1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 184 - Drifters Duel

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Jun 20, 2020.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

@Pretend racer nice improvement. I went for camber to be around -2 front/back in real time, which should be good for max grip overall. Besides, I reduced front damper settings to give more grip. For the rest I left it stock and just used my right foot to control the slip of the wheels to help me through the turn.

@Totall Wrytoff E30 - what a car. Really great sharing your personal story. They are really good handling cars and there is a reason why they are so expensive now - classic! Always wanted to take a ride in it myself.
    For ACC, well 30 is unplayable for me. It should be 50 min. And the bouncing looks really bad, they really need to fix it and I assume they will.

2. Without wanting to hijack Pretend racer's excellent WHC, you do get more used to ACC as you play.
    Having done quite a bit on ACC, I did a few laps around Silverstone in the 2015 Macca 650 in ACC, then switched to the same car in AC.
    AC is so much crisper and clearer. No contest in the graphics. But I had to ratchet back the 29 deg FOV after using ACC. I settled at 42deg in AC.
    ACC for console requires perseverance. It will be tricky to switch between the two games too.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ - Sorry, I had the E90, 4 door version of the E92.... Still good, but not quite that good....:D;)
    Gutted!:p

But as I said earlier, in fact LadyTW has the best story of that car. I will share it.:)

3. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Exactly my thoughts. Sure, the more you play the better you will get. The camera settings in ACC are fine, you need to spend some time to tune it to your liking but it does the job. But yeah, the GT3 cars just feel so different in AC you must start from the beginning with everything in ACC. I have spent only 10h in ACC and you really need to decide for one title to focus and improve on.

4. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff I've heard that the ACC tire physics basically allow only 1 driving style. Have you noticed that yet?

Pretend racer likes this.
  5. Not sure what you mean. What you say sounds way too sophisticated for the game.
    It does allow a complete lack of driving style, I can tell you that.:D

There is nothing like the "feel" we have in AC, it is much more like GT6 was.

I did two 16 lap races last night (there is only a dry compound or wet compound) and by lap 12 it felt like the tyres were going off. But I haven't got the tyre HUD up so I'm not sure.

Either way, I'm being disqualified at the end of every race, just as the race engineer is congratulating me.
    I've absolutely no idea why....

Pretend racer and P308R like this.
  6. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Do you pit at least once during the race? I thought in GT3 a pitstop was mandatory.

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  7. Yup, I pitted each race.

8. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

A true mystery then......o_O

Pretend racer and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  9. :D No mystery... it's a bug!

10. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

That happened to me a couple of times. From memory I think you need to add some fuel during your stop (I think it only needs to be 1 litre) and that should fix the problem.

11. HandyAndy1962

Improvement
    HandyAndy1962
    2:11:995
    E92
    PC

The E92 feels more stable but it still took me a few laps to actually post an improvement.

Attached Files:

12. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Good grief guys,I was hoping ACDC,ooops:p ACC might have been something of a relevation but from what i've read so far it doesn't sound too clever.I'm hoping to be back soon but i fear i'll be starting from the back again.Anyway, a big like to all the posts,see you guys and MrsTW soon;)

13. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

Midweek Standings

BMW e30
    1. GoodGame.eXistenz 2:05:797 PC
    2. pretend racer 2.06.371 PC
    3. Bastian Boillot 2:09:468 PS4
    4. Alexis_RS_MKII 2.09.741 PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff 2.11.912 PS4
    6. HandyAndy1962 2:13:563 PC

BMW e92
    1. GoodGame.eXistenz 2:06:988 PC
    2. pretend racer 2.07.489 PC
    3. Bastian Boillot 2:10:069 PS4
    4. HandyAndy1962 2:11:995 PC
    5. Totall Wrytoff 2.12.236 PS4

Goodgame claims the top spot with minimal setup changes in both cars. I wonder how much faster he would be if he spent time on his setup?
    Pretend racer sneaks into second place with his customized setup that provided a 2 second improvement in the e30 and a 1 second improvement in the e92
    Bastion has been steadily coming to grips with the lack of grip on track and the improvements have been dramatic
    Handyandy seems to prefer the e92 over the e30, plenty of time left in this WHC to change his mind though!
    Total Wrytoff may have been distracted with the disappointing launch of ACC
    Alexis dropped in with a solid time in the e30, what will he be able to do in the e92? Inquiring minds want to know!

P308R, Totall Wrytoff and Neilski like this.
  14. Neilski

Neilski Alien

On the ACC pit-stop thing: I haven't been using it much on my PC, but if the bug is the same on the consoles, it's apparently super-easy to have your pit stop "not count" if you don't try very hard to be in the "fast" pit lane well before the exit... The recipe to address this (clear bug) appears to be to exit your pit box and immediately pull into the fast lane (i.e. nearest the track) and then stay there until you reach the pit exit.

15. HandyAndy1962

That’s a new one on me. If you’re correct then it makes things very difficult for whoever has the last pit box before the pit exit as they might not even get into the fast lane.
    I’ve not raced online & only done some of the career mode. I’ve not had a problem when the race requires just one pit stop, instead I got disqualified at the end of a race that required 2 pit stops for all 3 teammates to drive. I redid the race & the same thing happened so I gave up & moved on to the next race. When I googled the problem people were saying add fuel in the pit stop which I did at the next race and the one after that & I got to the end without any problems. It’s a few weeks since I did a race requiring 2 pit stops. My next race is something stupid like 8 hours (last was 2 hours) so it’s not easy to find that much time to complete the race or for that matter find the stamina or will power.

16. :D
    Generous as ever @Neilski
    Sneaky feeling it might have been a "0 Litres" on the pit strategy.
    I set the car up in practice, but they didn't carry across...:oops:

I do apologise Pr!:D It's been an emotional one.
    Back on topic from now on.:)

Pretend racer, P308R and Neilski like this.
  17. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Yes, people have said that about this issue, indeed. I try hard to avoid the need for pit stops so it hasn't actually bitten me ;)

18. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Ok, I tried the e92 and I am a little bit slower. Definitely not the same racing experience for me on this car... but I reach the temporary 3rd position and this is the first time so I am happy.

No doubt that @P308R reaction is not going to be delayed... Even more after the next post ;)

Alexis_RS_MKII
    BMW M3 e92 drift
    PC

whc_184_2.png

19. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Alexis_RS_MKII
    BMW M3 e92 drift
    Improvement
    PC

I was SOOO close to be in the 2.08.xxx :mad:. I'll keep trying
    Another 3rd position, so the second first time :D

Could we close this weekly challenge now plz? :rolleyes:

whc_184_1.png

20. :D
    This request has come before in WHC history.
    It is now named after the first player to request such leniency early in the week.
    It is called a "Neilski." :)

Historically, (and I have also applied unsuccessfully for a Neilski,) one has never, ever been granted.:rolleyes::D