1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #5 - Small But Wicked

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Welcome to the thread for the weekly hotlap #5 - Small But Wicked

The Challenge.
    Car: Abarth 500 Assetto Corse
    Track: Silverstone International

[​IMG]

So something new a front wheel drive race car, lift off oversteer is the order of the day, luckily with this sort of car its pretty easy to catch, just nail the throttle to the floor! You have adjustable suspension once again so plenty to fiddle with but tyre choice is limited to hard slicks.

A shortened version of Silverstone seemed to be the best fit, and it seemed to get some love in the #3 thread.

This combination is also an online server for console players, so developing the car here may help with some proper racing, it may be fun to try and populate a server at some point during the week ;)

The Rules.
    Time of day: Free
    Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees
    Setup: Free
    Controller: Free
    Assists: Factory

The Deadline.
    Sunday November 6th - 22:00 GMT < Extra hour here

How to take part!
    To enter simply head into the game select Drive > Hotlap choose the Abarth 500 Assetto Corse and head to Silverstone International. Make sure you setup the session using the settings detailed in this thread and hit the track!

You can run as many laps as you like and update your times as often as you like, its simple :)

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread.

All Platforms are welcome, please let us know what you are using when submitting a time.

Feel free to post video clips and share information in here as well, but without the session screen your time will not be included.

A leader board will be collated on a daily basis to keep everyone upto date on where they currently stand...Unfortunately editing of posts gets locked on this forum so this post will not be updated.

Feel free to use the unofficial leader board but remember you still need to include the session screen in this thread to be included in the results.

Good luck and have fun ;) :)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. I'm liking the car and track choice, can't wait to have a go tonight:cool:

Larryf1951 and Graveltrap like this.
  4. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

This is one of my worst tracks to be completely honest, so I look forward to learning it over the week! :cool:

1:19.423 on RSR, but not many runners so lets see what we can do!

Graveltrap likes this.
  5. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

1:22.954[​IMG]

T300rs, t3pa, th8a, ps vr

6. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Guys, I need to start the suggestions early this week as I won't be at home for the close of this event or the start of the next. I am looking to ramp things up again for #6 so a super / hyper / stupid fast car required on a longer circuit...

Still sticking with console base game content for the time being! I may be persuaded into one of the 3 cars from the performance pack if everyone has access to it...

:) :) :)

That time won't last long for sure! Not a fan of this variation either, much prefer the full GP circuit, but would of been a pretty long lap...'The link' as it is called feels wrong for some reason, it is also going to be important as it leads to the Hanger straight!

HavanaB0B likes this.
  7. HavanaB0B

It feels so strange not running the GP layout but with the lack of speed this thing has I'm glad we aren't. For next week how about the P1 at Spa ;)

paul_wev likes this.
  8. HecticZA

HecticZA Racer

Not sure I will be able to post another time for the next week or maybe two weeks.

12 L fuel and coast set to 60
    PS4 / G29

1:22.069

20161031_105554.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Suggestion for next week : McLaren F1 GTR @ Zandvoort

10. Kembro

Kembro Hardcore Simmer

rps20161031_203657.jpg
    1.21:963
    PS4, G29
    Look forward to seeing what tunes people come up with, along with how fast the aliens hussle an Abarth.

11. HavanaB0B

Got a lap in real quick, probably won't get another until Thursday or Friday.
    Time - 1:19.160
    Xbox 1 - Controller

WHC Week 5.png

12. Julian2711

Julian2711 Hardcore Simmer

1:19.378

20161031_134259-1600x900.jpg
    PS, wheel

Setup:
    Brake bias 73
    Fuel 5
    Rear wing 0
    Differential 45/60
    Pressure 27f/26r
    Camber -2.8f/-1.4r
    Toe 4f/12r
    Height 8f/16r
    ARB 3f/7r

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  13. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

Ohh, can't wait to try this one out

Larryf1951 likes this.
  14. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

First attempt : 1:20.449

[​IMG]

15. My first attempt with Julian's setup (cheers btw, feels pretty good): 1.21.214
    [​IMG]

16. [​IMG] First try, I'm going to play with the rear TP. Seems so much lower than the front.

Hammerpgh, Tomcul, Graveltrap and 3 others like this.
  17. Marcel79

Marcel79 Racer

20161031195048_1.jpg

1:20:359 Pc

18. Duster24

Duster24 Simracer

20161031_131306.jpg 1:24.699. still have work to do. lol. think I hit on how to drive this understeering log tho, run Outta time at lunch to find out for sure.

19. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

Its a odd little ducky.
    I got 1:23.993 after a couple adjustments. May tweak the settings s bit more. IMG_20161031_154147.jpg

20. BobTheDog

BobTheDog Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the video Bob, very useful.

Was that a standard setup?