tactic is to return fire, well that is a last resort, childish but then sometimes you have to turn to their level. Usually I double bluff or just brake suddenly and then they swerve into a wall :p which normally aggravates them enough to leave. Or my personal favourite is 'the hook' start gently pushing the rear of their car from the side until they spin and you can just carry on driving

I'm not a wrecker or one of the people in any of the videos in this thread however sometimes the people who are obviously wrecking for the sake of it need a taste of their own medicine. Positives are they normally quit because they have attention span of a nat

I DON'T wreck anyone who drives safely or consistently. Only those who purposely wreck me multiple times so I'm sure of their motives

20. teter833

teter833 Gamer

I'd love to know the psychology behind kunos relaseing ver 1.0 with so poor multiplayer( not netcode).
    Oh yeah, thats right. Majority don't play MP so those who want to clean online races doesn't count so much.

I don't blame Kunos. They just copy big boys like Rockstar, Ubisoft, EA to max. the profit

SimDrive likes this.