1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Turn signals to the cars

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Madsen, Jan 13, 2014.

1. DEChengst

DEChengst Racer

Another solution for forgetting to turn off blinkers would be to allow the option for them to be on only while the button is being pressed.

Bræm and kobus999 like this.
  2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

that's not good idea I think, since you need your hands elsewhere,
    if turning off is an issue, there could be a cycle that if you press the button, it would illuminate 3-5 times ,

but honestly, i think it should be done that you press the button once, you turn it on, you press second time to turn it off, if you press once, and then press the other side , it will switch to other side, but to turn it off, you just press the same button again,

I think there are way bigger distractions than this, and if this really becomes an issue, there might a option in menu that visually disables it

3. DEChengst

DEChengst Racer

That depends on the controller of course. With the wheel I use there are several buttons within reach of both my thumbs. Also the key is in the word option. Default would be push to turn on and push again to turn off. Don't like my option ? Don't turn it on ;)

4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

well, but if you steer and try to hold the button at the same time ? .. I mean yes, it's doable, but is it comfortable ? .. further more, is that realistic ?

If there are buttons that do have this in real life, like I imagine flash to pass might be working in RL, by all means, do it in game in the same way
    of course nothing wrong with options, unless there is too many of them

5. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

the faster car makes headlight flash and the slow makes the flashing warning system in order to annoy the rapid :D;)

no I'm just joking, but that will increase in any case, the degree of realism

6. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

There's a "flash" button on the steering wheel for a reason, turn signals are too slow.

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

don't understand what you're saying ? nobody suggest to flash using turn signals ?

8. CTR69

CTR69 Racer

Flashing headlights is all that's needed in this aspect, Turn signals aren't (yet) worth the bother.

9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

turning signals are almost same important in endurance racing, and in track days events they are more important than flashing headlights
    plus you can flash headlights at this point already, so nothing really new there

10. First of all my apologies to Madsen. I thought (and still think) his request was unreasonable but I should not have
    written it like that.

I wrote that I haven't seen it in racing (even though I am a dedicated fan of Le Mans 24h). After all your comments
    I reviewed almost 4 hours of video footage on youtube and haven't found one single fragment where indicators are
    used. That doesn't mean it is not used at all but I seriously doubt that it is commonly used. There is a good reason
    for that: in most of the situations I came across, it would have been utterly confusing and downright dangerous. Apart
    from that, the difference in speed is such that you don't even have time to blink once and that LMP car has already
    blown by a while ago.

I have checked th VLN races. I have never seen them, not even on TV and my time is unfortunately limited so I just
    read some articles and saw 1 interview. There are 30 classes in 4 divisions with reports of more than 200 participating
    cars with more than 400 drivers driving everything from small legal street cars to ex-DTM cars. If you want to push
    realism to the degree where you implement indicators, you also need to implement a functioning car stereo.

But my opinion doesn't really matter. Your computer resources are limited and mixed classes in this scale required
    a *lot* of memory. Every time we tried to put together a mixed league or series with unique cars like F1, we ran into
    memory problems. And with the graphics in AC being more advanced than in rF and provided that the AC graphics
    memory requirements following the same logic as rF, it will be very difficult to run such series on a mainstream machine.

There was one other thought that crossed my mind : when you open the AC homepage, it will show you the add with
    the AC logo and the red ferrari. It shows the AC vision: "your racing simulator". First of all: that excludes trackdays.
    Secondly: That makes it remarkable that there are so many streetcars available and so few racing cars. It is a collapse
    of the concept and maybe it is not so strange that Madsen and I had completely different expectations.

11. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

indicators @ 19:07, 19:18, 20:10, 22:40, 23:01, 23:50, 24:02, 24:06, 26:33, 32:16, 32:25

12. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

very nice example video

nfsw55 likes this.
  13. Exactly: 11 cars out of approximately 70 cars use the blinkers. And now the real issue:
    how many off you are going to setup a VLN server with all the BMWs, Porsches, Renault
    Clio's, Ford Fiesta, Corsa's and all the other models I saw flying by ?

14. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

When the Nurb is released we will have a "Track Day" server...

15. How is that different from an open practice server ?

16. nfsw55

nfsw55 Hardcore Simmer

On some parts of the track it isn't necessary to use your indicator (for example long straights), but on corners and chicanes it is really useful.

17. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

What difference does that make?
    What's wrong with having tools to help avoid collisions (indicators)?
    It's unlikely it will be implemented but we can but hope for things like this to make the game better.

Bolibompa and Madsen like this.
  18. Regarding the issue of people leaving any potential turn signals on, and how to resolve this, isn't that big of a deal I don't think. Euro Truck Simulator 2 currently has a turn signal that automatically turns off after the wheel has been rotated in the direction of the turn and then back in the opposite direction.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  19. DEChengst

DEChengst Racer

It's not meant to be comfortable. It's meant to remind you to turn of the blinkers. At little bit of discomfort will help there.

Nope, but nor is pushing a button to turn on the blinkers and pushing the same button again to turn them off, as in most cars you use the levers behind the wheel to operate them. Assetto Corsa of course is as sim, but at the same time it's still a game meant to be fun. In my opinion that means you sometimes compromise a bit of realism for ease of use.

20. Madsen

Madsen Hardcore Simmer

that's true but you have to turn the wheel at least 180 degress which is not the case on most parts on the nordschleife ;)