1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 216 – At opposite ends of the frenetic scale

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 27, 2021.

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

I run 33° FOV sitting 50-60cm away from my screen. For the videos I use 39°.
    I could not drive anymore using FOV above 40. Some people drive with a high FOV as they are used to it, but I think in the long run a good FOV is a lot less stress for your eyes & concentration. Plus a correct FOV allows you to focus a lot better on corner entry points etc, so I believe it is faster once you get used to a low FOV. But there is no best FOV...it's still user preference.

2. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    SFR_rallimoilane
    01:57.579
    Ps4

PS_App_20210302_095939.jpeg

3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

I've learned a lot today. Thanks

4. Welcome back @local_man1234 !

One of the early players (WHC 12?) has returned, but now on ACC!:)

My FOV is 29 degrees. Took a bit of adjusting to, but it is so much better.
    If the view out is bad, I might go to 33. My 42in screen is about 1m away.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
  5. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

I dropped my FOV from 55 to 50. I use the cam that just shows the motec for maximum visibility out without the weird atretched view that i feel the helmet cam gives.

I might drop it later but its definitely an adjustment

6. Weekly Hotlap Challenge 216
    Midweek Standings

Assetto Corsa Hotlap
    Alfa Romeo 4C at Laguna Seca

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 1:37:520 PC
    2. BenBB - 1:38:415 PC
    3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo - 1.40.869 Xbox
    4. Total Wrytoff - 1.40.932 PS4
    5. Rod100 - 1.42.493 Xb1
    6. Laughing Gravy - 1.43.149 PS4
    7. Jimmy_3226 - 1:43.360 PS4

Assetto Corsa Competizione Hotlap
    Bentley Continental GT3 '15 at the Nurburgring

1. SlowGrayAudi - 1:56.322 PC
    2. SFR_rallimoilane - 1:57.579 Ps4
    3. TinPeach - 1:58.434 XSX

Thanks to @GoodGame.eXistenZ for sharing the video of his amazingly smooth and un-hurried lap around Laguna Seca. Time for us all to review it and find another second.
    Excitingly, :), @Benoit Boyadjis suggests he may have a chance for P1 this week! Wow! 9/10ths is all....
    @Emmanuel Tubbiolo takes provisional P3, but there will be comebacks. I hope.:D

At the Nurburgring @SlowGrayAudi is looking good! The rig and PC construction is Mercedes AMG Petronas standard, he is 1.2 seconds up! Great to see @local_man1234 (SFR_rallimoilane) make a return, I'm not sure how long it has been...
    And congrats to @TinPeach for fighting through the pain to post, that's the WHC spirit!

7. local_man1234

local_man1234 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for the nice words all! Tried Alfa in AC but i was so off with it. Its been a while since been in a road going car. Maybe i take a look on @GoodGame.eXistenZ vid and have another try.

8. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

You are too kind!

9. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    1:42.065
    XSX
    Well, doped up to my eyeballs so thought why not, a couple of laps on AC which I haven’t been on for so long - really good fun!

Attached Files:

10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Improvement
    AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Crazy. After setting up my FOV at 39 degrees I realised in the FOV calculator that bellow the value they give you there there is an AC value. Even lower. I had to settle at 30 degrees. So far from what I was doing since I started sim racing. Well I am new man today... I discovered what it's all about. It's so so good. I feel like I'm in my car now. Not sure what is the best seat position yet. I still want to be able to look a bit out of the side windows but maybe not needed. A whole new world for me lads. Still no ACC but it's ok...

Attached Files:

11. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

The calculator for my seating position says 18 degrees for AC, on console it only goes as low as 29??

SlowGrayAudi and Totall Wrytoff like this.
  12. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

I had the same problem. I tried 29 but when I pressed the accelerator the screen went black... I know... so weird. Didn't happened at 30. I think try that already as it should be enough.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  13. You probably need to try to move (your head) closer to the screen. The closest I can get, because the TV is against the wall and I need room for my legs, is 1 metre, so with a 42inch screen that just makes it to 29 Degrees on the calculator.
    Or, you can buy a much bigger screen!:D

That is your "virtual head" disappearing back into the headrest as you accelerate. Your need to move your FOV forward a bit towards the steering wheel.:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo likes this.
  14. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Cool

15. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-3-5_15-44-25.png
    Up by 4/10ths but it's not quite enough. :D
    I have changed to 10C, so the tyres weren't at the right pressures for this run.

16. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

17. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

I did 2 emoji laughing heads but it didn't work...

18. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    1:57:567
    PC

Never liked this track, never will...far to easy to overdrive the car for my liking, I'll be very happy if I can wrestle this beast round in a 1:56 at some point....

ACC WHC Header.PNG

19. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

And now use the fixed cockpit cam : ) Side mirrors are not really necessary @ thath FOV. For that you would need at least a 32:9 or tripple screen anyway :)

20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    TinPeach
    1:41.318
    XSX
    Still stock setup and pressures as I can’t drive long enough to work out what I want to do - but I do like this car and track, great fun.

Attached Files: