1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

these idiots need to make it clear right away that this is not NFS

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by F430_458_F12, May 10, 2014.

1. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I wonder if KS working on a system that will have things like the ones in this thread to happened less frequently. I have given up on public racing and just driving practice sessions ("trackdays") online. Thats actually one way to race against at least 3 cars where they driving carefully. One day I will try to get into a league or just racing with the guys on RaceDepartment.
    Ingame it still says that MP is in beta. I wonder if KS actually care about MP since they released 1.0 and still have one big thing like onlineracing in a beta stage. This is more like a hotlap simulator.

2. teter833

teter833 Gamer

I thought that after 1.0 modders could create any system whey want. maybe something like iracing or servers like in LFS?

cooknn likes this.
  3. We can have any number of races up to 10 laps in "Free Join" mode, with lots of different combinations of cars and tracks. It isn't Kunos' fault that most servers are set up as GT2, GT3, or LaFerrari. We just need server admins to "spread their wings". There are so many road cars that could be used for great races online. You don't need high downforce to have fun.

Rift Racer likes this.
  4. teter833

teter833 Gamer

What that have to do with wreckers? You thing that with another (even slower) cars will be less wreckers?

Christopher Low and kofotsjanne like this.
  5. Apologies for the slightly off topic post. I was responding to comments about MP being only a beta in the 1.0 Release version of AC, and I just wanted to point out that this should not stop us all enjoying online racing with a wide variety of cars and tracks. I am aware that wreckers and careless drivers are a big problem at the moment, but we can't let that stop us. I get frustrated every time an idiot rams me from behind because he wasn't happy about getting overtaken, but I always come back for more!

6. Dominic Warr 2

Dominic Warr 2 Simracer

It gets annoying Christopher.
    The first few times you can tolerate but eventually, when you get taken out towards the end of every race when you battled hard its the most annoying thing.
    7 laps to DNF because some 10 year old kid brought AC to pretend its need for speed

Christopher Low likes this.
  7. You don't have to tell me how annoying it gets. I have first hand experience, and not just in AC :)

8. Wafflecopter

Wafflecopter Rookie

This kind of brings up another thing though, sometimes it might genuinely be an accident. For example, if someone's riding your rear bumper and you brake, they'll probably be caught off-guard and ram into you, making both you and them unhappy.

9. If you want to "ride someone's rear bumper", then you need to be experienced enough to know when to back off as you approach a corner. Unfortunately, most of the idiots that I have seen on the AC servers have trouble steering the cars, never mind knowing when to brake.

Dominic Warr 2 likes this.
  10. Justin Cruze

Justin Cruze Racer

I have to call you out on this one, poor multiplayer has nothing to do with intentional wreckers.
    Case in point - Megane Trophy public servers on rF1 back when it was popular. Complete wreckfest. Driving in traffic for more than 30 secs wihout getting punted was an achievement.....
    And I think we can agree that rF1 multiplayer was just fine.

It's the mindset of the people playing the Sim and I don't quite understand what part of wrecking they find fun. I mean....surely they should be playing Goat Simulator instead? :p

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

One issue is that you getting rewarded by divebombing the first turn against AI, both in quick race and career.. Im pretty sure at least some people did play against AI first and saw that this was a working tactic.

12. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

To me this sounds like someone using a cracked game with a control pad :D

13. heNNa

heNNa Gamer

Sadly there is no plugin architecture available on the server side at the moment.
    But we are ready and waiting for this to introduce some safety rankings or similiar (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ine-racing-stats-and-a-global-ban-list.18283/).

If you guys raced on speedwise enabled servers and got wrecked, find your session here: http://speedwise.de/sessions and file a complaint (but provide some evidence - replay/YouTube link, ...)
    The (well crowded) GCRacing and RSR servers for example are connected to speedwise.

14. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I really hope people cant play online if they have a "bad" copy of the game?! :(:(:(

15. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I really hope they can't but I'd like to hear that from Kunos themselves !
    Why would you buy the Sim and start wrecking everything you can ?
    Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me !