1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Wr with gamepad? how fast should gamepad vs wheel be in ac?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Huttu was the fastest thing around back when everybody used keyboard and mouse.

2. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

It wasn't his first run, he had quite a few laps practice, and if I remember correctly he puked in his helmet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

esox71 and speedbee like this.
  3. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

His best lap was on his first outing in the morning iirc. Then he felt sick, puked and was slower the rest of the day.

4. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

Okay, you are absolutely right. If he'd been driving using a gamepad he couldn't even get out the pits I think. :D

5. Jealousy is a curse.

witoldinho likes this.
  6. In real life you also need balls to go fast, not just skills. You might be the best driver in the world, but if you're concerned about your safety every time you go around a corner then you'll be slow.

So basically... #YOLO

misterbeam, Kristaps and Quffy like this.
  7. Psit

Psit Alien

You "forgot" to mention he landed from a 12 hour flight already sick with fever.
    Also it was his first contact with a race car.
    Jealousy is a bad thing...

Jebus likes this.
  8. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

If you're implying I'm jealous then you really don't know me well at all and shouldn't make these statements.

9. Octane

Octane Simracer

Huttu - iRacing/Skip Barber - YouTube documentary

This is mostly an iRacing promo for the first 4 minutes so the real story starts at 4:50 in part 1

Cote Dazur likes this.
  10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Was a while since I saw the clip but if i remeber correctly he didnt have a driving license and hadnt even driven a road car before.

11. Psit

Psit Alien

But but .... "he had quite a few laps practice"

:D

speedbee likes this.
  12. DomD

DomD Gamer

So:) I was there with Greger!

To clear this up (again:D)

It was an insane experience, thanks to iRacing - the weather was around 100F, Greger was feeling ropey the night before, perhaps it was nervous expectation as the weight of the sim racing community was on him! But I tend to think it was a virus from flying around quite a bit - who knows, he was genuinely unwell. So Greger goes out (on old tyres and detuned engine) and goes flat through the last corner, that was surprising to all, maximum commitment on lap 1. His first run consisted i think of 5 laps, of which he set his fastest time, surprisingly, mid corner he was faster than others, he lost time in t1 mainly. His other laps however were strong, despite being pretty sick and a few in particular would have been faster - except for the amount of yellow flags the sessions had.

So long and short is that he did amazingly in his first downforce car. He did have a driving license, he's had one for years, no idea where that came from, but he's got an advance driving license i believe - you know finland, ice etc:)

Similarly you can look at Atze as a top sim racer, who drove an F3, great story and was on the pace, then hit engine issues.

misterbeam, PhilS13 and Hany like this.
  13. misterbeam

misterbeam Hardcore Simmer

Huttu has nothing to prove to anyone ... end of the story!

TomTrick likes this.
  14. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

There is always some immensely talented people (in all walks of life) who are just in their own league. When you think you are good at something, always some Japanese/Chinese kid is better. By common sense thinking, FFB gives more information of grip, thus chances are that WR lap times are on average achieved with a wheel, not gamepad. But yea, FFB wheel is just a "gamepad" that gives a bit more info, not much else. Miles Davis could have played a killer solo with crappy trumpet..

15. I just bumped into this thread years later and OP's logic is beyond me. It's like complaining those who use chopstick vs spoon to eat, and tell the world that spoon should always win.