1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why AC is not a service?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Gabox01, Apr 6, 2014.

1. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I'm sure they will, but there are many people like me who live a chaotic life, I cant commit to a league, with iracing there are races every 30 mins so there's always something when you want it, If Assetto would just implement a safety rating like iracing then it would slowly work, I didn't believe in getting punished for accidents I didn't cause but now I get it, because if your clever and come last with no incidents your rating will improve then you can compete in different events, with other non *****s it's an absolute no brainer if you ask me. and if that would mean extra dev costs and staff I and many others I think would pay.

2. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

I disagree, I play a lot of games and would not be happy if they were to all charge large amounts of money each month in order for me to keep playing. I rarely spend more than £10 on a game, I made a special exception for AC because it looked very high quality, but I simply could not afford to fork out £40 a month for each of the 300 games in my steam account.

I miss the good'ol days where you would buy a game and that would be the end of it, no pushing for DLC or, as is now becoming the norm with AAA games, micro-transactions.

3. if AC moves to IR type of service paying a month fee i would leave AC

Darkkis likes this.
  4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

however if there was subscription fee for profesionaly organized MP , that's a different story

MrBungle likes this.
  5. Saliiim

Saliiim Racer

How would you police that?
    The system would have to either be very lapse to allow mini leagues or very strict to prevent professional leagues abusing the system.
    If it was the former, the professional leagues would simply not pay and claim to be amature leagues, and if were the latter people like myself would have to pay to host informal leagues among my group of friends.

Besides, I believe the ship has sailed.
    If they start charging a subscription fee for a game that I payed money for (under the impression from the dev that it was a one off payment) I would seek a refund. It would be false advertising and outright illegal.

6. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

if it was more like iracing, it means that it would have additional features , not available in standart MP, that's how they would justify the costs

it will be all on top of what we already have, in case it wasn't clear

MrBungle likes this.
  7. dauntless

dauntless Alien

For that it is probably better to get http://www.race2play.com/ into ac.

Rodrigo Pires likes this.
  8. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

I agree. The problem I have is that AC is moddable, which means waaaaaay too much choice, too many problems if you don't have a specific track or car. I would much prefer it to be controlled, knowing that everyone has the same cars/tracks. It will be just another sim with too many mods/tracks and servers with the community scattered. For me AC is now just something I fire up now and again for a bit of fun offline. Online doesn't interest me anymore, despite being excited about this sim at first. iRacing is definitely the place for online racing where everyone is on an equal par and no issues with mismatches or the like.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well...since I don`t now at the start of the month how much time will I have for racing, idea that I have to pay for month (or any other period of time) just to end up driving 2 times for 20 minutes or once a week and to have to pay additional money to try different car/track I may never ever drive again is not really appealing to me .. I could imagine that years ago as a student, not now ..

10. McNappa

McNappa Simracer

No no no no no no no no no no no no no paywall.

11. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

The proposition is not to ask people to pay more, but to ask people who want a better experience to pay more, I don't see how anyone could be mad with that. If it's an option that you don't want then it's no problem. Organised monitored and managed races with a safety rating system is the only way "I" can use this game. Not personally being interested in offline racing.

12. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

Agreed. If you like that payment model, then move to iRacing. It's bull**** payment model imo.

Btw I lol'd when someone compared iRacing payment model to MMORPGs. It's not even comparable. MMO offers you all the content for the game price + monthly fee. iRacing? As far as I know, you pay for everything seperately.

13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

it's all about if the extra features are worth it or not

it's same with DLC car/track, if it's not worth it, people won't buy it, but if it is, nobody would even question the price

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
  14. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

exactly... seems a very difficult concept to grasp, "optional"

15. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and what happend to good old having quality content and best experience for money we paid (yeah we don`t know what we paid for yet) without asking more money? running leagues and aditional stuff could be on players .. no need to put it on Kunos and making them charge more and more which will eventualy lead to switching to iRacing like money grabbing model (paying 12$ for 1 car and 15$ track is not OK..i`m not even mentioning thatyou can`t try it in advance) ... todays players are messed up with all that payed day one DLCs, blocked already made content at release and selling it latter and another "lets make more money" practics ...

16. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

It doesn't have to be Kunos. It could be another organization/company that uses AC as a platform. No additional content charges, just the organized/structured MP racing with races every 30 mins/hour for members, with safety and performance ratings.

MrBungle likes this.
  17. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Iracing is waay too expensive for me. Even if the multiplayer might be very good. I want at least the feeling that I 'own' any game. Assetto corsa is going to be updated for a long time, for free. We can't expect AC to have all the features Iracing has, while costing only €35.
    Sorry, but I hate those monthly fees, I'm not paying for a magazine, but a simgame!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    Darkkis likes this.
  18. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I think that the safety and skill rating is important in finding safe and competitive races, would that be possible I wonder?

And I would much rather pay monthly for Assetto corsa than Max Power! :D