1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Weekly challenge 2 - 3rd March till 9th March - Z4 GT3 Monza

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Paul Davidson, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

Hello, can you tell me what is the group name?

It´s just to be part of it.

Thanks!

2. sherpa25

sherpa25 Hardcore Simmer

There's no specific group. Minimum is to just add @Paul Davidson to your steam friends as he's the one who sets up the challenges and collates results through the in-game Friends Leaderboard app.. Then you can also add participants here (and I think from the other 'weekly challenge' thread) to your friends list if you wish to see them too in the same app during hot lap.

3. Managed a 1:49.952.....don't like driving this car very much....

sherpa25 likes this.
  4. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Oh nice challenges. Maybe I participate in the next one. For this lovely combo it's too late for me^^

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

5. well done! I couldn't break 1:53.

You have roughly 8 hours to get a good time on the board...and tbh, it won't take much to beat me :) I only get around 10-20 laps over the course of a week :)

6. sketchyterry

sketchyterry Simracer

I tried to beat my PB yesterday. Could barely get within one second of it :( I was wondering if tiredness was coming into it though but i think thats my wishful thinking. I will carry on dreaming of a sub 1.50 hahah

7. Bagsy

Bagsy Gamer

Cannot get lower than my current PB. I can see I could probably do it with Rigel's setup as it's much faster on the straights, but I struggle to keep it on the track on the Roggia Chicane. Bottomed out on talent I think. Think that's me done for this weeks challenge. Going out to enjoy the rare sunny weather in the UK and watch England vs Wales in the rugger!

8. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

I need to give up for now. 1:53:995 is the best I got in this short time.

9. This was, as you said, a lovely break from the F40 last time. I love how the Z4 responds and wiggles its hips under braking, even with my scrubby 360 controller :p

10. Sunny weather in the UK?? I'm obviously in the wrong part lol dull up in Scotland.

So, you've basically spent 5 minutes with the combo, and almost beat my time already :S

Now, what will the next challenge be...

11. BMASTER

BMASTER Hardcore Simmer

Weren't just 5 minutes. More like 15^^
    But with a week of training I'm sure a 1:51 would be possible for me

12. andyclegg1

andyclegg1 Gamer

I've been running on gamepad as suggested stability control more than 50% (80%) and traction control on. I already use automatic throttle blip. Done a 2.00.811. I'll turn these off of course if you want.
    Andy

13. touchdown42

touchdown42 Rookie

Well, at least the BMW was far more dependable with the brakes so i could improve over the week but after some fast rounds earlier this week i started to experiment with the setup and that led to generally slower lap times :(
    To have a fast lap you have to be exact in all the corners of the track and usually i miss at least one so i end up with lots of rounds with 1-2 sec slower than my PB, sigh ..
    I got my PB while running with disabled fuel consumption lots of laps in a row until i had the magic one where i hit all the corners with the more or less correct speed.
    What i found also is that it is easier to get a fast lap with the steering wheel locked to say 480°, with 900° i simply can't drive smooth enough around the first chicane.

You faster guys, can you drive those fast times constantly, say +/- 0.2 sec several laps in a row?
    And if not, by how much differ your typical laps?

And how do you take the important corners? Just by feel or do you brake early and watch the speed until you are exactly at the speed you want?

Looking forward when MP is available, i still hope that by watching real drivers you can learn a lot. I tried to improve my lap times by driving races with only one or two opponents and trying to mimic their line and speeds but i 'think' AI doesn't use the same physics than we do. Some moves simply looked strange and i still don't know how the same car with probably more fuel can accelerate much faster than my car. Perhaps that is a ability i simply don't possess ...

Until next week
    Frank

14. BenniS

BenniS Racer

I count me to the "faster" guys, although i am miles away from the real aliens out there.

Simple answer to your question: no, i do not drive fast laps arround my PB constantly. With this combo, i can drive constant laps arround 1.50.5, which is 1 sec slower than my PB. If i try to push really hard to hit my PB, i very often find myself off track :).

I take the important corners just by feel. Breakpoints are fix, but i do not watch my speed to figure out the turn in.

I started sim racing in November last year, so i have still very much to learn. What helped me very much to improve my lap times was to simply break earlier^^. At the beginning, i have just overdriven the car in every corner. Sacrificing entry speed for a good and clean exit shaved tons off my lap times. Using the whole road (as Rigel explained in this thread) is also very important to become faster.

15. Maranello46

Maranello46 Racer

In this car, the tyres wear down very quickly.

In my case, I can ride near to my PB the first 3 laps, after that it´s impossible.

I´ve been doing some races, and I have to run with medium tyres (7 laps), because with the soft tyres beyond the 3º lap it´s like drifting.

In Imola is easy to have some references:

1º chicane - Brake close to 150 m sign.
    2º chicane - Brake between the adv. bridge and the 100 m sign.
    3º chicane - Brake between the adv. bridge and before the 100 m sign.
    Last turn - Breake close to 100 m sign (you can brake after it).

16. Final standings uploaded to the first post...

Berserker223 and Maranello46 like this.