1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why don't the fastest drivers upload vids on Youtube ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by magicaldog, Dec 19, 2013.

1. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Please upload the replay so we can see a master in action :D

2. I can't think of a single racing game that has ever had good AI so I'm not expecting much from Kunos and Co. For the majority of us that are only semi-talented the slow cars are where the best racing is at. The E30 is a brilliant drive and can't wait to have epic battles with people no matter what position it is for.

paulieGTR, juuppie and WallyM like this.
  3. Hany

Hany Alien

uploading a lap atm. Its a 1.15.1 because the replay from my 1.50.9 lap is glitched

bigbawmcgraw likes this.
  4. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Racing with drivers better than yourself is always a good thing and it applies to most other things in life too!

I have had some pretty epic AI races with Simbins Race07 !

However I started Race07 the other day and it felt more like a boat race than a car race :D

There is no going back now !

5. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Oh 1:15:1 :p

You've most have been using the secret AC helicopter then :D

Maybe the devs can fix your glitched replay !

6. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Simbin's Race 07 was pretty good at times !

Knowing the high standard of Kunos I am quite certain that we are in for a nice surprise !

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
    Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  7. Hany

Hany Alien

I hope so because many files are corrupt

8. Hany

Hany Alien

Enjoy

Kristaps, magicaldog and bigbawmcgraw like this.
  9. I was kind of hoping the tyre physics would stop the grass shortcutting but i guess that must be real hard to implement that.

10. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

Wow - Cold Tyres

Impressive !

11. Hany

Hany Alien

Lol tyre temps are off during replay

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

12. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

OK

Now all we want to see is a fast lap with the 458 @ Imola :D

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Simracer

I am no "alien", I don't even know how good I am in most AC car/track combos as I didn't do too many laptime comparisons (can't even remember any of my time comparisons off the top of my head, besides the final version tech demo elise, and v0.1 elise) but I am not a beginner either.

Here is 1 tip for everyone, even "pretty" fast guys......

The way you RELEASE the brake is probably more important than you think ;)

Kristaps and WallyM like this.
  14. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

This is not true since 1991 Microprose's GP1. (I'm talking about simulators, not games btw).

Chevalier D'Harmental likes this.
  15. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

Whether it's true or not it's still what I believe when I sit in a virtual cockpit surrounded by 31 robots, especially when I can move a slider to determine how fast they will be.
    In MP I am putting my skill against other real people's skill, which for me is much more rewarding than racing with artificial 'people'.
    I understand that some people prefer AI but my original post quoted someone who said they would not play MP if they were 'uncompetitive', which would suggest they want to play MP rather than AI.

16. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Not the fastest, but it does complete the achievement.

17. Hany

Hany Alien

I agree with your tip. Doing it right will reduce understeer alot

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9100 met Tapatalk

Kristaps likes this.
  18. Yanaran

Yanaran Gamer

I don't upload much video because I've never found an easy way to record that didn't cause massive stutter. With ShadowPlay it's a lot easier so I recorded one with the 458 at Silverstone just now:

It's not my fastest lap, as some have commented on no fuel/tyre as "cheating", so this is with wear. Starting with 10l and contains outlap+hotlap. Skip to 2:30 if you don't want to see the warmup lap. And please don't mind my fumbling for the ShadowPlay record keys at the end (+1 for not playing with your phone while driving!)...

19. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

There´s no secret. Its technique and knowledge. There´s no easy way, you need to know what you´re doing.

If you don´t know the difference between your lap, and a fast lap (being 5 secs off), "my brake points and apexes are equal to them!" no they aren't.

Its easy to look for shortcuts, it makes us feel better. But if you´re way off pace, you´re missing something really basic. And it is all about technique.

Hanzales, Kristaps and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  20. magicaldog

magicaldog Guest

This is really strange because if I wait to hit the brakes until the 200 mark (@ 0:21) I am having a really hard time slowing the car down until the first left hander.

It is sliding all over the place when I am doing that.

But then I am having no aids on whatsoever no stability control or anything !

Are you sure you haven't got the Stability control on ? ? ?

It looks super stable compared to when I drive the 458 ? ? ?