1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Would like to know how to get a refund?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by ONR Punch, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Oh, don't be ridiculous. You just made yourself look so foolish :rolleyes:

TitzonToast likes this.
  2. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

I've seen staff replying left, right, and centre on these forums already in the short time I've been a member here.
    It's great to see.

3. playdytch

playdytch Rookie

after sony give back money to ppl that buy no mans sky, assetto corsa can follow up in this. the physics are great the best there are on the ps4. but there the game stops. career much to hard to stay fun. and a unplayable multiplayer cause of kids that are ****ing it up, no rooms that refresh or start new tracks or something after a race, and no option to start your own mp room. i wonder how manny ppl would buy this game on release if they would know al this before. so IMO kudos miss leaded us.

4. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

Kudos?? More research required, I think ;)

5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Hardcore Simmer

Maybe have some patience ? There are some problems with this game, i agree but Kunos already confirmed looking into most of your problems.

talby71 and UntrainedN00B01 like this.
  6. Biggest difference is Hello games flat out lied and misled consumers with no mans sky hence people wanting refunds for being mis sold the game. Kunos have launched a working game with the content that is supposed to be included. If career mode is too difficult then I would suggest practice to get good. Multiplayer will get fixed there are more important things need patched and added first

Skemekos123 likes this.
  7. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

If you want a refund ring Xbox support tell them your issues and if they ain't something silly you can get a refund. I was refunded on black ops 3 as I told them it's so laggy it's unplayable, and it was at that time. They were promising updates but I didn't buy the game to be dodgy until there updates so I got refunded

8. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Our developers are fully aware that some of you are experiencing screen tearing on both platforms, with Assetto Corsa and are working on a fix! More info as and when it becomes available.

9. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

There is definitely still a major FPS issue on the XBox version. The game at times messes with my eyes because the frame rate variances are so extreme. What's more shocking is seeing the frame rates choke at low speeds. Something is clearly wrong when the title chokes when driving at low speeds.

I took a run on the Ring today, and wow.., such disappointment because the FPS was so horrible. I was literally missing key braking points because the game choked so badly. You can't hit the proper breaking point when you literally can't time it right because the game has a massive FPS choke at such a critical point on the track.

I'm no newbie to racing either. My first racing game was called Pole Position and the console was an Atari! I truly hope Kunos can fix this. It's getting to the point where I can't play the title because the FPS issue messes with my eyes, and I end up getting a headache from eye strain. I don't usually have this problem, but I do with this title. Heck.., I can play Race Pro all day long with no problems, and it's certainly not known for amazing FPS.

MBK72 likes this.
  10. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

Lol pole position i remember that one
    I had it on the Commodore 64
    Those where the day's lol

Skemekos123 and Squeak_D like this.
  11. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

Ha! We wore out the paddle controllers playing that game..

12. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

And it worked as well lol

MBK72 likes this.
  13. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

It worked, without needing a day one patch or vague promises of fixes 'soon' written in a way they can back track on later.

14. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Good evening, as you have contact with the makers of this game could you please ask them when they are going to release disk 2 for this game that I have purchased because there seems to be 50% of this so called racing sim missing, evidence of this game is only 14gb's there has to be another disk with the below on it.

1 The leaderboards for time trial
    2 A multiplayer that's worth racing on "private lobbies"
    3 The ability to see the basic things a race sim have tyre temp and brake temp
    4 The ability to save setups
    5 Ai that behave in a racing fashion
    6 Track limits on multiplayer
    7 The tracks that are missing from pre advertised game
    8 A framerate that is consistent and somewhere near the advertised 60 fps
    9 Graphics that look like they didn't come from the original xbox

10 when the above is sorted then you can mend all the other bugs that are present and there is loads of them.

This information would be much appreciated before you try and sell me a season pass, as I already feel as if I have been robbed at midnight on launch day.

MBK72 and Tenno like this.
  15. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

Good list of unsatisfactory performance issues. For those who want to pursue a refund in the UK there is some great advice here, I suggest you use the list above in your complaint to your retailer, in the UK your retailer must give you the refund. There are a number of categories to choose from in your complaint as you will see in the article.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-01-new-consumer-rights-act-puts-gamers-in-the-driving-seat

You can also use Assetto Corsa's/505 Games own own marketing materials to demonstrate the product is not as described:

"Multiple Race Modes include Career mode, special and unique events and challenges. Fully customizable single player and multiplayer modes include quick races, race weekends including free practice sessions, qualifying session, drag races, drift challenges and more!"

Note that none of the items included in bold type are features of the Xbox One version of this game and therefore the product is not "as described" or "fit for purpose". You can also mention that the first patch failed to correct the performance issues to strengthen your case.

This all applies to digital copies too but you will probably have to battle harder with Microsoft who will attempt to claim their T&Cs say no refunds. The Consumer Goods Act is your friend here.

As a result of many disappointed friends returning Assetto Corsa in the UK I know the following:

- Most online retailers (Amazon etc) are accepting returns for 30 days without question as per the distance selling regulations.
    - GAME in store, you've got to push your case but store credit and in some rare cases refunds have been given.
    - Microsoft for digital download - know your stuff and push your case, they will attempt to stick to their T&Cs but the UK Act makes clear the 30 day rules here too.

Great shame but if you feel you've seen enough and the devs aren't acting quickly enough you have options.

Tenno likes this.
  16. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

I'm keeping mine and hoping Kunos fixes the problems. I do however understand the frustration of those wishing to seek a refund.

Unfortunately Kunos has followed the norm in console gaming these days.., and that's try to meet the release date, (bugs and all).., then patch it later. The title was released with a day one patch here in the USA.., but the damage had already been done for those in Europe who got the title before us (and pre-patch).

I'm still worried this title might go the way of Race Pro though. That was such a promising SIM too. Kunos is essentially picking up where they left off..., but such a troubled launch isn't going to help them win the support of the console community.

MBK72 likes this.
  17. Jamie Carter

Jamie Carter Rookie

Sorry I have just joined this forum to give my praise for the game and come across this post and I'm shocked. I have played this game now and I'm very very impressed, no problems at all. I'm on Xbox One and plan to buy this again on XBox One S to see the differences between the versions. Sorry I'm guessing you and MBK have probably lost some online server races so now cry "I Want refund" that's not how gaming works, get better on it!!

18. Tenno

Tenno Gamer

And you work for the devs
    No one in his wright mind can say this is a good game
    It sucks major as*

MBK72 likes this.
  19. Squeak_D

Squeak_D Rookie

Come on now..., no sense in being ignorant with your little swipe about online racing.

I'm not asking for a refund, but this games performance on my XB1 is quite sad. I've done everything I possibly can within the game, and on my XB1 to free up more system resources to improve performance. After all that this games majorly chokes on my console..., as it does for a good number of XB1 owners who like you..., love the title.

Something is flawed in the coding and needs fixed.

20. Jamie Carter

Jamie Carter Rookie

As much as I would love to work for this company, I don't no. I'm guessing you work for PCars for Forza. This game is perfect. Guessing you have lost some online races too, listen just keep practicing and you will get better. I believe in you.