1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Win 10 1803

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Full_Ninja, May 16, 2018.

1. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

My experience, having helped quite a few people with Win 10 problems, is that far fewer issues occur with systems which had a clean install compared to those which were upgraded from an earlier version of the OS. My update to 1803 went without a hitch - no new drivers required, no odd problems just a few settings to change to keep it secure. All of my games ran without problems and all of my controllers (joysticks, wheel, head trackers) worked. I really feel for those of you who've had problems, it must be very frustrating.

2. colombianomd

colombianomd Racer

I didn't see that option on the update. I can't update because I have an Intel 600p SSD NVME. Apparently peeps with that drive and other Intel drives have major system stability issues.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

3. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Got mine just now couple of restarts while updating, few privacy and advert questions more suited to mobile devices and then straight back playing again as normal..

4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yeah, that’s a weird one, we run a few systems with he 600p drives as well, should be a firmware update fairly quickly I’d say

colombianomd likes this.
  5. Haven't got my Clubsport Shifter (with USB adapter) to work after the Windows update. Driver update doesn't fix the issue. Otherwise rocking perfectly.

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Not sure if applicable in your case but I had occasional issues with Fanatec USB adapter when PC stopped recognizing it no matter what, reboot, cold restart, driver reinstall, etc. The fix that always worked for me is re-flashing FW, second tab in Fanatec driver options, must be their flaky EPROM or something.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  7. Stains

Stains Simracer

A bit !

8. Been there done that so many time. This time thou I cannot see the device at all so cannot reflash the FW.

9. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well it is system per system issue .. I dont have any problem on my PC and 2 laptops but there are plenty people that do have issues .. you can always roll back with one click if you choose to ..

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Fanatec USB adapter is a tricky SOB. Mine hangs PC on cold reboots so I had to disconnect it when doing that.

If you haven't tried that yet.
    Disconnect shifter
    Shut down PC
    Disconnect power cord
    Press and hold power button for 15 seconds.
    Turn back on
    Connect shifter only aftet Windows fully loaded.
    See if you can get to FW flash after driver install.

I understand you already tried full fanatec uninstall before installing new drivers.

Nahkamarakatti and Dean Ogurek like this.
  11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I've seen certain hardware config's that make such issues difficult to diagnose. My previous PC had me chasing my tail with constant USB issues and in some cases, it was a matter of un-plugging all USB devices and focusing on solving a single device update (FW or software) at a time until it could be ironed out; only then (after reboot) could I get everything to work together when I plugged everything in. With the recent OS updates, I've seen quite a few others having similar issues and I had to start fresh myself by unplugging all USB devices and re-booting after the recent update.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. Managed to get it working. Thanks.

I did all that plus changed the USB adapter into front panel port (because changing port was not enough) and rolled back into previous driver version because the current software does not launch anymore no matter how and how many times I try (some error message I haven't seen before).

Dean Ogurek and Andrew_WOT like this.