1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #68: Mad, bad and dangerous to know.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by moodyryder, Feb 12, 2018.

1. iannixxenakis

iannixxenakis Hardcore Simmer

Screenshot_20180213-200013.jpg

9:11.156

I got one lap in and had to drive quietly so I don't wake up kids sleeping downstairs (can't drive manual shift cars at night as it's too clunky and loud).

Couldn't really drive the car hard as my foot stamping and gear shifts get me in too much trouble with my other half.

Probably stopped me from crashing though :)

All RSR Pro settings, no assists and manual box etc.

Posting the Pro RSR lap time as that should confirm it was 26deg.

Hope I get a chance during the day before the deadline to put in some proper laps.

Hammerpgh, DonZmeuheu, olevet and 3 others like this.
  2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So much for the significance of RSR... ;)

3. iannixxenakis

I wasn't sure how to post a screen from AC that showed the lap time and the track temp, so used RSR.

Shame its closing down very soon.

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No pun at you was ment, I just mean it is not very accurate when looking for WR times. Just look at V8’s time...
    RSR used to be quite good, but then all aliens left. And we were left with mediocre times displayed as world records. Nah, it’s good the service ends.

5. iannixxenakis

The screengrab are the top 2 Pro times with the correct shifter.

There are some faster times by non-Pros (cheats, cough) on there ;-)

I'm guessing it's being used less now people know its closing down.

Wish some other leaderboard could take over from RSR.

If the aliens want to play somewhere else that's up to them.

6. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Tuesday 21:40 UK

Nordschleife Endurance

1 - 8:39.439 V8_KB pc
    2 - 8:56.775 Ace Pumpkin pc
    3 - 8:59.787 Lewisxbone xb1
    4 - 9:00.553 Devas2609 xb1
    5 - 9:05.186 LaughingGravy ps4
    6 - 9:10.442 StyleF1re ps4
    7 - 9:11.156 iannixxenakis pc
    8 - 9:11.836 Hugo Catarino ps4
    9 - 9:14.128 FRITZZZ pc
    10-9:27.462 Justray2000 pc

Highlands

1 - 2:19.090 Lewisxbone xb1
    2 - 2:19.384 svenvangent ps4
    3 - 2:20.258 the3ws ps4
    4 - 2:24.330 Hugo Catarino ps4

Early days. V8_KB throws down the gauntlet. Can anyone pick up the challenge?

Not much action in the Glen yet but plenty of time left. Lewisxbone in pole position at the moment.

----

A little advance notice; these shall be the final WHL challenges I shall post. I haven't been playing AC very much recently as I've been returning to my gaming roots on MotoGP.

With the imminent release of "TT : Ride on the Edge" the motorcycle gaming community has begun to wake up. It's time for me to go back.

It has been a great pleasure putting these challenges together for these last few weeks; some successful, others less so but always some great laps performed by some very gifted people.

Hopefully someone can carry on Graveltrap's legacy and maintain the WHL. There's a great core group of players and it's sometimes supplemented by the odd alien who drops in for a visit. :)

With the new cars just released for consoles there are quite a few interesting possible combinations; and of course there's Laguna Seca too.

-----

Anyway, still plenty of time left for the 917K. I might even have to give it one last try myself..

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  7. Devas2609

Devas2609 Simracer

Finally I could manage to do a complete lap! That is definitely not a car - it's more like a tank!

Not sure if I can fall in love with this car

Did a 9:00.553 - xb1[​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

8. Devas2609

Devas2609 Simracer

Improvement
    8:58.153

That's gonna be a tough week! I need like 10 attempts for one full lap! [​IMG]

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

9. iannixxenakis

Re the 917, it's got one of the best cockpits of any car imo.

Great central driving position and the wheel arches look cool.

Shame about the vintage brakes though ;-)

10. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

2.45.272 xbox one. Well, this is a twitchy one lol. This much speed and old brakes, even goes flying off bumps! Great to drive though.

Tried Nords and got to corner after long straight, almost finished and off track I go. So annoying. Will try again. [​IMG]

Sent from my Y6 Max using Tapatalk

11. flyingcarrot

flyingcarrot Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for all your efforts since Graveltrap left, really appreciate your hard work and picking great combinations. Had fun. Good luck with the bikes.

Sent from my Y6 Max using Tapatalk

12. iannixxenakis

Some 917 inspiration.

13. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

For those on twitter have a look at legenda Gijs van Lennep who raced and won a lot of races together with Helmut Marko in a 917K

e.g:
    Gijs van Lennep.png

14. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

9:02.728
    upload_2018-2-14_10-56-35.jpeg

Hallelujah!! I finally made it around.

15. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

@moodyryder just wanna say a big thanks to you for allowing us to carry on with the WhL after graveltrap for this long.
    You have both give us outstanding combos and the amount of work and time that’s been put in for us all is highly appreciated. Cheers fella!!
    Ps looking forward to the TT game myself. Was watching some footage the other week and even yesterday it looks really good.

16. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Moodyryder, like others have already said, a big thanks for all the time and effort you have put in with the challenges.

17. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

@moodyryder thank you very much for your hard work!you were a great host and you did a fantastic job :)

18. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

Thx Moody for your tremendous effort! And keep the rubber under also on a virtual two wheeler

19. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 9:00.396
    upload_2018-2-14_16-3-52.jpeg

20. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 2:20.014
    upload_2018-2-14_16-5-3.jpeg