1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Which 3TB internal hdd to buy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Michele Papis, Jul 9, 2017.

1. I'm keeping my wd black 1tb for games only but I need more space into my pc.
    I'm looking for a new 3.5" standard hard drive and I've choose the 3tb version according to size and value around 100€ for all different types. I use it for storage but also for keep my video editing folder and video files, working directly on this disk, so I think a 7200rpm version is better and Seagate barracuda is a good value with 64mb cache.
    But there are also wd red, purple, blue etc, excluding the green too slow. Is the red version really strong and stable during the years? Blue and red are still 5400rpm, but I cannot find a real comparison of the 3tb version, and I do not read the reviews of smaller disk because change plate numbers, and other specs.

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer ODE INTERNAL ERROR 1 !row1_norm_failed causes ALL clients to crash Oct 27, 2022
    Chit Chat Room telemetry_dump.act internal file estructure Feb 10, 2021
    Chit Chat Room BMW Z4 Internal Sound Aug 20, 2020
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to connect to server. "Internal error: Unexpected character encountered while parsing value" Apr 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room F5 Free Camera Internal Sound May 12, 2017
    Audio Bugs & Issues BMW E92 M3 internal audio popping / crackling Oct 26, 2016
    XBox One Discussions Xbox One Install HDD (Internal / External) Aug 28, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Maserati Levante internal sound. Just a suggestion for better immersion? Jul 15, 2016
    Sounds modding Replace internal with external sound (in cockpit)? Jul 12, 2016
    Suggestions F5 and F6 camera's: internal/external sound switch Jun 7, 2016
    Sounds modding F5 and F6 camera's: internal/external sound switch Jun 7, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues External F5 camera uses internal sounds Apr 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 1.3.4 fixed acserver corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses Oct 22, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Original car internal sounds not working Oct 17, 2015
    Audio Bugs & Issues Ferrari 458 internal sound Aug 23, 2015

3. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

3TB hard drive!! I've only got a 0.5TB and... would believe I could use more space??:p

What I had stumped on that I thought would not work is using two hard drives. What I mean is, running software off a hard drive that does not have the operating system without any performance loss.

The SSD was the little one mounted on the motherboard. Is that what you are doing? Sorry in advance if this is common knowledge but I didn't think it was possible.

Michele Papis likes this.
  4. Kroegtijger

Kroegtijger Racer

CamsX and AvGas like this.
  5. mms

mms Alien

Unfortunately these days buying hard drives is a lottery, I've used Seagates for ages without issues, but I read lots of horror stories from people using Seagate, WD, Hitachi or name it... If you're going to keep important data on them just make sure they are backed up on a regular basis.

6. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

Userbenchmark is a great source of information to compare PC hardware. I use it a lot to compare my systems and plan upgrades.

Here is a quick comparison between a WD Red and Black 3TB:

http://hdd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/WD-Red-3TB-2012-vs-WD-Black-3TB-2013/1386vsm5002

Their numbers are based on tests run by their users. You can download their little bench software and see how your components measure-up against other users with the same hardware. They have only performance info though (no reliability metrics).

Michele Papis and AvGas like this.
  7. Thanks guys, BTW a 3tb black cost double of a blue or barracuda here. I m using a black just for games and it's fine, but a cheap 1tb version.
    So, not considering anymore a black, purple or red, the blue is just 5400rpm, I think slow for a video editing disk. The barracuda is 7200rpm but don't know the reliability. Any other good 7200rpm disk I don't know? :)

Inviato dal mio F5121 utilizzando Tapatalk

8. CamsX

CamsX Racer

Only to chip in my 2 cents. As mms mentioned above, I also prefer Seagate drives for my personal computer, but from work experience in tech support all brands are subject to failure. Regarding drive speed, considering we live in an era dominated by SSDs, I would say that you don't really need a 7200rpm hdd anymore. Response compared to a 5400rpm one is negligible and the additional rpms will wear it down faster and generate more heat. We all like cars so this is simple to understand.

If you really need 3tb then read lots of reviews and go with your guts feeling. For work and performance your money would be better spent in a 500gb SSD. For peace of mind, you need to have a mirror (Raid 1) in your computer, so instead I would get 2 x 1tb and make them redundant.

Trust me, I lost 3tbs already with a NAS failure, 2 x 160gbs on a Raid 0 failure, and 1TB on another hdd I didn't back up in time, even after windows was giving me a heads up on the failing hdd. That's why I now have 2 x 3tbs mirrored.

Good luck!

Michele Papis and MrDeap like this.
  9. Richard793

Richard793 Gamer

Michele Papis likes this.
  10. The barracuda 3TB 7200rpm seems to be the best valued by the community ;) about performance mainly, on user benchmark try to compare it with a Black.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  11. I'm not buying an ssd because of space, I've already 2 full 1TB hard drives, I need space :D I need a 3TB, because I don't want to fill a 2TB soon. So that why I'm looking for a fast a reliable standard hdd ;) at least a bit faster than average. I've a 5400rpm green and it's really slow compared to the black 7200rpm while working on same files, also for transfer speed.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017