1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A look at ACC in VR on a mid range PC

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by capt nasties, Jan 18, 2019.

1. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

I decided to do a video to demonstrate how ACC currently runs in VR (oculus) in the early release 0.5 state. This video is a full grid and day to night cycles so its representative of frame rates and graphics quality in the dry. ASW is on the entire time. Typically I HATE ASW but it seems the unreal engine responds very well to it and I did not have as much tearing, jaggies, or blurring that I experience in other titles with ASW on.

the video is at 1080P so feel free to crank it up on youtube :)

I have a basic PC, Alienware Aurora R7: For VR I think its definitely a "mid range" PC
    i8700
    GTX 1070
    16gb DDR4 2666 mhz ram

you be the judge...its smooth and playable for me. but the quality, as of now, is well behind AC. I am sure some optimization is coming. Wanted to share for the guys like me who do not have high end PCs. All in all, i really enjoy ACC despite the graphics shortcomings. The time cycle, lighting, physics, tire model, and FFB are looking and feeling very good to me at this point.

Alex1996, enacker, tlsmikey and 3 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Problem-Mid session save Jun 16, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Simhub does not display tyre inner middle and outer temp Jan 14, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room XploreSR Midweek Madness ACC Series Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay ACC AI stopping in the middle pof the track+constant yellow flag Sep 13, 2018
    ACC Multiplayer ACC dedicated server race start hangs, but only on Nordshleife Apr 13, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Access violation on game startup . The UE4-AC2 game has crashed Apr 11, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer ACC Server Setting Apr 7, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting RealtimeCarUpdate.Heading/Yaw removed from ACC Broadcast UDP in favor of WorldPosZ/Elevation? Apr 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Missing information in ACC Server Admin Handbook Version 1.10.0 Apr 3, 2024
    ACC Physics ACC inconsistensies should be addressed for the future of the game. (Ex: Braking mechanics & tracks) Apr 3, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC chrashed started Race in carriere modus Apr 2, 2024
    Bug reports acc fov bug Apr 2, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC 1.10.0 crash Nurb Nordschleife Apr 1, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC Will it get cross party not just cross play on consoles? Mar 23, 2024
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024

3. magzire

magzire Alien

Pretty sure ASW made the game choppy. I remember turing it off as others and was much smoother, unless it's changed.

mikendrix likes this.
  4. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

with my PC there is no comparison, the ASW is 100% required for a smooth experience. When I force it off its un playable unless I am on track by myself, which isn't much of a stress test.

5. with my 1080ti, the ASW is very smooth, works very well, and I can push more my graphic settings than in this video so it is better for me visualy

capt nasties likes this.
  6. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

Thanks for sharing - To the OP, the quality is pretty good in fact - I run a i7 8750, GTX 1080 and 16GB DDR4 ram - Am running with pixel density set at 1.5 in Oculus Tray tool - Am constantly at 90fps with high / Epic settings in game but it is very hard for me to read the text on the dashboard (it is blurry) - your video shows it is perfectly clear and am now wondering what's wrong with my environment! I haven't tried ASW yet - I just got the Rift a few days ago. I guess am going to try ASW now.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  7. yes you should try it, you could manage to up the pixel density and all other graphic settings.

capt nasties likes this.
  8. rpm

rpm Racer

Cote Dazur likes this.
  9. rpm

rpm Racer

Probably, I could not see anything.

ledinguelevrai likes this.
  10. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

I have also very clear dashboard in Oculus, but I set pixel scaling in game settings, not in Oculus tray tool. Try that. :)

Pheebau likes this.
  11. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

Thanks but I tried :) I did set it at 200% and it is clear when I look at the right panel with all the buttons but not the digital dashboard behind the wheel (the other digital panels that are closer are fine tho) - I mostly drive the Ferrari - If I come closer with the headset then it becomes clear(er) but not if I don't.

What in-game pixel density are you using if I may ask?

12. rpm

rpm Racer

I thought anything above 100% is a waste of time. What you need is a beefy CPU, and a beefy GPU.

VR definitely eats performance even if you have the best hardware. Unless you have the best I doubt anything can be done about it.

13. Pheebau

Pheebau Gamer

I hear you - However I definitely see the difference in terms of quality rendering (aka visuals) but it definitely taxes the system a lot. If I don't go above 100% I get 90 fps with most settings set to Epic so it is not too bad but the dashboard and panels in cockpit view is a let down for me with a pixel density of 1 (100%). If I set it to 1.5 (150%) I get around 45 fps locked in front view (without cockpit) otherwise it is between 25-45 fps in cockpit view.

14. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Thank you for the video. Could you please post your graphics settings screen too (AA, quality levels, Pixel density....)?

I feel I get much worse graphics and framerate in VR (Oculus Rift) although I have stronger hardware except the CPU. Perhaps I should upgrade CPU?

I also experience strange tearing/ghosting (from the TAA I think): when I look outside the left window I see the sidemirror multiple times (semi transparent tearing/ghosting effect). It seems you don’t have this problem...

15. I have done some test, 45fps with original engine.ini and 73fps with this tweaked engine.ini, there is not much loss in graphics rendering, it stays acceptable and will allow to push the graphic setting even more.
    As you can see, first pic is with original engine.ini, and there is more dark inside the car and trees, with the tweaked one all is more clean, looks like a light switched on inside the car.

20190118_152328.jpg 20190118_151755.jpg

16. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Looks brighter because you are missing ambient oclussion:

r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Great link, thank you for sharing

The first line of the settings says : vr density 1
    I run with 150% which is 1.5, will that setting overwrite my in game setting? Or should I change 1 for 1.5 in the settings?
    Where is the : Config\DefaultEngine.INI?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  18. yes this is it, so I have tested:
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0 --> 73fps
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1 --> 69fps and very close to original so worth it
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels line deleted for have the original activated --> 64fps

in conclusion, I will use the r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=1 for better visual and only 4fps loss

I have deleted this line in order to have the ACC parameter but even if you keep it, it will use the ACC one (150%)

Pheebau and Cote Dazur like this.
  19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

where exactly are we supposed to paste those settings?

[SystemSettings]
    vr.PixelDensity=1
    r.SeparateTranslucency=0
    r.HZBOcclusion=0
    r.MotionBlurQuality=0
    r.PostProcessAAQuality=3
    r.BloomQuality=1
    r.EyeAdaptationQuality=0
    r.AmbientOcclusionLevels=0
    r.SSR.Quality=1
    r.DepthOfFieldQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFormat=2
    r.TranslucencyVolumeBlur=0
    r.TranslucencyLightingVolumeDim=4
    r.MaxAnisotropy=8
    r.LensFlareQuality=0
    r.SceneColorFringeQuality=0
    r.FastBlurThreshold=0
    r.SSR.MaxRoughness=0.1
    r.rhicmdbypass=0
    sg.EffectsQuality=2
    sg.PostProcessQuality=0

alex bonner and capt nasties like this.
  20. capt nasties

capt nasties Racer

@Mike1304 I will post my settings once I prove them out in the rain and will post up another video of a full grid rain race.

I have used @Cote Dazur 's .ini files in previous releases with amazing results. however for the sake of these videos I wanted to see how I could get ACC to perform in with a "stock" engine.ini file.

I would recommend using his changes and will test that out in the near future on the 0.5.1 release.

Mike1304 likes this.