1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wr with gamepad? how fast should gamepad vs wheel be in ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Yeah, prolly went too much "french canadian" for the admins.

snyperal and PAKFA like this.
  2. Mogster

Mogster Alien

So, in a similar vein can anyone with a wheel beat 2:14.811 round Spa in the GT2 458?

:D

3. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

4. Whenever scientist and like convert a real car into a remote control vehicle, what kind of controller do they use to drive it?
    [​IMG]

That looks like a big gamepad in his hands....where is the wheel?

Check this out:

5. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

312 laps he's done at Spa (305 invalid) is an almighty amount of kerb mauling / limit finding practising the guys done . Respect to the guy from me he deserves it . Just finished doing 90 laps at Imola in the 155 TI over the last 3 days to try & find THE perfect lap for me & my limited abilities . I gave up before i went mental but got to 20th out of 151 with maybe another half a second to be had if i done a perfect lap but even that would be about 3.5 seconds off WR pace .

snyperal and Kristaps like this.
  6. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Now show me how you drive your car and all the other gazillion million cars on the planet.

I also did not know you are a scientist, if that's the case exsqueeze me, you can keep driving it with your pad.

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Id like to see a pro mode time with controller and no aids.

Not dial in your own temps, use ABS, TC, no damage, no fuel use, no tyre wear. There is nothing sim in that time as every sim feature is off so it really means very little.

Id never turn everything off or drive with a controller, also I dont care much for hotlapping and set most of my laps in races or qualy sessions on a server with all sim features on. I think we are playing a very different game so cant really compare those times to how I play it.

Mogster, Rodrigo Pires and kro like this.
  8. cooken

cooken Gamer

You seem to struggle a bit with reading comprehension. See where I said "way too much"? I am well aware of left foot braking (and I disagree that simultaneous brake/throttle is the sole purpose), I am simply stating that you are applying too much throttle. You also seem to do it for every single corner, which to me seems excessive. Maybe it isn't making you slower, and maybe it is. Something to think about.

No, I only brought up iRacing because I found it is basically a requirement in many cases to keep the car from spinning. This is not the case in AC, nor in real life.

9. hman

hman Gamer

I don't use aids on the controller. Yes it is harder, but it is still possible to drive. The only aid I have turned on is auto clutch, because it is impossible in assetto corsa to setup a clutch on a controller.

10. martcerv

martcerv Alien

And credit to you as Ive seen you drive, I was mostly commenting on the RSR lap that was linked and had everything off and all aids on. I would really suck driving with a controller and there are a few guys that do well as does hman without aids. Not much point comparing the times of others that have everything as that linked rsr lap did.

11. Nah. I right foot brake on iRacing, doing just fine, lol....

12. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

today I finally gave that a shot, and have to say that at the moment, the difference it quite ALARMING !!!! I'm 2-3 SECONDS SLOWER on the wheel, then I was on the gamepad.
    Howver as I said - I did expect it that at first I will be slower on the wheel, and as I get more and more used to it ( and figure out proper settings) I will hopefully start to be faster

my proving grounds was Nissan GT-R at Imola

big difference thought is car control, on wheel I was much LESS LIKELY to loose control, on gamepad I can do a quick lap, but every now and then I do lose it somewhere. On wheel it felt like it was much less likely ( although I still did loose it here and there )

of course on the wheel it's way more fun, way more immersive

er540 and snyperal like this.
  13. martcerv

martcerv Alien

If I used a pad I would be probably 10 seconds slower then with a wheel. And even if I got used to the pad id still be much slower. Changing will always take time to adjust either way but unless there are lots of aids used a pad will always be at a disadvantage.

Pad users changing to a wheel for the first time will find it very hard too as its quite different even if the wheel and peddles gives more precise control.

Using the same aids then its pretty impressive if anyone on a pad can match a good wheel user. Some cars wpuld be pretty much impossible to even get close but some of the easier cars a pad wont be as big a disadvantage.

Deatroy and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  14. I'd be much slower with a pad, mainly because I wouldn't even bother loading up the game.

15. Deatroy

Deatroy Alien

Take Lotus T125 S1.
    Without ABS you cant brake that good to hold with good wheel driver.
    Thats why i loose 1s only about the braking.
    Easier cars like all newer street cars or GT3 are better to use.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

16. BwieDieter

BwieDieter Rookie

I don´t get what you/them mean by "wiggle"? pls explain! :)

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

400 hrs in A.C. with Xbox 360 gamepad.
    I bought the G27 and at first I was slower for maybe 2 secs.
    In 50hrs on wheel I matched and broke all my P.B. .
    Now , 400hrs later, I am 2 ~ 3 secs faster and more important, far more accurate / consistent (and happier).

mrk1001 and Cote Dazur like this.
  18. BwieDieter

BwieDieter Rookie

Yes, and everyone is making the point that that´s retarded. If the same guy that sets a WR time with a pad would get accustomed to a wheel, he would*obliterate* his pad time. Because the same guy under the same conditions will *always* beat his pad hotlaps with his wheel hotlaps. Because wheels already are faster than pads in AC, on average. Because they offer a much higher degree of precision more of the time.
    And that´s why your idea to implement artificial penalties for pad users is insane.
    It´s like saying: "Well, guns aren´t controlled by a mouse and keyboard IRL, so we should make the inputs of m&k users artificially imprecise compared to inputs of light guns and walking rigs."

19. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Wow.. old thread.. now the real question: where is PAKFA? @PAKFA are you still around?

20. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

he said he wanted to take a pause from the forum and AC