1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ACC 0.7 Discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Brado23, Mar 19, 2019.

1. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

At least for me if Im on pit options MFD page, the button assigned to pit limiter in wheel does not work. Havent tried other buttons yet so havent created bug report yet..

2. PabloVND

PabloVND Racer

Pit limiter has to be activared in first gear only.

3. OK. But, when pit windows is open, same in fisrt gear, pit limit no active.

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Crammond’s GP series AI was all scripted. Good but not state of the art in our time.

5. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, this is the one issue I've had today. Smashed from behind right on the pit entry 50km/h line by the AI.

6. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

what does "scripted" mean?

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

No real-time involvement, just look where the opponent is, then follow the prescripted line.

8. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

I have to say I have read a lot of stuff on the internet about various aspect of the series over the years. The crash physics was another one.It seems if it's said enough it becomes fact.
    I'll put your opinion in the 'I hear what you are saying' box as I can neither prove or disprove it and leave it at that.:)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

As a matter of fact I did the inet inquiry on my own, and found nothing consolidating.
    BUT I remember an interview with Geoff....
    AND I remember the ai behavior...
    But yeah, you’re right, no hard facts, no truth.
    :)

10. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

The thing is isn't all AI scripted? I mean wouldn't you program it to be on a racing line until someone enters a pre-defined area around you and then have rules on how and when to react depending a number of variables?

I know I'm over-simplifying but isn't that pretty much what people do, unless I'm missing something?

Queue Stefano............ :)

martcerv and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Good question, I give this one to @Lord Kunos

Winston likes this.
  12. Si.

Si. Simracer

Hi @Minolin does the SA rating take into account the position, movement & speed of opponent cars. I’m concerned that my OBWP is increasing when many of my accidents are out of my control imo, some examples of what has happened:

All Monza so far:
    1) first lap first corner, rear ended from behind and pushed into other opponents.
    2) first lap first corner, cars crash in front and spin mid way through corner, impossible to miss or no way past without bumping.
    3) last corner, suddenly find a car stopped facing wrong way on racing line, significant crash, need to return to pits.
    4) final straight, car behind intentionally swipes my back end wiping me out with enough damage I need to return to pits.
    5) intentional significant sideways move by opponent to prevent overtake wiping me out.

So far my SA is around 47, I think Trust was in 80s and OBWP high 30s.

Do your calculations apportion blame based on angle/direction opponent facing, speed, sudden direction changes etc? How quickly will OBWP decrease once I get into cleaner servers and avoid contacts?

Should I be overly concerned by OBWP knowing that I am a clean driver, I know you mentioned you can gain 100 SA with a significant amount of OBWP as it’s based on a ratio of Trust to OBWP, does that mean Trust can go above 100? I’m only interested in gaining a good SA rating in the end.

13. Karolinis

Karolinis Racer

Had some time to have a go on 0.72. I was super glad to see the cars being teleported to pits if DRIVE is not press on time in the changelog, but somehow did not notice it at the tracks. Everything seems going to the right direction, but here's my couple of observations:

-The time which is visible before race on the RCTL (?) banner in the bottom of the HUD, should be also visible in GARAGE/SETUP window.
    -I did not notice if the standings are working correctly just before the start, but there should be a penalty for being in higher position of what you qualified at the moment of green flag (adjusted after player cars removed due to not pressing DRIVE on time). Lots of guys still driving around the cars which are late to move and starting where ever they want..
    -Pace car is definitely needed, though It wouldn't be much help if the warm-up lap starts before the last corner. If somebody is a bit late to move it seems you are stuck there and can't catch up with people in front - they get a big gap from the get go.
    -Warm-up lap should start further back, or at least there should be an option for server admins to choose where.
    -If the penalty for overtaking before green light is implemented (DQ for big gap, Drive through for small gaps), then maybe only the first position should be with limiter and others would have to follow. Warning when overtaking car in front before green flag should be given by crew chief, also arrows like in iRacing pointing to the car you should be following.

Thats my thoughts after playing it in 0.71 & 0.72. Even though the things I mentioned I think are really needed, but it is already very enjoyable to race. Good job, team!

Coanda, sid1965, tjr and 1 other person like this.
  14. Sofa

Sofa Gamer

Thx for your reply. First I had to get a 'pa' rating, only then the safety thing starts working. I never race offline, so it was all at 0. I am on 35 now, so soon I'll be able to join servers again. Hope so, don't like racing AI or do 'special events'. Btw, had to switch off mandatory pitting; no box to be seen. Anyway, weird point system, let's hope it will work in the long run and get rid of crashers. Thx again. :)

15. I'd say that the phrase "AI is scripted" means absolutely nothing and I tend to dismiss it as a sign of total lack of understanding about game developing... and I pretty much avoid engaging at that point.
    So my suggestion to anybody interested in not looking ridiculous to eyes of people that actually know is to avoid this line as plague.

jaxx_za, chksix, Thug and 2 others like this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

:);)

stefanoCasillo likes this.
  17. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

I was talking about MFD affecting button assignments, limiter works fine if you could activate it..

18. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Simracer

Perhaps Winston should just ask Siri. Keeping in mind she probably thinks all of us humans look scripted and ridiculous. It would probably go something like this-
    Winston: Hey Siri- Isn't all AI scripted?
    Siri: I suggest you avoid all AI as plague, Winston!

mr Switchblade likes this.
  19. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

For clarity if you look as my pervious post you'll see I was questioning the use of the term . Ive never understood its general use when talking about AI. It's banded around all the time with no explanation of what it means. I assume those that use it differentiate it fron coded in some way.

20. there's something even worse than "scripted AI".. I've also heard "scripted physics"... :D Same considerations apply, no explanations.. just terms thrown in there like that.