1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

World Record Lap Times for PS4?

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by TwinAir, Aug 29, 2016.

1. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Hi,

I love to race the Zonda and other cars around the Nordschleife and would like to enter my times in an official leaderboard. Is there something like that for the PS4? Does it differentiate between controller and steering wheel times?
    I got a 06:51:xx time with controller last time I checked.

If there isn't yet I might make a website where drivers can enter their times, if other people want that as well.

Cheers, :p
    Robert

Bernardste likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Red Bull Ring - real world lap record from Formula 1 Jan 25, 2024
    Screens & Videos Assetto Corsa : Ferarri 458 Gt2 - Nurburgring GP 1.56.544 World Record Feb 7, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Air France and Porsche GB combine to set a new Guinness World Records achievement May 5, 2017
    Screens & Videos Audi quatro step 1 - World record Apr 25, 2017
    Console Lounge Can you beat Fangio's world record? Jan 16, 2017
    Screens & Videos Current exos f1 world record:) Apr 13, 2015
    Chit Chat Room League practice world record hunt with ivg Mar 10, 2015
    Screens & Videos Mercedes sls amg gt3 @nurburgring gp world record on board Mar 7, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Why @spa + mercedes sls gt3 world record rsr faster than f1 real life 3 secends ? Oct 18, 2014
    Screens & Videos World records laps Feb 18, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2024 GT WORLD CHALLENGE CHAMPIONSHIP! {CMRSC} Dec 21, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [PC] GT4 - World Sprints | Thursday [SimRacing-GP.net] Oct 8, 2023
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Trouble with creating Hello World App May 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GT World Challenge Live Apr 2, 2022

3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I just gave this a run since the Zonda is one of my most favourite cars. Pagani started off such an underdog to the other Italian manufacturers but through refinement look where they are now, right there with the prancing horse and the raging bull(wink wink kunos). I use a Logitech G29, first valid lap was 6.44 and that was with many slow sections and a few missed braking points . I've lapped the 'Green Hell' thousands of times virtually though and i'm no slouch but I definitely can drop that time with some more getting used to the physics and handling/power of the mighty Zonda. Long live that freaking beast Zonda R.

You also forgot to mention if you tuned the car or changed tyres etc. The track temperature can even make a difference i'd expect. Would be good to see how this title shapes up in terms of controller vs wheel times. Most other games it's generally easier to set a good time on wheel but a few 'aliens' (all puns intended) on controller can sometimes beat the fastest wheel users. Most would consider wheels 'should' be faster.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    Matt White likes this.
  4. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Hi L2D,

I did increase downforce (don't know exactly how much right now) and used the stickiest of the ickiest tyres. Everthing else was stock. Temperature was around 25°C I think and weather set to cloudy at 12:00. ;)
    If I make the website you'll be the first entry (L2D Godzilla 6:44:xxx, wheel, (tuned the car? tyres? temperature?), but I think I'd only accept entries with videos and then post the videos on the website as well so it's more fun and immersive to compare laps.

Cheers, :cool:
    Rob

Matt White likes this.
  5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Out of interest the RSR leaderboard app times for the PC version are here.

http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRL...controller_type=all&community=all&friends=all

PC WR currently is 6:21, although there aren't too many times logged as the board has been re-set recently.

If you do set up a web page then it'll be useful to have everyone set standard assists, track conditions and weather. The P on the RSR board denotes pro rank, so standard weather (26°C air temp), track (optimum) and settings, factory assists only so ABS/TC/EDL are ok if the real car has it.

Matt White likes this.
  6. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Good idea Mogster, would make things easier to compare and edit for sure.

Factory assists only, 26°C air temp, clear weather 12:00, same tyres depending on car and track and groups are divided into:
    controller or wheel, and limited to traction control set to 1 or off and divided into subgroups.

Still not decided whether tuning should be allowed or stock settings. :confused:

Matt White likes this.
  7. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

did a quick test run:
    https://rob-mo-j3xn.squarespace.com
    (choose visitor access and enter code)

It's in trial mode now so feel free to critique. To the mods/staff: if you want me to remove the Assetto Corsa logo please let me know I will do so immediately, the website is still in trial mode so not officially published yet. I'd also be happy to insert a disclaimer of your choice.

Cheers, ;)
    Rob

Matt White likes this.
  8. Nice idea. A suggestion: it may be nice to set the background color to a neutral tint: the full red BG makes my eyes want to go away after 5 seconds for pain :)

9. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

10. Mogster

Mogster Alien

From what I understand AC's track temperature and grip isn't static but changes as your session progresses and the sun moves. There's a small element of randomness also irc as the track conditions are never exactly the same in rl, it's a bit like real road in rFactor but less sophisticated.

Default temp is 26°C so that's what RSR looks for for its "P" rank times, you can change the time of day and cloud cover but this will reduce your track grip a bit. I tend to hotlap at 9:00 with medium cloud cover as it looks pretty but I'm probably making things a bit harder for myself... At least that gives me an excuse for my slowness ;)

11. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

Roberto Olivetti likes this.
  12. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

So I won't publish the website officially since nobody entered a time yet. Or did you want to enter but didn't know where? :confused:

cheers

shaolinzen likes this.
  13. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Yeah how do I enter a time?

14. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

at this time either post it here or write me an email at eintopf.moped@gmail.com, and please follow the rules:

• factory assists only (traction control set to 1 or off)
    • 26°C air temp
    • clear weather 12:00
    • same tyres (check tyre choice for the car/track you want to race in the rankings section)
    • only PS4 versions of the game, using wheel or controller
    • all settings must be visible in the video you post
    • only youtube videos accepted
    and since I haven't decided yet please use stock suspension and gearing. you can however regulate downforce if available. for tyres use the stickiest/softest available for the particular car.

;)

15. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Awesome! Thank you!
    Is a video required?

16. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

yes and please show all settings in the video by scrolling over them in the menu thanks ;)

17. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Sorry, my internet is ****ty, so this isn't happening. I wait for a leaderboard in game.

18. TwinAir

TwinAir Gamer

follow the rules and post your time I'll enter it and mark it as unverified if you want ;)

Matt White likes this.
  19. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Ok, will do, thanks. In the meantime, I'll figure out a way get videos going.o_O

20. shaolinzen

shaolinzen Rookie

Ok Nordschleife normal, Audi LMS ultra GT3 7:27.609 steering wheel tires:slick soft

21. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Maybe rethink the no tuning rule, if you want WR times people are going to need to tune the cars for each track.
    Each track has a main straight but they all vary in length, by tuning the gears to each track you will get better times and more importantly specific times with each car. Why punish someone who knows how to extract more power and time from their car?
    If you're not revving out your last gear by the end of the main straight that's usually a good sign that you need to change the gearing ratios.