1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

When mclaren ruled the world – the f1 gtr

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Alexandre Martini, Mar 13, 2015.

1. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I would adore a road version :)

2. ...as long as it's the proper F1, and not that Longtail version.

Robin_NL likes this.
  3. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Thanks for sharing, great vid of the greatest streetlegal sportscar in history.

I stopped watching after about 8mins, because the subject was changing to some flat powerful Prius or something. j/k.
    I just watched Henry Catchpole's hair standing more straight up the longer he was driving the F1 LOL.

Cheers
    Robin

p3dr0maz likes this.
  4. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Interesting stuff about setup/tyrechoice of the F1 GTR and understeer(...) in the longer bends @ Anderstorp.

Cheers
    Robin

mESCx and Kristaps like this.
  5. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

i wish we had more adjust-ability with our car.

Robin_NL likes this.
  6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Kunos needs to get licence for the regular F1, I would pay for this car alone.
    F1 would be epic competitor for the std F40, faster in the straights, but slower everywhere else:D Imagine how sketchy it would be to drive, even more powerful engine then GTR's, street 90' tires (The McLaren F1 uses 235/45ZR17 front tires and 315/45ZR17 rear tires) with less grip then F40 (245-40 ZR 17 / 335-35 ZR 17), a tad bit more heavy 1,138kg vs F40 - 1100kg, and with much more road oriented 'boat like' suspensions

edit: and the F1 LM with 680Hp + street tires / semi's as the S1 option

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    DrSmile, victor86, yusupov and 2 others like this.
  7. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Exactly. Diff, chassis, gearing a tad more choices(though the torquey engine doesn't need it really) . And tbh I find the car @ Nordschleife Endurance fantastic(on old/slow tarmac vs 7 other AI GTRs) but rather understeery on softs. Happilly ehe have that right pedal to sort things out.

This is onboard @ Anderstorp, > 50 seconds he catches a nice slide. Carreermode AC: Passed:)

Cheers
    Robin

8. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

And no turbolag at all. Though I'm a big big F40 and 288 Evoluzione fan(see avatar) I see the Macca F1 win that comparison.
    Because we already 'know' the AC F40 (S3) which has a throttle like an On/Off switch more or less.

Cheers
    Robin

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  9. Robin_NL

Robin_NL Alien

Exactly, we need to get rid of the bloody airrestrictor and get >500rpms more out of that engine, we're now reving to redline just 7500rpm.
    We NEED 680BHP@ >8000. Kunos please.;)

Thank you.

Cheers
    Robin

yusupov and Kristaps like this.
  10. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Would be interesting battle for sure!

After seeing that EVO film, I been testing F1 GTR against various cars, P1, LaF (no hope here, since KS put them on slicks) and F40S3 (F1 only loosing one really long straights, everywhere else it's faster, but that would be expected, because F40S3 is just a street car with more power, sticky tires and no downforce)

11. TomTrick

TomTrick Gamer

I've been doing about 200 laps so far this week around Silverstone with this marvel. We're using it for our weekly race in my league, so I'll probably be doing 200 more laps or so until sunday :)
    I love the car now that I have somewhat learned to drive it properly. Most of our guys are topping RSR for this combo this week, just check the leaderboard for Swedish flags (blue and yellow cross) :).
    Me? I'm about 3s behind the WR so a bit to go before I tame this beast!

TAM Spencer and Kristaps like this.
  12. Whilst we're on the subject of tyres, I would also love to see a semislicks option for the Ferrari 458 S3.

13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Messy lap with fresh and cold rubber, but somehow managed to grab the WR:D

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    sherpa25 and Robin_NL like this.
  14. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

15. TAM Spencer

TAM Spencer Simracer

There are still cars from the DLC i havent even turned a wheel in ! we set our server up for the Mclaren GTR @ Silverstone last night, first time for all of us in this car/track combo, we had tried it once at Spa the night before, im falling in love with it atm so much fun, it also does all the things it was reported to do in real life, like high speed understeer and low speed oversteer, very impressed with it.

P.S. you got a bit further to go for that WR now ;)

16. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Robin_NL likes this.
  17. Vampire

Vampire Alien

This is currently my fav car in AC - easily! I used to roll around in the C9 a lot, but this car just feels so much more 'mechanical', and you really need to keep ahead of it handling-wise which I like. The sound is very well done too - love it. Been running it around the 'ring a lot and can't stop..only thing that brings me into the pits is the fuel light lol.

Well Done Kunos! :cool:

18. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

Epic car but I almost never drive it in AC.No metter how much I play with setup/camber I cant get that quick tirn in:(Steering feels too undirect and that put me off:(

19. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Ah ok - well that is a shame because you are mnissing out on an amazing car once you 'get to grips' with it. I find you do have to be quite 'positive' with your tune-in, particularly at the 'ring! But remember also that even though it is a race car, the suspension is road-car based at the end of the day, and it is gettiing fairly long in the tooth also. So don't expect razor-sharp steering like the modern race cars.

Just another thing that makes driving it on the limit that much more rewarding! ;)

20. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

I tried everything and just cant setup it to suit my drivin style.I have my own setup for every car I drive and on almost every car I had to give it some negative camber on front also adjust front tyres and downforce but on F1 I cant adjust it like I want.I guess its not for me lol.Also on straights I move wheel left-right and car still goes straight thats unrealistic and bad to me...