1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why don't the fastest drivers upload vids on Youtube ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by magicaldog, Dec 19, 2013.

1. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

Maybe I am wrong but it's how I've always heard this rule being expressed, even by ex F1 drivers commentating on F1 etc.

2. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I actually had this discussion on another forum some time ago and one of the posters found the regulations and it said quite clearly that one wheel had to remain on the track at all time !

However I don't know if there is a difference between F1, GT etc etc

3. Bailey

Bailey Alien

FIA Regulations
    I guess we will never see rallycross style ramps :[
    ~Bailey

4. We are not bound by FIA rules.....we are bound by Kunos rules....Kunos says that kerbs are part of the track surface....

The Moose likes this.
  5. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Oh Really -where do they say that ?

6. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

But then fast drivers get accused of speeding up videos.. No wonder they dont upload videos.

Ive decided im not going to re-record my vid, why should i.. I uploaded the vid to help people out but i just get accused of speeding it up..

What would i have to gain by speeding it up? If you think its sped up then fair enough.. Do your own investigations andmake your own conclusions.

Freddie Seng and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  7. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

That's where they got it that at least one tyre has to be on the track within the white line at all times !

8. They said it no more than two days ago but I'm not searching all over these forums looking for it....if you need proof go to magione and see how far out on the grass you can get before your lap is invalidated.

9. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I guess if there are no timing clock it's open for questioning so it's always a good idea to have that in mind if you're about to upload a video !

10. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Like i said.. Make your own investigations and decide for yourself..

Just so you know, all apps where disabled for a cleaner vid..

If you want to watch it with gears and pedals watch this..

Its the same lap just no replay added onto the end, if that isnt good enough then im afraid i cant help you.

11. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Well some places you can drive pretty far outside and some places you cant.

It's still beta but I am sure Kunos will make it impossible to cheat when we have the final product !

12. I've got to download a facepalm GIF asap....its needed so much in these forums....please insert your favorite one here

13. The reason you are 5 seconds off the pace is the same reason I am......the top guys are not blatantly cheating, the top guys are not hacking their ini files, the top guys have natural talent and use every bit of the track that is allowed....the reason we are slower than them is a lack of natural talent first and foremost....it hurts and it sucks but that is the way it is....you can tell yourself that once mechanical damage is implemented they will be 5 seconds slower...you can tell yourself that once Kunos makes it to where you can't even touch a kerb they will be 5 seconds slower...you can tell yourself anything you need to in order to sleep better at night but the fact is that the fast guys will be fast and the rest of us have to practice our asses off to hopefully keep up enough that if they make a mistake in a multiplayer race we can capitalize on it and finish ahead of them.

14. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

You're making a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be !

If you're happy with your driving then it's all fine.

I can only look to myself and if I was about to upload a vid with a fantastic lap time I'd make sure I proved it with some sort of timer !

There are of course always people who can manipulate things with video editing to make it look real if they want even if it's not but those are just sad individuals !

I prefer honest racing !

15. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

The thing is, id agree with you but i didnt upload a fantastic laptime..

I do have a problem with people accusing me of editing vids to make me appear better than i actually am when no though has gone into the accusation.. You said yourslef "im inclined to believe him" based on what exactly? Because some ***** decided to comment so you just followed like a sheep..

As for editing the vid, i have no idea how to do that.. I record using dxtory, drag that into movie maker then save as 720p then drag that to youtube.. And that is as far as my editing knowledge goes.

cerebus23 and Bailey like this.
  16. TheDyingScotsman

There are far simpler ways of capturing vids. I just use bandicam. Record 1080p then upload to youtube. A lot easier.

17. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Only you know and if you are honest you can take it as a compliment that people think your cheating !
    If you're not honest then it's kind of sad !

The conclusion is that you should ALWAYS have a timer in the vid to rule out any disbelievers !

Imagine if you are making the most fantastic lap that no one has ever made !
    How are you going to prove it !
    People are going to think you've cheated until you can prove it !

TheDyingScotsman likes this.
  18. TheDyingScotsman

I agree. No idea why you'd upload a lap and not at least show the timer at the end of the lap.

Akis Kev and magicaldog like this.
  19. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Bandicam !

Haven't heard of that

If it's better than Fraps it's worth investigating !

20. TheDyingScotsman

Much better than fraps IMO. It doesn't kill FPS much, and my 1080p vids are only a few hundred mb for a couple of laps, whereas FRAPS is making huge files! I had to mess around with quality settings a little but think I i have found settings that give pretty damn good quality considering their size. This one was only about 300mb if I recall correctly