1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why Monza is so rarely used online ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by mantasisg 2, Nov 29, 2017.

1. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Ascari is probably my favorite section anywhere.

St3fan and Trezoitao38 like this.
  2. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Monza is third in most used tracks only (all layouts) by servers:
    • Nordschleife 151 servers
    • Spa 120 servers
    • Monza 53 servers

MrDeap likes this.
  3. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Does they use it when I sleep, or when I don't play ? :D

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I guess "used" means "servers online" and not "well populated servers". I don't have the impression that Monza servers are very popular.

Schnipp and mantasisg 2 like this.
  5. DecoySA

DecoySA Racer

because sim racers despite their good intentions are mostly terrible and can't handle the traffic going into T1

6. VallinKenel

VallinKenel Hardcore Simmer

It might be because everybody wants to do this into T1

:p

SvenUilhoorn and Quffy like this.
  7. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Also on used by players it's always in the top10...

At all there isn't so much diversity out there due to the small playerbase (today we've peaked at around 1,200 concurrent players online at prime time, weekday average is only 400). Always minus 10% Nordschleife lovers... Spa is also always big factor (seems to be the place to be for people without DLCs). And of course the rest must be split into public and closed (e.g. leagues, communities with password protected servers), should add this also to the tracking by the way ^^

But Monza isn't as bad used as described.

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Maybe recently its changed but i've alway found loads of GT3 servers packed.

Turn 1 is the big issue for Monza, very rare to get everyone through without a pile up happening.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

They were talking about changing T1 into a right hand kink into the forrest weren’t they? Rejoining the current layout after Curva Grande?

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Was meant to happen I think it was something to do with Bernie and F1 bullying Monza into being his *****. Seems that since Liberty took over f1 they dont have the same plan and so Monza didnt start the work that was meant to have been done before the 2017 f1 race.

I think the chicane is fine and I have gone through there side by side with many in league races rarely have issues or even t1 incidents. Its a good corner as you can make passes on the inside or outside against good racers.

Random public in a server, Monza never worked as the vast majority cant run side by side anywhere but its just highlighted at Monza more.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Ricky Reject, Schnipp and LeDude83 like this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, I agree - that chicane is a magnifying glass for poor drivers. I wouldn't like to see the track changed because of that. It's a good chicane as it adds a different challenge to the fast track. Coming out of there at good speed is not easy.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Someone heard my prayers yesterday, and my lithuanian fellows created Lotus Exos server at Monza. We frequently race with Lotus Exos, and racing is usually ok, but Monza must be some kind of bermuda triangle of racing. Three restarts in first race, people missing start - crashes not even reaching T1, cantacts in every single chicane, bad rejoining at last chicane after spinout. People offtrack in the first lap in every single corner. Super annoying kerbs at first and second chicane. People not knowing when to move out of the slip stream and hitting you.

That track really makes big contrast between the drivers. That track should be by default something like minorating A only restricted.

And we had penalties disabled, so you could safely cut to avoid pileups. With penalties it would have been total disaster.

I should have called this thread "why monza is so difficult for mediocore drivers", or "why it is so difficult to brake a little bit earlier and and don't cross others"....

Guidofoc likes this.
  13. No corners or tracks would be dodgy if everyone observed the philosophy of "respect before position" (which only seems to apply to A grade drivers, based on what I have seen online). This philosophy is even more important at race starts, but it seems like 90% of the online community still think that races can be won at the first corner :rolleyes:

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

Added by so many drivers that don't give a **** about the other drivers, where either the fair drivers prevents the crash but often loses the position or there will be a crash and then it's not uncommon for the guilty driver that caused it to blame the other guy with things like 'I was ahead/inside/on the racing line' or similar comments.

Christopher Low and mantasisg 2 like this.
  15. chakko

chakko Alien

I don't think a race can be WON in the first corner, but, the way it is, the situation after the start is actually the best opportunity to make up places, and, frankly, some people just totally exaggerate when they brake for the first corner, because they think the tires and brakes are so cold. It is really not necessary to brake 50 metres earlier than you normally do. Yes, you should be careful, but, i ALWAYS made up 1 or 2 races when racing in the official iRacing service, and i usually make up 1 or 2 places in SRS races in AC too. People are just overcautious, and that's dangerous too, because the guy behind you won't know that you brake 50 metres earlier than it is necessary. Simracers are pussies anyway. :p

16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Amongst good drivers then sure you attack t1 but in an open pub server just getting around it without being spun or even being back of grid you can just about stop and wait for the wreck, get going again cruise past and you will likely be in the top 3 by the end of the lap.

The people pushing with no hope of making a move I find funny and I back myself to pass most people in the race even if they get me into t1. Some know they have only 1 chance so they put all their eggs in this basket. ;) But if your considerably off pace then it really makes no difference if you gain spots at t1 when you will lose them pretty easily in the rest of the lap. The guys not qualifying near the front are the more likely ones to go the kamikaze t1 but if I am leading and someone drives straight into the back of me no matter when I chose to brake its their fault not mine. The trick in passing someone is to get around them so there is very little point in out braking someone you are directly behind. Same as outbraking someone on the inside if you have no hope of making the apex or even staying on track aka the divebomb.

In league racing where there often arent many passes with the level so close then t1 is more critical, but even there you don't want to ruin your race or the other guys. This is assuming your racing in a league that expects redress or gives penalties for dirty moves. Its still a game of position and leaving enough room to not drive other cars off track, good drivers can go side by side at nearly any section of any track. Poor ones cant drive down a straight without collecting half the field and often dont even get as far as t1.

In general pub server racing I dont like starting up front and attacking t1 too soon can often mean you pass everyone too soon just like if racing with AI. There is no real challenge to it and with full damage I would rather take it a bit easier then cause damage that will cost me time for the rest of the race.

Trezoitao38, victor86 and LeDude83 like this.
  17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Personally I find Imola>Monza>Mugello, and I can find Mugello races quite easily and Imola not too hard online.
    Monza is a bit flat and bland, and the first chicane is often an online race killer. But Ascari is great (is it just me or do you guys too feel Ascari similar to Variante Tamburello?).

18. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Anybody who thinks that the car in front is being driven exactly as they would drive is fooling themselves and is an accident waiting to happen. Assumption is the mother of all f*ck ups...... especially at T1 Lap1 and especially at Monza.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

What would you do then? Brake early, and assume that the people behind you also brake early? You'd be assuming as well then, and the people behind you have to assume as well. Actually, thinking about it, there's absolutely no way to race without assuming. When you overtake someone, you don't expect him to steer into you as well, even though he might do that.

20. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

I wouldn't assume a thing. I'd make sure I don't run into the back of the driver in front and HOPE that the drivers behind have a similar attitude. Sadly, all too often, this is not the case.

Feel free to drive around in real life assuming all you want... see how long you last before it all turns sour ;) And just because you're behind the safety net of virtual reality shouldn't change a thing, people are trying to simulate reality after all. As mentioned earlier.. a little bit of respect.... it goes a long way.

SvenUilhoorn, LeDude83 and paul_wev like this.