1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why don't the fastest drivers upload vids on Youtube ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by magicaldog, Dec 19, 2013.

1. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I have been driving hundreds of laps at Imola with the 458 and doesn't get anywhere near 1.52 no matter what I do ( Setup etc etc ).

I know the apex and brake points but pushing the 458 too much will just make it slide of the track !

I know there are several places where you can cut but still I cant seem to get close to the top guys.

What are these top drivers secret and why don't they upload anything on Youtube ?

Felice Pugliese likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars M4 GT3 - Last and Fastest lap on board Nov 25, 2021
    Screens & Videos The fastest car mod on Assetto Corsa: RedBull X2010 Jan 24, 2021
    ACC User Interface How to know the fastest lap of the race? Dec 13, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fastest Lap. Single Player Nov 11, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Fastest lap Jul 7, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals What is the fastest spinning consumer wheel May 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Which Track Temp is the fastest`? Apr 7, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Fastest times not displayed in track selection for IGT tracks Feb 16, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Incorrect Fastest lap times Jan 13, 2020
    ACC Physics So whats the overall fastest GT3 car? Dec 25, 2019
    ACC User Interface Fastest lap info in race? Jun 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Come and Join the Fastest Growing Sim Racing Community May 24, 2019
    Online Leagues / Championships room Come and Join the Fastest Growing Sim Racing Community May 24, 2019
    ACC User Interface Getting 'Fastest Session Lap' messages for laps I didn't drive Feb 3, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Wrong "fastest lap" announcement during MP race Jan 8, 2019

3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

Because some are cutting for sure...

4. endgame

endgame Racer

and smashing the downshifts, crossing the pedals etc Fair play to them I guess but it's depressing when you're 3 seconds off the fastest times. If I find myself uncompetative online I'l just stick to AI.

5. SatanTwister

SatanTwister Gamer

53.9 was my best but after 0.3 I'm losing 6 tenths to somewhere and can't get the car to turn like I want to. M3 feels a lot better atm.

Also Zonda R is better now imo

6. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I watched Hany's replay at Imola in the MP4. It screws with the RSR app so I won't watch it again until this is fixed.
    I was about 3.4 seconds slower than him, but after watching the replay I managed to knock only a second off my time.
    The thing that struck me most was he looked slower than me but was obviously faster. I tried to copy his breaking points but never quite made the turn the same as him. I thought about it yesterday and the only conclusion I could come up with was, he is managing the weight transfer of the car much better than me. That's just my opinion of course and I'm sure there is more to it than just that. I did some experimenting for a short time last night with weight transfer but was too tired to come to any solid conclusions, other than I'm just not that skilled! But I will persevere.
    My guess is that these 'aliens' (that's a term of endearment as far as I'm concerned) either don't want you to know their secret because they've had to learn themselves the hard way, or they perhaps may think it looks like they are gloating by posting stupidly fast times. Or maybe they just can't be arsed uploading videos and would rather be on track :)

Rui, there was no serious cutting in Hany's replay, none that would make that much difference. Although I have seen some replays from others that do cut, or should I say "exceed track limits" quite severely.

phil and Hany like this.
  7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Hardcore Simmer

That's why i said "SOME"... ;)

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  8. A buddy of mine currently has the RSR World Record time with the BMW GT2 at Imola.....he pretty much goes straight through the final chicane and then goes wide right...he does it because it is allowed and once the devs fix it so it invalidates the lap (which I believe they are going to do in tomorrows build and RSR will probably wipe the times and start clean) he will probably be a second or so slower than he is now...unfortunately I am over 5 seconds slower than him so I still have three or four to make up (not going to happen in my case)

To the best of my knowledge Imola is the only track that has a legal shortcut; and it won't be there much longer.

GTsimms and JamesYZN like this.
  9. Hany

Hany Alien

The replay is glitched in my game. The car is dropping from the sky and I cant watch or upload the replay. Maybe you could upload my lap to youtube. :)

setup wise there is nothing you can do to gain a sec. I have no secret or anything els. Weight tranfer is definitely the trick. After learning it while lapping the mp4 at imola, I can apply the same driving style to all the cars and get fast times.

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
    bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  10. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

I tried cutting as much as I could without getting any penalties but I am still up to 7-8 sec after the top drivers at RSR ?

Maybe they disabled the penalty in some ini files and just drive right through the chicanes :D

I tried that in Practice mode and I was 4-5 seconds faster :rolleyes:

But I want to be a clean driver and not a cheater !

11. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

I will if that's OK with you but I won't be at my computer again till the weekend. By then you'll probably knock yet another second off it! lol
    If I remove the RSR app from the python folder will it stop the name glitch?

12. gnr_tb

gnr_tb Racer

On Imola there are some extreme cuts ... This is what most of the crazy times look like
    Pretty annoying trying to compete with that. I don't enjoy cutting like this and I don't enjoy being 5 sec slower D:

paulieGTR likes this.
  13. The RSR app checks for any game files that have been altered. The sad truth is that there are guys that are several seconds faster in the fast cars.

14. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

AHA - I KNEW it !
    You ARE an ALIEN :D

GTsimms and Hany like this.
  15. Hany

Hany Alien

Its okay. Im done with this combo

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  16. He only went wide in two places (and at least one of those if not both will be fixed in an update) those two places aren't where you and I are losing 5 seconds though.

The Moose, monsterZERO and tryxinos like this.
  17. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Weight transfer is one of the skills the top drivers know how to control for sure !

18. TheDyingScotsman

TheDyingScotsman Hardcore Simmer

I have a few laps uploaded. Not the fastest though not too sloppy either.

19. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Yup, and I was getting the hang of it last night but was really very tired (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :p) but I still have a problem with a dead zone in the centre of my wheel which makes it very difficult to judge when weight is being transferred. I'm relying on visual input for that at the moment.

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  20. JocoG

JocoG Simracer

In these street cars weight transfer and smoothness is even more important than in GTs. If you look at Xbow video, at any chicane he strightens the car out before hes inside them, to prevent any slipping on exit, and then it's extremely important to get on the power ASAP in these cars.

My best is a 52.0 with Mclaren at Imola, still a good second off but I only drove it a good hour there. I seem to lose 8 tenths of that time in last sector, not going direct enough thruough the chicane. And that's all important for a good lap, clean exit, early power, gain time on the strights.

Always better to sacrifice a little entry speed, than gaining acceleration on the stright.

21. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

If you don't mind me saying, I think that's a defeatist's attitude.
    You will never get better unless you race against people better than you and learn from them. Personally I am looking forward to racing against faster guys than me. I don't want to sound all 'gay' but racing for me is not necessarily always about winning, it's about having good fair battles with other players whether you win or come last.
    Also, I never race against AI simply because I believe they are programmed to win or lose before the race even starts. It's like playing online roulette but with no money reward.

Freddie Seng, Mogster, Tberg and 4 others like this.