1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 0.7 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Brado23, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Well after 3 evenings on Mr. Git's servers 30, 40 and 45 SA without being involved in a single contact I tried 1 race on the official 3 medals server.

.... Got smashed 7 times in less than 2 laps. 10/10 would recommend a non SA server again

2. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I disagree. If ACC becomes the only clean racing sim it will gain followers.

Luatz1 and LeDude83 like this.
  3. Afters years away from the sims ACC, his quality and his ratings, really sucked me into sim racing again, pretty hard.
    I believe the Ratings if applied can really do something as I seen.

On the other hand if we keep crashing our heads into races with no filters who we can blame?

The tools are already here, we just need to use them

LeDude83 and mike reynolds like this.
  4. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

You’re exactly right. Forget the Luatz person. If you see someone wreck eight straight people, including yourself, get revenge and don’t let the piece of crap finish the race. You’re not stooping to anyone’s level. Until we have an SA solution and enough clean racers to populate servers, you cannot continually allow these people to wreak havoc or they will just continue to do it.

Before I tell you what just happened, please understand that I rarely if ever initiate contact with other drivers. Certainly never on purpose, but it’s a rarity because I always give a little room. In the incident I’m about to explain, my SA went from 55 to 51 in T1 at Monza because I must have hit at least eight cars.

There was just a guy in A Monza server. During Q he hung out just left of the turn in to Ascari. When people approached, he rolled forward onto the track to make sure they crashed into him. I saw it three different times. At the race start, the first six rows we re great, but this same piece of sh, um crap came into T1 full speed from the back of the pack literally took out the whole field, and by a stroke of luck this guy ended up rolling straight through the chicane into first place. I felt that was beyond unacceptable. Escaped out to the pits, and waited for the guy. Like a good racer, I let him pass me on the straight into T1. Was on his tail to the start finish line. I could have drafted by him, but not a chance. He was in first by five seconds. What do you think happened next? Lol I didn’t want to just rub him lightly, I wanted him to get an exact dose of his own medicine, so I backed off the throttle before the 300 marker and just let the car roll. As he started braking, I just aimed the car for the curb, and my timing was perfect. When he turned in to the right, he met my car with a perpendicular blow at ~250 kph. Race over for him and when he went ballistic, I couldn’t even respond because I was laughing so hard. Every line he posted just made me laugh even more. What was a disaster race ended up being a humorous experience, and maybe a lesson for that idiot.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    Franc Pisek likes this.
  5. No sorry.
    If you revenge wreck someone you are not better than them, no matter how "noble" are your intention.

Freddie Seng, warth0g, Jebus and 7 others like this.
  6. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I also play Call of Duty and Battlefield in a clan, and if anyone on our side team kills on purpose then our clan all gang up on him and team kill him as soon as each game starts. They soon get sick of instantly dying and leave.
    Its probably similar to what you mean.
    If they get auto kicked for TK then that's a different story.
    We NEVER team kill for the sake of it or for giggles as we take playing and team work seriously, but if someone wants to spoil it we make it as hard as possible for them and as least enjoyable for them too.

I totally agree, when its an accident, but if they are hellbent on ruining your (and everyone elses) games, especially if you have found a good server then what are you supposed to do if the SA doesn't take care of them?

chksix likes this.
  7. Not gonna change my mind, no matter the motivation behind.
    If someone wants to ruin will ruin. Even worst you give them an additional motivation.

The game is still in his Early Access. All good for the testing, data gathering about the drivers behaviours etc.
    But if you wanna race clean the basis are already here.

The choice is ours if we want to use the tools provided or not. No need for self proclaimed sheriffs

Jebus, mike reynolds, tjr and 6 others like this.
  8. ChivasRx

ChivasRx Racer

That’s your opinion. And I’m not looking to be better than anyone. I’m only looking for fairness. And when I say that, I mean with good racers. What I just did never happens. A turn 1 wreck at Monza is almost expected. Almost? It was the purposeful wrecking of other people during Q, and myself, that was too much. And when I saw the same guy wreck the field and take first, well, that was just not going to last for long. Let him share some of the frustration he dishes out on a regular basis.

chksix likes this.
  9. I might have used the wrong words but clearly we have opposite visions on the matter.

Maybe I was just lucky but, for what I have seen in my races, the SA already works and it's only the beginning.
    So yes my opinion is that revenge wrecks are not worth.

Let's agree to disagree

Luatz1, tjr, mr Switchblade and 2 others like this.
  10. CKraegel

CKraegel Simracer

Is there a way to change the pitstop strategy (e.g. from dry to wet tyres) during a race in VR?

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

No not in VR. Devs are working on it.

CKraegel likes this.
  12. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

It would work if kunos servers used it. Right now they are the only populated ones and not using SA rating is detrimental to the community.

If those players that like to cause problems weren't able to find full rooms populated with clean drivers they would have their fun in 4 people destruction derby servers and not mess with the masses.

We already have kunos server 100%populated and some people sitting out. It's time to fire the SA CANNONS!

13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

True, it looks like enough people got to reasonable SA values so we need to adjust (carefully)

Max Doubt, chksix, Echo_29 and 2 others like this.
  14. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I belive SA should count in towards thr profile when is the race finished.. i did 2-3 races where i raced ai on zolder and i was gaining sa each lap and then ai bugged out so i restarted and again did some laps and restarted but sa rating climbed up.

15. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Not only that. I think you should gain SA in SP mode much slower than in MP. I noticed someone (who also streams here and then) that was very frustrated because of him making mistakes and then giving up the race by just ramming the next best driver and ruining their race. That guy is frustrated a lot and he has an SA of about 80. He mentioned on his stream that he just keeps following the AI around for his SA. I don't think that meets the prupose right there..

I on the other hand only play MP and managed a SA of something between 60 and 70 which is much harder to achieve than offline..

Max Doubt, sirgaric, Son and 2 others like this.
  16. iVG

iVG Alien

Who's that?

17. Turk

Turk Alien

Managed to get the sim rig down for the weekend. Had a lot of fun racing AI. I was surprised to see the posts on Racedepartment about people being ramed by AI at corners because I found the AI was braking kind of early, I did a race at Zolder and At T7 and T9 I was able to outbreak the AI every time. I'd wonder if extremely low aggression settings are the problem as Coanda pointed out earlier. Over all though Ai put up decent fights, all accidents were my own fault. I was using 85 skill and 75 aggression I think, I'd increase both next time I play.

I lowered graphical settings once again and while the game plays OK the replays got worse for me, I don't seem to be gaining anything from lowering settings, I think I'd need to turn off ASW to see what kind of FPS I'm getting, but I feel like it's not worth putting too much effort into graphical settings at this point. Main thing is once I'm sitting in the car everything runs smoothly.

18. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Don't want to end up in name calling so all I'll tell you here is that it's not MrGit ;)

R. Iván and iVG like this.
  19. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

My SA is 56, impossible to make better while staying inside the official server

20. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

It's hard to give any advice since I don't know your driving style but I'd say it is indeed possible. You have to be very patient and generous to people. For example if you look in your mirror and see someone missing their breakpoint, just try to take the wider line even if that means letting him and possibly other drivers through. Or stop "diving" to the inside even if you rightfully could do it because your opponent could have commited to his line by using a certain breakpoint so he would cut you. Expect people to be inexperienced and adapt to their driving style. Sometimes expect even everything x). All that is much easier if you imagine yourself sitting in an actual racecar having your life at stake.

LeDude83 likes this.