1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why is console version harder than PC?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Rickredrick, Sep 13, 2016.

1. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

My take on it is, if anyone cares :), that the physics of the cars, especially the 458 are awesome.

Here's where the problem comes in: I'm forced to over drive the car. If I try to keep up with the other cars in a race even on easy difficulty, the physics, car performance becomes a joke. My car is understeering/plowing through the turns and always winding up in the gravel. Even in a race car there are definite limits and the driver cannot over step those or he crashes. If I drive within those limits it may feel slow, yet I am quite fast comparatively to real life. But the Ai are just gone. Keeping up with them is impossible. To keep up it all becomes an arcade game. I hope Kunos doesn't make the cars "better" but rather slows down the Ai. To me that would be a more realistic simulation.

2. Just for comparison, what times are you running in the 458, and at what track, and what times are the AI running? (and on what difficulty)

3. Rickredrick

Rickredrick Gamer

I don't know whether it is possible or practical to make AI driven cars with the same physical accuracy of advantages and limitations . But to some extent their lap times are obviously controllable for the various difficulty levels.
    My prime complaint with the AI is that it seems to have no compunction whatever about causing collisions. I should think that would be fixable.

4. I hope so too that the cars are not becoming better and easier to drive. I must say I'm a bit surprised how easy you can accelerate cars outside of corners (with all assists off). Even with controller. In some gt 3 cars you didn't feel any traction influence. You can force the cars that they break out but then you must drive really really aggressive. I expected that the tires are search for more traction.
    It depends for sure with input device you use and maybe that you have always 100% grip. But for me it can be more challenging. Maybe it have to with differential setting, which I don't touch for now.

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure but on PC theres a setting which is like "base assists depending on controller" (my english is terrible) or something, that might be activated and no way of turning it off? But yeah, its not hard to drive cars without TC.

6. No prob bud i understand you very well. My english is even not perfect :)
    So it seems that I have to buy a wheel to get the full physics in the game. Anyway on some point you have to use a wheel to get the full experience.

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not sure if thats the case on console or not, so im just guessing as much as anyone else. :)
    If you have the money I recommend you to buy a wheel, its much more fun. :)

8. You never can turn into corners with controllers like when you drive with a wheel.

9. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Try the cobra, the ruf or the miura and see if it's easy.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  10. With some practice you can drive them without assists. For me it's harder to hold the steering in right position with controller than to control the acceleration of this cars.
    I have drove the ruf with the 90s street tires without assists. It's natural that I spinning the first time, but it's not impossible. That's like it should have to be. If people want a feel good sim than there have to play other games.
    And it seems that is total different to drive the cars with controller and wheel. People who drive with wheel have much more fight to find traction than controller user. I have now orderd a logitech g920 so I can find it out by myself.
    I'm think that I use on wheel more tcs than on controller. Because the imput to throttle is there 1:1 and on controller it feels to me that a acceleration assist is in the backround to make it easier to drive the cars with controller.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  11. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

And also I have to say that the controller is not customizable enough. You only have 3 configuration options and these are not nearly good enough. You really need a wheel for this sim, which I don't have. And it doesn't sound like there are enough wheels that work with it. Some don't work, it appears to be hit or miss. There is a lot to fix with the sim right now.

12. River Ruckus

River Ruckus Simracer

Hang in there m8! The Merc races are the last hump you have to get over. After that the events become a lot more balanced. I was struggeling with the Merc vs. Ferrari races as well. Guess those races are supposed to teach you the importance of momentum (which they do, admittedly), otherwise you get left in the dust at corner exit. I found Nürburgring, Silverstone and Spa to be the easiest, placing first, second and third without much hassle on Easy difficulty in a stock car. Slow entry, fast exit.

Weirdly, on every subsequent event Easy difficulty has become rather too easy, on the Trofeo events I have been running Medium to Hard with a good chance at the win. I have no idea of how hard the PC version is, but I´m actually not finding Career Mode all that hard any more. And I consider myself a mediocre driver at best. That said, the Merc races are still a nightmare. :eek:

13. With controller you can't go the speed that a wheeluser can go, when assists been deactivated! Some of the first races are unbelievable hard, when you keep in mind that you must been third with a slower car. Im running now intermediate series 2 and have no problem to reach the goals on easy. The only issue is that the ai rams you sometimes of track. And it seems that they ai haver never stability problems.

Bibbles likes this.
  14. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

This.
    we are at 1.11 on console now, can somenone confirm that nothing is aligned with PC still? :)
    there are cars and mission in career mode well balanced and other don't, like sls at Spa too easy to beat than impossible in other track, i'm playing Alien difficult.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Basquiat likes this.
  15. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

i want to report this video by TheKie played on september before the last patch.
    He's lapping on Alien 1:54 first lap and 1:47 the second one, he's second closer to the first ia, IA on aline is lapping 1:47:xxx.
    something wrong now, after last patch (1.11) i'm lapping 1:52 first lap and 1:45 the second one and the SECOND ia is far away from me, can't catch them, ia is lapping 1:44:4.
    Dai Stefano buttaci un occhio ;) qua è impossibile :asd:

Reinart86 and Basquiat like this.
  16. Basquiat

Basquiat Gamer

Same thing happens in many other races, GTs vs Godzilla special event, just to name one
    I managed to beat it on Alien difficulty only thanks to a crash involving the three leader AI cars
    I lapped around 6:50:00 all three laps while AI was constantly on 45/46 some laps even 6:43
    Looking at PC's version videos you can easily tell the AI is way slower, they just can't keep up with a solid 6:50 pace
    I hope Stefano and the other guys get to read these infos we're bringing up and do something about it
    Just my 2 cents... Cheers :)

Reinart86 and Ravellron like this.
  17. Ravellron

Ravellron Racer

My thought is that some model tyre in console version has to be fixed, like Hyper Road tyre mounted on the new gt3rs and Nismo gtr and some Semislick to; how could be possible that on pc the lap record on Nordschleife is 20 seconds faster than the best on console when in other cars and tyre compounds lapping time is nearly the same.

Basquiat likes this.
  18. Basquiat

Basquiat Gamer

Until the tyres' situation remains as it now is, we should at least have a console specific leaderboard in order to have a fair timing comparison
    Let's all hope and wait for the fix guys, console and PC cars' behaviour is hugely different at the moment on certain tyre compounds

Ravellron likes this.