1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Tuners wanted! Share your setups.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by eSEA One, Feb 16, 2014.

1. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

As I have a tendency to be on the creative side. Like several creative folks here on AC I have made several skins that are posted for all to use, and as time goes on there will be more. All these creative people sharing their hard work is just awesome.
    Now I do not see a similar thing happening with the "Tuners" Yes every one drives a little differently and the tune will have to be adjusted for the driver, but a base tune for a track is a good start.
    We have an excellent painter Bailey who has a great A Guide to Skin Modding
    Maybe a "Tuner" or two could do the same. There is "Telemetry" data that a non tuner can show to a tuner and this could be a start point for some guidance.
    TUNERS I CHALLENGE YOU! to get a thread or even a section in the forums to rival the
    Car models and skins modding
    Update:

Well so far the great folks here on the AC forum have been a great help and have pointed me to some informative documents you can find them in my "Useful Documents folder" on my Google DRIVE

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    Pete Jones likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Drivers wanted Wed/Fri/Sundays Sep 20, 2022
    ACC Tools ACC brakepoint- indicator/trainer wanted, pls help Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos BMW M3 GT3 Need For Speed Most Wanted on Assetto Corsa Jul 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting IMPORTANT: editing engine settings and unwanted results Dec 10, 2020
    Chit Chat Room BMW M3 GT2 @redbull ring advice wanted Oct 3, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room New team - Drivers Wanted Sep 23, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Commentor and broadcaster wanted Aug 23, 2020
    General modding discussion Help wanted for 350z car mod Jul 7, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Wanted to say Hi, Permission to post on the troubleshooting forum? Dec 23, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Wanted: As many drivers as possible to stress our dedi Server tonight. Nov 3, 2019
    Chit Chat Room oversteer correction techniques wanted! Sep 10, 2019
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room You wanted it, so here it is...MrGit's ACC League! Jun 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Tire pressures.. Tips wanted :) May 10, 2019
    Chit Chat Room If you wanted to show of VR and sim racing, which car and track would you use? Jul 13, 2017
    Online Leagues / Championships room Australian based PS4 community, clean racers wanted. Jun 9, 2017

3. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Yes there are lots of generric setup guides out there but for my "tune" deprived brain it is all too much. Start simple with a simple car Abath 500 on a simple track Vallelunga Club circuit and build from there. I will do some laps and then post my telemetry, I think there is a nKPro file that someone can look at in AIM

Via Tapatalk

4. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

So far, not a bad idea...but..there is a problem. Each driver has a different style of driving. I tried this so many times, to drive with a setup from a different driver, but it never works. To build a setup, just follow this steps:

1. Change the gears fitting to the track
    2. learning the car and track
    3. learning the car and track
    4. learning the car and track

After let`s say 50 - 100 laps and you have the feeling you can`t beat up your PB, than it`s time to have a look into your setup. Start with the aero and tyre temps and than try to understand what happens wrong with yor car`s steering (understeering/oversteering) and so on...

Maybe a setup guide (Source: http://iracing.invisio.nl) could help for the very first steps.

Attached Files:

5. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

agreed, a setup is a way to get the car to feel as you want. Some drive absolutely brilliant on the standard setups, while some change everything.
    A setup made by person X will most likely suck for person Y.

But for me personally i find the 500 Difficult to set up since it is a low power FWD car. So understeer is always present

6. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Absolutely! one setup from X is not necessary good for Y but I believe there is a bad basic setup and a good basic setup for a track is a first logic step.
    Ok maybe a FWD is not a good start, what do you recommend the BMW M3 E30 or is this already too complicated to start from.

7. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

I think what is best to recommend is, start on the basic setup, that's how i do it, and i believe many others, try to get many laps as consistent as you can.
    Only then can you begin to work on setups, you first have to know the car and track.
    For example, bumpy, Off camber corners. High speed priority or many slow speed corners. All those and many other factors play into how you want a setup made.

Maybe i don't understand the premise of this thread thou ;) but i never really believe in 1 setup to rule them all.
    Its a floodgate for many many whine threads ;)

8. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Maybe the thread name is not quite right. May be it should be "
    Tuners wanted! Share your setups and the reasoning behind what you have done for the track and car.
    What my plan is going forward is run a number of laps getting to a point where I am getting
    consistent times, then do some setup changes one at a time to see if the average time improves. Then make my conclusions.
    Tuners are welcome to point me in the right direction and coach me (and others) in the direction of understanding tuning.

9. Xreasonz

Xreasonz Racer

Ah so basicly, if i understand ( sorry am a bit slow on sundays :D ) This is meant as a "How to do setups" more then a general place to dump setups in.
    To that i agree, any additional info is welcome, but this is some very technical stuff.

I can get to grips with Tire pressures, basic aerodynamica and suspension geometry setups, but Still learning Damper, spring and rebound settings alike.
    Basicly Suspension is still a very much grey area for me since every change you make to the geometry changes how the suspension works. Even Tire pressures.

Still, once you have nothing to learn, you are dead ;)

10. DaveH36

DaveH36 Gamer

This could be an interesting read. I know generally what I like a car to feel like, but don't really know how to achieve it. Of course each car is unique and should be. And also, its easy for someone less experienced like myself to think fiddling is the way to fast times when in fact more seat time is what's needed. Anyway, I look forward to reading what skilled tuners have to say about the cars we have.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Simracer

Getting to know the car first is key. Driving the stock car and driving it well getting to know its tendencies on the limit get in the car toss tires on it maybe adjust the psi of tires and go do 10 20 laps in it.

Then sit down and think can i adjust to the cars needs or should i adjust to my needs, maybe i like a car with mountains of turn in grip and a back end that like to slide. i up the toe and camber on front wheels maybe soften the suspension some, i want the acceleration grip in back i dial out the camber and toe, and stiffen things up. cars jittery at speed i maybe add some opposite camber for straight line stability.

really any stock setup should be able to hit near the top times its just a question how much time your willing to put into a car and your natural ability some have a much better handle going from car to car type and driving different styles of cars than others. only thing should really matter is bad tire psi and no grip, and aero if a car has enough to matter. beyond that just driving a car the way its designed to be driven and it will go plenty fast.

Tucker73 likes this.
  12. Juergen Herrmann

Juergen Herrmann Simracer

Shaddix likes this.
  13. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

eSEA One and Juergen Herrmann like this.
  14. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

Nice input there Scott, thanks for your insight :)

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The hardest thing about setting up a car is being able to feel what the car doing and transfering that to what you want the car to do by altering setup aspects..

Setting up a car is relativly easy when you know what everything does.. What you need is a base to start from..

First thing i do is drive the car stock and see how it handles, if its not neutral i will alter the shocks until it becomes more balanced then i will just start tweaking it but always making note of the tyre temps and alter accordingly.

eSEA One and gandlers like this.
  16. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Thanks this is the kind of thing I am looking for, Funny you mention about tyre temp, last night I was putting in several laps on Silverstone International and noticed that the left tyres were 10-20° warmer than the right, front left a bit hotter than the back. Also the pressure was "red" (but that was pretty much from the start, stock setting - maybe the "Dashboard" telemetry is miss reading? ) why is that and what do you do about it. I guess the left is hotter than the right due to all the right corners and therefore the car is leaning on the left.

17. alex72

alex72 Alien

Here are those 2 PDF's that people uploaded, and i'll post them here. Something to read and get a feel for.

Attached Files:

Enzo Martin and eSEA One like this.
  18. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

now do have the "RD Setup" but not the rFactor .
    Thanks. This is all a lot of stuff to wrap ones head around. One step at a time and we will get there

19. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah im struggling with the page where bumps, rebounds, springs etc are. There are sometimes so many values that its hard to grasp. :)

20. eSEA One

eSEA One Hardcore Simmer

Well I hope that's where this thread can help, Once we get to understand our cars and what they are doing (track time for us ) then if we can not solve the issues we can ask the kind folk's here what to do and then we can get a better understanding. I know that in some circumstances it is not always obvious (what would seem logical to the inexperienced ) a single tweak on X will fix problem A.

21. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

if you think about it.. the outside wheel in this case the left has to travel much faster to keep so there is more friction so it warms up.

best thing to do is run 10 laps then see what the temps are, then lower the pressures until they are all pretty much the same after 10 laps.. then you have a look at the temps across the it, they need to be pretty equal across the tyre.

eSEA One likes this.