1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge #116 – Black and Gold

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

Thanks Dancamma for asking the questions. I've started 3 weeks ago and I didn't want to ask.. those people are great. They drive amazing and they help a lot. I've learned so many things in just a few weeks. I used to put some stability control to learn the track but you will realise it's better without it as it change the way the car turn. Anyway it's not an easy one to start with. It's 2 days that I can't even match my 1.25 for some reason. Gonna be a long week for me

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

3. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Sorry guys but what is overrevving?

Pretend racer and Tibor Sólyom like this.
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

You can raise the rev limiter for some cars above where it is set as default. Handy if the car makes it's power at the top of the rev range or to stop you having to change up to a higher gear before a braking zone where the gear you are in is just too short to get you there without shifting up. Typically it gives increasing amounts of damage the higher you go above 100%

Edit: I think it can be found under the "generic" tab in the setup screen on cars that have it.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  5. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Thanks a lot

6. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Great advice from others.Use the virtual driving line to learn new tracks and the all important apex's.What I used to do on new tracks was to drive like an old F..T or Sunday drivers,just to get a feel of the surface eg bumbs etc.Then just go faster once you know the layout.Then start braking later into a corners to see what you can get away with.There's a lot to learn so just get the basics right then you'll notice your laptimes will improve.ENJOY;)

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

the special events are fantastic to learn a track. it was this event where you have to go faster and faster, time attack? you have to pass a line with so less time left as possible. to pass the line every time with only some seconds left is very challenging. you have to be very patient. if you start to quick its very difficult. starting with cruising, 80km/h or so and you have to go faster and faster - after fiddling around in my first weeks this helped me a lot. :)

8. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

I know its off topic but I wanna share a great Documentary about 24h Nürburgring and Manthey Racing. Just to enjoy:)

9. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

I think tyre wear off doesn't change anything in tyres' behaviour, only their duration will be limitless. Tyre temperatures, grip, everything is the same. I'm not 100% sure though :)

10. dancamma

dancamma Racer

Thank you all for the advices, I'm glad to see there is a great community out there :)

11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

It is probably marginally slower to have tyre wear turned off then, at least in cars that don't start at 100%

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.23.495 - X1X

[​IMG]

DonZmeuheu, StyleF1re, Gijon and 10 others like this.
  13. dancamma

dancamma Racer

I'm so happy for this lap, everything went smooth and got 3s. Thanks again for your advices, they are a huge help!

dancamma
    1.28.247 - PS4

Attached Files:

DonZmeuheu, StyleF1re, Gijon and 12 others like this.
  14. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Well done dancamma:)

15. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

save of the day

:p

DonZmeuheu, StyleF1re, 365gt and 10 others like this.
  16. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

1.24.138 improvement

1 24 138 116.jpg

phew...screaming engine :oops:

17. Improvement
    PS4
    upload_2019-2-19_19-31-39.png

18. pctm

pctm Hardcore Simmer

PC
    hotlap.jpg

19. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1:23:846 PC

Feels like I can still gain a load of time if I could only drive the thing and hit a few apex's :-(

72D LS.PNG

20. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Small improvement...enough for tonight, frustrating!

1:23:756 PC

72D LS.PNG