1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Turn signals to the cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Madsen, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

not really, it's about the neutral/ 0 degreees, it will switch off when steering wheel goes across it , again auto off is the least of the problem
    as long as it makes into game, I'm happy,

2. I simply ask a question out of pure curiousity...

3. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Sorry for jumping down your throat, I thought you were being sarcastic (there's a lot of it around).

In answer to your question, there isn't much difference, but in AC we envisage that having lots of nice looking cars of all classes on one track (track day) would be good, especially on the Nurb. But there is the obvious danger of putting different classed cars on one track, so having hazard/indicators/blinkers or whatever you want to call them, would be helpful to let the slower drivers signal to faster drivers that they are aware of their presence and what side of the track they should pass.

PS You've misquoted me?

4. Don't worry... and yes, something got mixed up.

I really wonder if you can make it work with many different cartypes on one track.
    We could never make it work in our league. WTCC with 4 models was the limit.
    It was inevitably resulting in lag and with even more models, in memory issues.
    We even had to abandon a beautiful F1 mod with separate models for each team.

5. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Well we don't really know if it will work because KS isn't very forthcoming with information (that's not a dig at KS BTW) but we can give it a try. We have a server set aside for AC with 100mbit bandwidth so we shouldn't have a problem.
    We had a track day server running for R07 but as everyone knows, the cars don't look very nice compared to AC. It would really just be a place to practice the track and enjoy the scenery/cars.
    The issues you had sound like server or bandwidth limitations?

6. The traffic measurements never gave any indications that there was a problem there. We suspected
    the memory usage or the internal rF1 design. It wasn't really designed to take advantage of multicore cpu's.

7. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

anyway, that would be a big step towards realism, whether you like it or not :cool:

Bolibompa and nfsw55 like this.
  8. You don't give up, do you ? ;)

9. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

no way man :D ;)

10. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

As long as the real car has it, I find Madsen proposal a legitimate wish.
    Just like having rain light on formulas (even if we don't have at moment the rain), headlights (implemented even if we don't have at moment the night) etc......:)
    Sometime differencies are details.
    Naturally everything has to be provided with the right priority, i.e for sure turning signals development can't take time, only for example, to the multiplayer development.
    But in a future view why not?

Madsen likes this.
  11. pablo resch

pablo resch Gamer

Hello, really like me much driving practice as a Nordschleife with any vehicle and is an open session where anyone can enter with any vehicle ....
    imagine the simulator much like what would happen if you rent a car to go around in Nurburgring! you come with the fiat 500 and you passed by a BMW Z4 GT3 ...
    That must be incredible.
    that at some point it would be very good to have turn signals!
    big hug!

Julio and Madsen like this.
  12. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Why not just have it play the ticking sound? At least all cars I've been in have one to tell you the signals are on.

13. Julio

Julio Rookie

massive trackday at nurburgring with a lot of players would be awesome, turn signals would be used just has in real life
    racing purists may disagree with me, but I look for the realism side, the true feeling of not just racing at nordschleife but taking your car to a "trackday" with a lot of people would be really nice
    just don't get angry like this dude if someone doesnt let you pass! lol
    [youtube]

14. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I'd like both functioning indicators, odometer, tripmeter etc. Minor features, but adds a lot to immersion and indicators are good means of communication on a track. Gets my vote for sure.

Bolibompa and Patrik Marek like this.
  15. DEChengst

DEChengst Racer

Of course that should be implemented and most of the time that would work for me. It could fail for me when I can't turn up the volume loud enough though. This week I'm on call for work so I can't wear my in ear monitors because I wouldn't hear the pager. This means using the speakers and I don't dare to cranck them up at night out of fear for pesterting the neigbours with screaming racing engine sounds.

16. marcocale

I think that for race cars the ticking sound isn't audible also in the real world.... so a perfect realism! :p

17. Levano

Levano Rookie

Yes, yes, yes!

18. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

You realize this was a 2.5 years old thread?????

LeDude83 and Patrik Marek like this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yep, pretty much clear that it's not going to happen

marcocale likes this.
  20. marcocale

Never say never..... Soon™ :D:D:D:D:D:D

By the way, topical matter these days. I'm following the 24he of Le Mans on Eurosport and many time slower cars were using turn signal when faster cars were arriving from behind :cool: