1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #44 - Under Pressure

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Aug 13, 2017.

1. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Looks like i cannot better my time Due to health conditions etc,i'm having to stop:mad::(.Hopefully it won't be too long before can i join in the fun again.
    I will keep an eye on what's going on though.
    Have fun everyone.:)

2. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Get well soon

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk

3. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1:50.957 - X1

[​IMG]

4. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

indeed get well soonish and in the mean time take care!

5. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Hope you get well soon

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

365gt and Cyberdyne systems like this.
  6. Luciano Micale

Luciano Micale Simracer

Ho guys,
    How do you let a 4wd car like this enter the turn?!?i see it has lots of understeer,any tip?!?

365gt, Cyberdyne systems and paul_wev like this.
  7. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Brake at the right time so that the weight of the car transfers to the front just before and as you turn, is what I would hazard a guess at? Normally works for me, and make sure your front suspension and damper compression isn't to stiff or maybe speed up the rear extension damping?

T300rs , t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

365gt and Cyberdyne systems like this.
  8. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 1:50:566 - PC -Dualshock 4 - No TC

[​IMG]

Probably you need less speed on corner entry, try to stay more close to the apex and wait a bit when opening the gas, and on corner exit you will have more road for manage the understeer and gain more time with a good exit speed; in pratica non farti prendere dalla frenesia di accelerare subito, aspetta fino a quando valuti che riesci ad avere margine in uscita di curva e poi spalanca il gas cercando di contenere comunque la potenza e senza perdere troppo grip

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    365gt, Graveltrap, Julian2711 and 4 others like this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Ignoring setup as I'm not good with that stuff but in terms of driving there isn't a huge amount you can do for entry IMO, slow down as much as is necessary to get the thing turned in. You could play around with your braking, if your still braking really heavily close to entry it might increase the issue. Maybe try trail or cadence braking as you near the corner.

In short, try not to brake too late.

365gt, StyleF1re, Graveltrap and 2 others like this.
  10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1:50.942 - X1

[​IMG]

Gutted!! I Slowed down too much on the last corner again

365gt, StyleF1re, F1415182235 and 6 others like this.
  11. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The Scandinavian flick works wonders ;) :p

Just to echo what the other guys are saying, slow down a bit more and brake a bit earlier.

Setup wise, this car has very little to change, you can try to add some toe out to the front (minus figure in the left window of the setup screen) that should help with turn in.

Usual practice with road cars in Assetto Corsa is to max front camber out. The adjustment range is most likely less than the tyre really needs.

If the information I have is correct a good start point for pressure is 34 front, 35 rear (hot).

Cyberdyne systems, paul_wev and 365gt like this.
  12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Day 6, a busier track...Than yesterday...

Not a whole lot to report today, a few PB's and one new entry. We now have 26 drivers on the board.

I think from this week forwards, I will only make a leaderboard when we move onto a new page in the thread, it seems a little daft to have 3 update posts on one page....

Current Standings
    1. 1:49.362 - andy-riches - PC
    2. 1:49.553 - kR1_S - PC
    3. 1:49.645 - V8_KB - PC
    4. 1:49.806 - onepueblo - PS4
    5. 1:49.944 - local_man1234 - PS4
    6. 1:49.962 - Daniel Perez - PC
    7. 1:50.055 - F1415182235 - X1
    8. 1:50.380 - Graveltrap - PS4
    9. 1:50.566 - Fab85 - PC
    10. 1:50.927 - Michael Hornbuckle -PC
    11. 1:50.942 - Lewisxbone -X1
    12. 1:50.956 - Pretend racer - PC
    13. 1:51.588 - DonZmeuheu - PS4
    14. 1:51.528 - Epistolarius - PC
    15. 1:52.632 - Laughing Gravy -PS4
    16. 1:52.706 - sissydriver - PC
    17. 1:52.779 - 365gt - PS4
    18. 1:52.946 - moodyryder- PS4
    19. 1:52.976 - Justray2000 - PC
    20. 1:53.210 - Exit-Speed_ftw - PS4
    21. 1:53.290 - Glitterchebs - X1
    22. 1:54.199 - eSEA One - PC
    23. 1:55.405 - Gurkensepp - X1
    24. 1:55.974 - Cyberdyne systems - X1
    25. 1:56.441 - StyleF1re - PS4
    26. 1:57.600 - flyingcarrot - PS4

13. onepueblo

onepueblo Simracer

:) thank you, it's a guitarist called Andy Mckee.

Love to all here

BrainsBush likes this.
  14. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

1:53.834 PS G29 M
    rps20170820_104831.jpg
    Loose unit, this one. Likes a slide at both ends.:eek:

15. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

1:54.600 (Improvement)/ PS4

Assetto Corsa_7.jpg

I really feel defeated by this challenge. Usually I don't cave in, but this was once instance where I really couldn't come up with anything after numerous attempts. Nothing better than a 1:55 for the entirety of my hour-plus Saturday session. Found myself locking up a lot or braking too late (ABS off), which was excruciating to say the least. Or if not that, I would lose too much speed braking early and have no momentum to carry through corners. Quickly lost count of how many times I went straight into a barrier/rail on exits too.

That said, not going to make excuses for my performance here. Mad respect to everyone else putting down times and hopefully I'll be back for the next challenge! But yeah, going to need some kind of medicine, figuratively-speaking, for the time being. Initiating and controlling drifts (to an extent) was thrilling, but the feeling was short-lived once the ghost slipped on by.

16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1:51,906 improvement PC

1 51 906 44.JPG

after endless attempts with only frustration i focused this morning on early breaking and clean driving. and yes! i can improve :)

dunno if i can go faster but after the frustration now its again fun to drive. :p

17. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Many thanks:)

Cyberdyne systems and Lewisxbone like this.
  18. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Many thanks:)

Cyberdyne systems and Lewisxbone like this.
  19. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Many thanks.:)

20. Ah, don't think I can improve much more at all so here's my time :)
    PS4, 1.55.953
    [​IMG]

PS: Get well soon 365gt :)