1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is console version harder than PC?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rickredrick, Sep 13, 2016.

1. When I drive the lotus eos 125 stage1 I think it's much easier to drive on xbox without any assists. And the responsibility of the throttle seems strange like the is a lunch control in the backround.

2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What do you want me to quote?

3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Those specific wheel settings doesnt do anything you cant do yourself. The "detail choices" is different steering degree which is whatever you wheel is (same as console), and different kerb/road/slip and probably gain. All these settings you can do on console. The only setup option PC have on wheels that console doesnt have are minimum force and dead zone.

All wheels have the same settings to use and not anything wheel specific. I honestly dont think that those profiles are updated since the early access anyway :p

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  4. Grumblegoof

Grumblegoof Rookie

Differences could be down to input lag as well?

Is there tripple buffering and >1 pre-rendered frames on the consoles? (I guess there's no way to know, but visibly checking input lag gives an idea...)

I know I sense a "floaty" disconnect on PC whenever NVidia drivers or whatever reset my settings, and turns those on.

5. liakjim

liakjim Alien

[\quote] should be before your text not after.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Eh, what are you talking about? I press reply and its done. If something doesnt look right its probably because of tapatalk or whatever.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  7. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yep, it might be tapatalk.
    Sorry

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

8. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Yes. No deadzone adjustment for wheel or pedals.
    No graphic way to tell if you're getting full degrees of wheel rotation, or full input of brake or throttle.
    In fact, in-game HUD gives no indication of controller input whatever.
    No way on track to see tyre temperature.
    No way in setup to adjust brake pressure.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

PC dont have brake pressure neither but the rest of it we have. It wasnt that long ago since they added tyre temps on pc so hopefully they add those things to console soon aswell.

10. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Well, tyre temps are very important to have on track so we'll hope you're right about that. But that you've had the others (and these are just missing things I could think of off the top of my head) for some time would seem to indicate a definite decision was made to exclude them from the console version.

But you know, what's really beginning to freak me out is the breaking. You know, AC's braking is different from any sim I know. With many cars driving without ABS is just impossible. OK, so maybe AC has it right and everyone else has it wrong. But then I remembered a ways back, may even have been in this thread, I was asking how come we got no info re brake temperature. The person who answered me said brake temperature simply wasn't part of the game. Not just no info about it, but the game itself just made no account of it. I didn't really believe this at the time- I mean, how can a game that's supposed to be such an Ueber-sim not include such a major factor? Is the braking in the equations just something like X = some factor that sets up a resistance to the wheels continuing to spin :)
    I don't know. Everyone talks about how great the game feels, like you're driving a real car. For me, the importance of simulation is how well the game simulates the behavior of the real car on a real track, not how cool the vibration of the wheel and pedals feels to the driver. And a very great tuner I know tells me he always uses ABS with AC because if the wheels should lock absolutely no feeling of this happening gets transmitted through the FFB.

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

the loud screeching sound and loss of feedback should let you know you've locked up, not to mention the flat spotting that you will feel afterwards if you lock up a lot. if your tyres are cold you will probably get more graining and if hot more blistering from abusing the tyres as well.

most of the roadcars with abs seem to have bias far forward. some of the race cars behave fine without abs even though they are designed to use it as you can adjust brake bias e.g M235i

it seems like they are phasing in brake temp, a few cars that you guys dont have yet have an early version. e.g Maserati GT MC GT4

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont agree with it being impossible to brake without abs on cars and havent seen anyone else complain about it. Brake temperatures is on some cars:
    "- Added brake disc temperature simulation to (Ferrari 488 GT3, Maserati GranTurismo MC GT4,Maserati Levante)"
    But this is on a pretty recent build and I dont know if this is implemented on the console version yet.

13. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Which is why it would be nice to know the tyre temps! Oh, I agree the sound is enough for me. Also if you have Damage and the HUD on you get that little white car diagram in the lower left of screen. If you lock the same tyre enough times or badly enough it gets a little red dot on it which, I believe, means a flat spot, and the next few times you'll get a puncture. You can also of course see them lock on the replay if you use the TV-like show (especially good for seeing that the fronts are locking much more often than the rears), and of course see them lock in open-wheel cars. Most of these last, btw, are not designed for ABS and ABS is off in "factory" setting. I don't understand what you say re brake bias. You can adjust the brake bias in all the cars I've come across whether designed for ABS or not. But yes, with most of the sports cars if you turn ABS off you need to adjust the bias quite a bit towards the rear.
    All of which goes to show the advantage you gain if you can learn to drive without ABS. Every time that little white "ABS" light comes on in the bottom right of your screen it means you're over using your brakes. You could try leaving ABS on and trying to keep that little light off, but it would come on more often than the wheels would lock if you had ABS turned off and the bias set accordingly. The ABS is only coming on to keep the front wheels from locking, because with the bias so biased ;) the rears never get a chance to lock. If the bias were set more evenly there would be fewer locks (or ABS use, depending).

14. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Not impossible, just more difficult than on other games, as I said. And as I said, maybe AC got it right and everyone else got it wrong. You ought to read messages before you go off on them. And no, the console hasn't got it "yet".

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

lol..where did I go "off"? I cant remember that ive seen anyone else complain about it and I have no issues with braking without ABS, am I not allowed to type this without "going off"?

Bibbles likes this.
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

its definitely possible. I remember doing top 5 times on RSR with Abarth 500 & Abarth 500 S1 without ABS back in the day and there were around 1000 times listed for one of them.

braking did get more difficult at some point after that though. I would recommend factory settings for ABS.

sounds like a bug if you can adjust the brake bias on all cars! you cant on PC, only those cars that have adjustable brake bias IRL

@kofotsjanne console is on 1.4 build. they are hopefully going to have it up to speed with PC when Porsche DLC drops.

17. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Sorry I see I did use the word "impossible" on some cars. I should have included a modifier like "almost" or "practically". And if you haven't heard anyone else complain about it than you must not get around much. I've never heard of any driver, sim or professional, that's never grumbled to the engineers about his tyres locking. If you drive without ABS and your tyres never lock then you must be going too slow :)

Bibbles likes this.
  18. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

Console game's only been out a week, could be I haven't come across any such cars. I was reacting to the implication that whether a car was designed with ABS had something to do with whether you could adjust the bias, which isn't so. Open wheelers like the Lotus 720 have no factory ABS, GT3 cars like the Merc SLS I'm working on have factory ABS, and both have adjustible bias.

19. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

both factory ABS and adjustable brake bias should only be available for cars that have them in real life. the Lotus 72D didn't have ABS but it did have cockpit adjustable brake bias same as in AC :)

20. Deckard2028

Deckard2028 Rookie

Ugh the Mercedes intermediate races are awful. Can't see me getting much further in the career, I really don't have any urge to practice with that awful car for the amount of time it will take to get passed it.