1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Turn signals to the cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Madsen, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

we definitely need turn signals, to avoid misunderstandings in multiplayer mode.
    On the real nordschleife, the driver of the slower cars also use the turn signal

What do you think?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Bolibompa, cr4wl3r0, schmron and 10 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager - Turn Signals Hold/Toggle Jan 29, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Turn Signals, Engine Starts, hazard lights/ hi-low beams, simulation, wipers Feb 12, 2014
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Entering into Hohenrain turn Apr 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Anyone else notice pink (missing textures) and street lights at Monza turning off as you pass them?? Dec 19, 2023
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues How to disable the excessive speed alert in turns Nov 17, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Faantec DD1 wheel oscillates through turns Nov 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Repeating a turn Aug 29, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Barcelona Turn 10 graphical texture issue May 29, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals v1.9 Game fps decrease at 0 fps when I turn on the steering wheel May 11, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Wheel feels light only when turning (Fanatec DD Pro + PS5) Apr 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Crashing on race exit or "return to garage" Apr 3, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Game returns to main menu after clicking start engine (GPU is supported) Nov 30, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Would be great to do online races with Ratings turned off Sep 10, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Returning the old competition Jul 5, 2022

3. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

A indicator wouldn't be so bad^^

4. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

From my point of view can't be considered as a primary feature to develop, but I definitively agree it's a feature "nice to have"! :)

Snarffu and alex72 like this.
  5. Bailey

Bailey Alien

For cars that actually have turn signals that would be nice. Working hazard lights would be useful too. Those could even be implemented to work as pit lane blinkers or in rainy weather.
    ~Bailey

jc1993, AvGas, alex72 and 3 others like this.
  6. You must be joking...

7. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

why should I make jokes? Have you ever been on the Nordschleife? On the Nordschleife is so common that the slower flashes to signal the man behind that he can pass without danger.

Bolibompa, JusTiCe8 and Patrik Marek like this.
  8. He's right. Just have a look at the Nordschleife videos in Youtube.

9. Yes, I know it is common practice on trackdays all over Europe to use those lights, I've done it myself. I don' t think however that that kind of events with such a wide variety of vehicles are the prime subject of simulation in AC. And I have never seen indicator lights being used in a racing event.

ChrisR likes this.
  10. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

Slow cars in the VLN are using their indicators always

SvenUilhoorn, Madsen and Patrik Marek like this.
  11. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

that's true :)

12. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

Also during 24hr Le Mans and generally during all long races where many different classes are racing together.
    That means Madsen is not joking at all ;)
    Nice feature to have when developer will have time to dedicate to details.

GothaR, alex72, Madsen and 1 other person like this.
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

exactly, in mixed class events it's commonly used ( LeMans, VLN, even on recent 24h Dubai)

I can't see any harm done if these are included, it will make the experience much more pleasing, and as said, even multilayer will greatly benefit from it - especially for free practice/track days kind of events.

if AC had only race cars, I could see this being bigger concern, but it has lot of road cars, and these being used on track day event is more realistic/simulation then using them in race with no indicators

they also use indicators (sometimes0 when car goes into pits,
    have seen this in real life in Fia GT races

alex72, marcocale and Madsen like this.
  14. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

I have to disagree twice.. it's commonly used in races for first.. and we are actually a big bunch of sim drivers that are actually waiting to make trackdays with Assetto Corsa.

Also, that kind of tone like "you must be joking" is not really respectful to other people.. everybody is entitled to have his own opinions.

Thanks !

15. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

the only issue I can see is drivers forgetting to turn them off, weve all followed that guy in real life whose oblivious to the fact he's driving with a indicator on, and that's with a indicator lever that should switch back after the turn, I guess we will just have buttons which would mean a manual press to turn on and off, maybe an on screen light or an audio tick but again whilst racing I imagine these being missed

16. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

yeah that happen in real life too.. just watch an endurance race, drivers tend to fall asleep too ;) :p

17. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

simply a visual and audible indication that the turn signal is on would help :cool:

18. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Depending on how the 'off track penalty' will work in v1.0 (I hope it changes!), automatic flashing hazards to signal that you have no throttle would be useful to let other drivers know you cannot accelerate.

prunn, GothaR, Bræm and 1 other person like this.
  19. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

surely it has too change, cant go cutting engines during close racing, keeping an eye open for hazard lights to come on whilst im hot on the tail of another driver I imagine will be almost impossible.

20. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

But this happens in real life too, so wouldn't this make it even more realistic? :)

21. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

maybe, but I just feel it will cause confusion and maybe even some devious game playing by some of the more unsavoury characters...