1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wr with gamepad? how fast should gamepad vs wheel be in ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Apr 4, 2015.

1. FloodWRX

FloodWRX Rookie

Every lap try to push harder,its the only way imho.And if you are fast on Optimal will be on Slow or Green too.

PAKFA likes this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Well, thats a pretty good view on things since you can never get worse. Practice is the key and we need to realize that there is some people thats just faster than us, and thats fine by me. I like your atttitude though :)

PAKFA likes this.
  3. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I'm going to have to try this car and this track tonight and see what my best lap time is. I'll be surprised if I'm within a minute lol

4. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

@Pafka: I would say at some corners you braked too late and lost due this some time. Overall your driving style is already okay.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

PAKFA likes this.
  5. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

And you would be right saying that. I know it's an issue I have, I try to go faster and faster, but I tend to overdo it and I miss the braking points. I'm still searching for that fine balance between speed and smoothness of driving. Haven't found it yet, haha.

Shaddix and snyperal like this.
  6. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

I suggest to read the RaceDepartment Setup Guide.
    It helps me a lot to change my car to my likings which are special :)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

PAKFA likes this.
  7. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Oh, this one is new > http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-car-setup-guides.99049/

I'll have to get on to reading that, I wonder how much am I gonna understand/learn and put to use correctly, those setup settings kind of look like hieroglyphs to me. :D

I'll get back to you in 1 year, probably by them I made some progress in setting up my cars good enough so that I don't have to rely on others giving me setups.

snyperal, kofotsjanne and Deatroy like this.
  8. Paul Haworth

Paul Haworth Racer

No worries mate, he's no longer within 2s of the WR. I made a few mistakes or it would've been more, but I did my best for the wheel users
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

My little go in the beamer I did an 8 minutes 20 something. Pretty poor but that was my first ever clean lap of the green monster.

Paul Haworth likes this.
  10. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

what a useless thread :)
    it amlost sounds to me ( and reminds me of ) those threads " nobody can be faster then me, they must be using car setup that cheated "

just admit you're not good enough and penalizing someone else won't make him slower

if real car used gamepad to be controlled, how do you know you won't drive faster as well ??
    it's definitely easier to co-ordinate 10 fingers then co-ordinate 2 hands and 2 legs

but so what? you think you will be faster with gamepad? then drive on gamepad ! - if being faster is the thing you are in

I though people buy wheels because they want to keep it more realistic ( the experience ) , not becasue they want to be faster

11. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

how da feck is this still goin on, been derailed alot tho lol, couldn't give a toss what they use too drive, all i care about is how i drive

12. cooken

cooken Gamer

Pakfa you are blending throttle and brake way too much, in some corners your brake and throttle inputs are almost the same. This isn't iracing, get your right foot off the throttle under braking.

On topic...this discussion is absolutely bonkers.

jasjeet and snyperal like this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Didnt you get your new wheel for like 1-2 weeks ago? I think i remember you posting pics of it in a thread. Did your times get better (as it is now, when you had a wheel for a while again) or was it better with a xbox controller?

I dont care how people race that much if they use a pad or steering wheel, but im just curious. :)

Patrik Marek likes this.
  14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I haven't really done a proper comparison wheel vs gamepad - which I definitely want to do at some point,
    at the moment, I don't really have that much time, and all time I have I'm trying to put into finishing cars that I'm working on

also, for that comparsion to be fair, I think I will need to use wheel for quite some time, becasue it will take a while to get used to it and use it to it's full potential.
    it's definitely more fun, but I have a suspicion that I'm faster on pad,
    but I haven't really done the comparison yet .. so we shall see

kofotsjanne likes this.
  15. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

This is what left foot braking is about (I don't brake with the right foot), so you can apply throttle even when braking and cornering to make the car rotate more and/or keep the grip.

I find myself in some corners when I enter very fast I actually need to do that to make the car rotate and make the corner or otherwise I would end up in the guard rails, the easiest one to try this is when you come with top speed from Dottinger Hohe and you have to brake hard at Hohenrain to make the right turn.

2121.jpg

I remember that even Lewis Hamilton uses this technique in F1. Also this does not apply only to iRacing.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I dont really mind wheel and pad users racing together all that much but I do consider them to be almost playing 2 different games. if I get beaten by a pad user it doesnt damage my ego like being beaten by wheel users :p

I know a guy who is very quick and uses a pad, more power to him, im sure it takes skill to master just like a wheel.

there are definitely things pad users can do that us wheel guys cant though, they can go lock to lock sooo much faster!

that guy I know can hold drifts round doni' in the 458 s3 that I would never dream of doing with a wheel. im sure there are similar things that we can do that pad guys cant as well.

Paul Haworth likes this.
  17. GG :D

I was banned, lol... Also, RFB ftw.

18. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

What?:eek:

19. *language*

lel

20. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Oh, on the forums, for inappropriate language.