1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Your one most favourite car in the sim so far?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

What is your most used, most liked, most preferred, always gone back to car in the simulation so far? The one beauty that you enjoy more than the others, or at least for any reason use more often than any other car?

For me, it is the Ferrari 458 stage 3. No other car I have used more. I run it with ABS on, and TC at 3, usually, but through the full range of settings 1-4 the car can be enjoyed; when lap times are not my goal and I want to have fun, I even use TC at 4. It is stunningly brilliantly balanced in being well-behaved and being a drifting devil, if that is what the driver wants. Always predictable, always fair, even when sliding, and trust into the car builds up all by itself when you realise that while you can lose the tail - you also can comfortably catch it up again. It just handles great, lets you swing and sway, but always staying fair and predictable, reliable. You can focus on the track, must not fight against your comrade- the car. If there is one car that is iconic for AC, then it is this one. One can push it beyond its limits, yes - but you need to do it intentionally, almost - getting that result accidentally usually should not happen.

The BMW 1M and M235i are the silver and bronze medallists on my list, I just go back to using them again and again, they are so much fun.

All three cars give me a good feeling of being connected to the track, the driving, the transfering of weight and mass.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Poll on favourite cars. May 10, 2019
    News and Announcements Vote your favourite car for the upcoming Ferrari 70th Anniversary pack! Jun 23, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Favourite GT3 Cars? Jun 16, 2017
    Chit Chat Room What are your favourite mod cars? Oct 29, 2015
    ACC User Interface [Feature Request] Favourite Multiplayer Server Sep 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Favourite & Worst track Jul 24, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #143 - Ur favourite? Aug 25, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Favourite server pattern Aug 24, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Poll: Favourite Track? Aug 18, 2019
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer private server save option / favourite server May 31, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Easily my favourite FFB experience ever May 9, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain GT Series favourites target glory Down Under Feb 8, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Favourites being deleted Jun 29, 2018
    Suggestions Remember favourite setups Jul 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Favourite North American Circuit Apr 26, 2017

3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

for me it's Porsche 991 GT3 cup/GTamerica

Jason Madigan and PhenOm like this.
  4. McLaren F1 GTR. Something about it is just so fun. No driver aids, good ole manual transmission, and plenty of go go in the back. It handles great and is simply a pleasure to drive, whether I'm cruising around the Nurburgring, or hotlapping around Monza. It's the car I keep coming back to. Only thing missing is a few other cars in its class to compete with!

arthur666 likes this.
  5. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Not an easy question, there are many cars for many moods, tracks etc. but,

Ferrari F40, followed by the BMW E30 std. Alfa GTA gets honorable mention.

The F40 is so demanding, unforgiving. It is always ready to punish me. But when everything clicks, it just feels so right. The E30 is polar opposite. Feels like a faithful dog to whom you can do no wrong.

6. McLaren F1 GTR, various IER LMP1s, Corvette DP, Oreca FLM09

Love them all :)

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I like driving cars I built with my own hands the most... :p

The Cobra's nice, makes me want to get a stick shifter.

TDS, McNappa and Patrik Marek like this.
  8. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

I couldn't have said it any better Skybird, and the Ferrari 458 stage 3 is the car i seem to like the most.
    It is so rewarding and makes u feel like a totally deranged but in control maniac :D

I also really like to drive the Xbow gives me a reason to use the shifter that comes with the g27. That car is a blast to drive without any assist's or help from auto blip etc..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  9. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

F40, by far.
    No power steering, no ABS, no TC, lots of boost, manual gearbox, nicely balanced, great sound.

10. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

Great question...I don't have one favorite.
    Favorite modern street car: Ferrari 458 S3
    Favorite Classic Street car: Mclaren F1 GTR
    Favorite Prototype: Mazda 787B
    Favorite GT car: Lotus 2-11 GT4
    Open wheel: Formula Abarth
    Track Day car: KTM X-bow

11. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

Lotus 49 :D

12. 1karl1

1karl1 Simracer

Regular M3 E-30 if i have to pick one right now but that might change when i've driven every car & variant at every track at length which i still haven't done .

victor86 likes this.
  13. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

street cars???

victor86, xyr, Andy-R and 2 others like this.
  14. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

ill just agree with you, its a 991 there is literally no way i will not like the car, dont even need to drive it, i love it before that.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  15. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

So far, i have to say E30 standard, or X-Bow.

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Profound love for the 5-speed manuals, like F40, 787B, C9, E30, Alfa GTA, 190E etc.
    I think I mentioned those cars in the order I like them the most too...
    Although, I don´t like the RUF, gave it many tries :oops:

17. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Pff very difficult..

I think the Ruf because it's always tries too kill you.

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  18. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Damn you Patrik :p

I think for me it's Alfa GTA. So funny little car.

Or Patrick's Primera. Best feeling mod car.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

^
    so that's why you keep wanting more :)
    I was working on it a lot today, interior is taking shape, but still so many objects to do :-/ *sigh

Jason Madigan likes this.
  20. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

Yep. It really is my favourite car. Love touring cars. ;)

Let me know if I can help model something smaller/easier for you. Would gladly help while trying to learn a bit. Haven't got too many time/will to do it.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  21. Horus

Horus Alien

I like the one with circular wheels.

McNappa likes this.